Schneider Employee Reviews

Former Employee
Sales IT (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 28, 2016
Caution, too many medical bills - out the door. Schneider is self insured and many employees, if they have high medical, are included in layoffs, It is a way to keep their medical under their control.
Pros
People
Cons
unfair
Home on weekends
Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 21, 2016
Had a regional route, the job itself was not hard I just need something a lot more local in my life at that time. my co-workers were very helpful in doing the job
Professional company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 21, 2016
I learned a lot things about how to be professional truck driver with sefty in this company

Transportation and despatcher the load for brand companies like Walmart
very stable company
Brokerage Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
I had the honor to work under the command of Don Schneider and the work environment was like no other, the company was very focused on employee development and wellness, Great company!!!!
Account Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 20, 2016
Good place to work. Good leadership teams. Clear expectations. They helped me move forward in my career .Great place for advancement
Pros
sdeady work
Cons
enjoyed the people and work here
Diesel technician (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PASeptember 12, 2016
i learned alot of new things as far as repairs. got too break out of the basic and get into a little heavier repairs. was fired due too corporate bottom line.
Ok place to start your trucking career
Transportation Expert/Delivery Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 10, 2016
Schneider national is an ok place to start your trucking career. Turn over is high, pay is low compared to industry standard. I thinks its an ok place for the short term.
treated great by everyone in the office
Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 9, 2016
great place to work, everyone from mechanics and office works treat you very good. i would recommend working for them to anyone who is looking to drive trucks.
Great Company and Driver Friendly
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 8, 2016
It was an absolute honor to work with Schneider. They were very considerate to me with the problems that arose. I worked on a regional route, meaning I was out 5-5 1/2 days and home for up to 48 hours. I ran east of the Mississippi River up to Pennsylvania.
Drove Truck
Over the road Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 7, 2016
Drove truck 14 days on 4 off. Too much on the road couldn't take pet with. needed to be home more. Felt like a number not a person. Didn't make enough money. Felt like I could be replaced by someone willing to work for less.
Pros
Cons
to much road time
Overall a great place to work and grow.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2016
Home on time about 90% of the time. If you live in the sticks, be prepared to be late by 1 or 2 days. Other than that, an overall great experience. Paid vacation after a year. Paid down time if truck is in shop. Paid hotel when required. Plenty of freight (unless you're in the northwest). Great equipment upkeep.
Pros
Free laundry/showers at most Operating Centers, plenty of support, plenty of equipment.
Cons
Home time for those of us living in smaller towns/away from big cities, governed trucks.
Revolving door.....and that's no Lie!!!
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 3, 2016
I'm gonna make this short and sweet for I have wasted enough of my time with this company,,,,been here as a Lease Operator for 4 months....have been running like a dog only to get a pay check every other week..about to loose everything I own because they're loads constantly cancel at the end of the week after I've made money to cover Truck payment and fuel....then my next load or loads will cancel like clock work and to make matters worse they haven't even been nf you when it cancels..you drive all the way there to be told your loads gone or your pu number is wrong or no product which ultimately means you scramble for a maybe load afterwards...this happened to me 6 weeks straight which ultimately means you can't get out the hole for the week because your last load cancelled and all the real good loads are gone or don't delivery until after the Monday night cutoff....so I just warned you...go ahead and waste your time then you will see...
This company cares absolutely Nothing about you as a lease operator.....you will get a shiny nice Truck and a high Truck payment and you will scratch and claw like a dog to try and make a paycheck....and if you do I Guarantee that nh extra week you won't because someone's watching and they will.make sure your loads cancel....You Have Been Warned!!!!!!!..I ran that truck like a dog barely came hm, cheated on my logs and qualcom did everything to try an make it and Still had several $0 deposits on Friday...
Pros
Nice trucks...but check them thoroughly before u leave, trucks not gouverned!!!
Cons
You will starve, ..literally, Even cheating on the qualcom can't get you a paycheck over here....trust me !!!
Treat you well
Class A CDL Bulk (Tanker) / Van (Box Trailer) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 3, 2016
Good place to work. Good home time. Pay needs to improve.. DBL's work well to fill the personal needs of their drivers. Trucks are new and in great condtion.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Pay
Good company
Assist all Independent Contractors (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 1, 2016
Very nice company to work for. There was a nice work life balancer and a strong safety culture. Very nice team oriented workplace as well.

Schneider was always accommodating to its employees and encouraged their employees to move to different roles.
Great Fortune 500 company with endless opportunities
Global Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ashwaubenon, WIAugust 31, 2016
Schneider is an internationally known company that has reach into many different career fields. Compensation is fair, benefits are competitive. I would certainly suggest seeking a job opportunity at Schneider, Inc. if even to use as a stepping stool to another career. Advancement from within is highly endorsed at Schneider, but position change is also fairly frequent.
Pros
Competitive benefits, Multiple locations, career opportunities
Cons
Occasional poor management
A difficult work place
team driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 31, 2016
Team driver - on road (12 on and 12 off)

Tolerance for the lack of coordination

Management was detached

Co-worker team driver - the best. Others supportive

Hardest part - getting clear instructions and clear dispatches in event of equipment breakdowns or required maintenance. Very inconsistent.

Enjoyed team driving and my team - mate. Hard worker, dedicated, and trustworthy.
Pros
Team partner and support of staff
Cons
Confusing dispatches when trouble on road
Largest carrier in the nation. Don't give a darn attitude.
Dedicated Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 31, 2016
Passed up a job as yard jockey with another reputable carrier. Boy do I regret it. Schneider may be the largest carrier in the nation. But they also carry the largest attitude. Just another transport corp. Driver business leaders (driver dispatch) come in hours late, denigrate the driver for things that should be handled by the driver business leader as lower management and just plain don't give a darn about anything but their own friday/payday. Stay where you're at. Take same disregard from a smaller corp. Schneider is too big to hear the individual driver speak.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Condescending in every manner to the driver
Owner operators stay away
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston.chicagoAugust 29, 2016
Not worth the time.as an owner they tried to control my home time and even called me and told me i could get out of jury duty.had to constantly dodge the good old boy club that came first no matter what.i was never late and no complaints spills or claims.treated like a rookie and lied to.the turn over rate is very high and management is to blame due to their lack of honesty and equality.. no amount of calls to supervisors will help.constant resets at my expense
Pros
Cheap maintenance
Cons
VERY BAD DISPATCH AND MANAGEMENT
HIgh Paced Challenging Environment
Shop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Reserve, LAAugust 27, 2016
I enjoyed this position due to the varying daily challenges, the influence my team and I had on the success of the bulk line of business. The hardest part of the job was juggling the demanding aspects of the job and balancing maintenance priorities.
Overall good company
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNAugust 24, 2016
laid back atmosphere, main focus is safety, very helpful, have the miles if you're willing to work, ok home time, sometimes people are hard to get ahold of