Schneider Employee Reviews

Productive fun workplace with bean bag toss competitions.
Shipping Associate/Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Elwood, ILJanuary 2, 2017
We have 2 daily meetings about production and any other information we may need such as overtime and policy changes. Work environment is a bit fast paced without feeling rushed or overwhelmed. Co-workers are great, very friendly and will help whenever needed. Management is very approachable, they really listen to the associates. The benefits are really good. Growth is very attainable. Tuition reimbursement.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses, benefits, associate friendly, tons of discounts.
Cons
Pay cold be better.
OTR Driver / Trainer
Over the road - Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 24, 2016
• Created and implemented a working inventory of supplies and equipment

• Created and implemented work schedules weekly and job assignment daily

• Driver for 5 years / in addition training drivers for 3 years

• Hired, trained and supervised a team of 10 personnel

• Interacted with the drivers and Guardian Glass Manufacturer staff to problem solve on a daily basis

• Scheduled load assignments per various trailers
Pros
Good Miles / Great advancement potiential / Good Benifits
Cons
Home Time Hard
They gave me an opportunity to develop my skill set
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 18, 2017
Great company to work for if you own your own tractor

Because of this company now I have experience when other companies wouldn't take me.

For that I am very grateful whenever I get my own truck I would love to come back and make some real money I don't mind the responsibility and all the paperwork that's what happens when you make real money
Pros
Constant Freight
Cons
Company drivers salary needs Improvement
Great Fortune 500 company with endless opportunities
Global Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ashwaubenon, WIAugust 31, 2016
Schneider is an internationally known company that has reach into many different career fields. Compensation is fair, benefits are competitive. I would certainly suggest seeking a job opportunity at Schneider, Inc. if even to use as a stepping stool to another career. Advancement from within is highly endorsed at Schneider, but position change is also fairly frequent.
Pros
Competitive benefits, Multiple locations, career opportunities
Cons
Occasional poor management
Hard work but good pay and benefits
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 29, 2016
Good pay with long hours
Driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 19, 2016
After 12 years I decided to call it quits. Due to the overall driver shortage in the industry drivers are not held to any standards. Often times bad behavior was rewarded. They operate very much on the idea that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Drivers who complain the most get treated better than those of us who came in and did our job properly everyday. Your were encouraged to "optimize your hours" which was just code speak for cutting corners. Integrity is supposed to be one of their core values but there is none among their drivers. There is also very little integrity in the management. They throw the term "respect" around as its another core value. Very little respect from the company towards the drivers. Your time, your wants, your needs, your family, they have no respect for. The benefits are sub-par at best. The health insurance is some of the worst I've had. If you want to work for a company where your treated like a piece of meat then this is your kind of place.
Good Company with small town values
Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 11, 2016
Schneider is a good company to begin you transportation career. The Corporate Office is located in a small town with few career options in transportation without relocation. Because of this there is very little turnover in middle management and above roles. This can become frustrating for anyone looking for a fast track. That being said, this is a company the typically promotes from within. They operate with a "no players on the bench" concept with a lean team. This can lead to long hours, and for some roles, extended travel. Compensation is average for the industry as is benefits. Schneider is a good fit for someone wanting to live in small town USA while having a career that provides fair compensation.
Fun and productive place to work.
Loader/ Unloader Operator (Current Employee) –  Elwood, IL 60421January 1, 2017
Only 36 hours a week Monday through Thursday. Salary is too low. In need of a better opportunity or additional job to supplement my current income.
Pros
Great work environment and job security.
Cons
Shorted hours from time to time during slow times.
All work and no play
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMarch 9, 2017
Fast past environment with little room to grow except if you like to travel. The pay starts low with very few raises and bonuses. They micromanage at times.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Bad learning experience
Terrible management
Account Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 26, 2017
The company did many things that I felt were unethical but were things that I had to carry out. No work/life balance. Little to no training.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
unethical
Daily routine, listen to drivers complain about how bad they have it
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 28, 2017
Dedicated account. Drivers were home daily and always complained about the small stuff. If they weren't complaining about something then they wouldn't be happy. Not all but a lot of them
Pros
8 hour days
Cons
Compensation and lies.
Great company to work for.
National Over The Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARFebruary 23, 2017
This company has treat me well as a woman driver as well as management. I don't mine working back to this company. training is excellent in my book.
benefits
Cons
pay
Great place for a first time driver.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Good place to work at.Competitive wages. Good pay. Many job opportunities. Dispatchers were great and helpful. Learned a lot about trucking here. Great benefits.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Being away from family
Summary of job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2016
Great benefits and signing bonus
No work/life balance
Nice salary
Typical work day consistent of on the road two weeks minimum for OTR Drivers
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
No work/life balance
Great training only
Dedicated delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 29, 2016
If you wanna starve work for them
If you want great additional training they do have that
Don't do the dedicated dollar tree accounts
they are creating a lot of injuries because they'd rather scimp on good unloading equipment and let you work harder and risk those injuries
Pros
benefits, trucks
Cons
no good equip, no money to be made
Good Employer
Fleet Specialist (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKFebruary 1, 2017
Good pay and benefits, good people, great team work.Good operations support and upper management. Challenging fast paced environment.
Very productive place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 13, 2017
I enjoyed working with my coworkers. They taught me alot of information about logistics. I enjoyed the pay. But the job provided zero health benefits.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
temporary empoyee
Very professional great place to work
dedicated driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Nice people great place to work great operating centers constant loads home weekly 34hr resets and back out there. Great cafeteria great food .
Pros
Nice Cafe on site
Cons
Health care benefits 401k
Great starting job for first-time truckers
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 6, 2016
The company highly emphasizes safety, treats their employees with respect, and works to make the company grow continuously.
Pros
Well maintained terminals, great benefits, training
Cons
had to constantly ask dispatchers for West Coast runs while living in the Midwest, rude fellow drivers
Great Job
Solo Over-the-Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 19, 2017
This company was great if you like over the road driving. The pay is good to, but over the road driving was not for me. The benefits are great to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider. Our community is ready to answer.