Schneider Employee Reviews

It's not the place that sucks its the bosses that make it suck
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Elwood, ILDecember 3, 2016
If u want a job don't go to schneider its the worst place u can work in. The bosses treat u like real bad ,
they don't know how to talk to people, act like we three, they change the rules to suit them, and they only care about production , but when u get hurt they want to know the full details then. They act like they care about safety but they don't. If u get a job at schneider god help u
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Managers, leads, supervisors sucks not all but most
Good organization to work for. Many opportunities with different lines of work across the US.
OTR truck driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 3, 2016
Spent 13 years as a dedicated driver for Schneider National. Steady miles and steady pay. The people in office work and the mechanics are professional and always ready to help with any issue that arises so you have peace of mind while out on the road.
Pros
quarterly bonus, steady miles, home time when you need it.
Cons
trucks are governed, electronic logs.
inter-modal no real miles or pay
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 30, 2016
Well got hired on in inter-modal division was told that drivers tend to not come back to work. After doing 12 hour days and running my clock out constantly. I found that between Rail, Traffic, Live Loads, and filling Day cab drivers deliveries I was running errands instead of regional miles. Schneider does the bait and switch your told this and that but when the rubber meets the road you are left with a flat tire.
Dispatch department
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 27, 2016
No discipline, dispatch department needs to be monitor and or manager better. My overall rating would be 3 stars because of how the drivers are being treated, they are not being respect as real people. My sister called me while on the road because our mother had an emergency hospital visit and my manager asked me why I need to visit my mom while she was in the hospital.
Great
Lead (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 10, 2016
This company, I think, is really great. They are always flexible with other's schedules, always putting their people first. I admire that they take of their people.
Pros
Great Peopl
Cons
Not enough incentives to accumulate
Cool work enviornment
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2016
Schneider is a cool place to work. They have plenty of freight so less time spent waiting for loads. DBL's are cool for the most part (a few outliers aside). The pay could be a lot better for company drivers. Equipment is well maintained.
Good Company to work for
Dedicated driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 9, 2016
With notice it is easy to get time off and they are real good at working with you on getting the required time off. Many different options to work for and you can change to different driving jobs within the company
Pros
Good health care
Cons
vacation pay
fun working place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 7, 2016
• Operate an 18-wheeler to transport building materials
• 100,000 Miles OTR
• Hook and Unhook trailers
• Pre-trip inspection vehicle and preform brake check
Great place to work for starters
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARNovember 6, 2016
Great place to work for starter's! Loads are pretty consistent so that mean your paychecks are Sewell. Management not really supportive of the drivers.
Pros
Constant loads
Cons
Management not really involved
Great starting job for first-time truckers
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 6, 2016
The company highly emphasizes safety, treats their employees with respect, and works to make the company grow continuously.
Pros
Well maintained terminals, great benefits, training
Cons
had to constantly ask dispatchers for West Coast runs while living in the Midwest, rude fellow drivers

Want to know more about Schneider?

Ask a question
Good company to work with.
Driver Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2016
A typical day at work it required me to drive to different states and locations. I learned teamwork, punctuality, and hard work. The management team was good. I got along with all my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the mental aspect, and the most enjoyable part was traveling and going to different states.
Pros
I had a chance to see different states and cities.
Cons
Being away from family.
Very great experience
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAOctober 31, 2016
Was only OTR dedicated Amazon but the runs were simple, work loads were easy, and Qualcomm was a plus to use because of the user friendly interface. Help from SNI support was always available when you needed it and I never had an issue with a load ever. Communication is key that's all.
Hard work but good pay and benefits
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 29, 2016
Schneider is an internationally known company that has reach into many different career fields. Compensation is fair, benefits are competitive. I would certainly suggest seeking a job opportunity at Schneider, Inc. if even to use as a stepping stool to another career. Advancement from within is highly endorsed at Schneider, but position change is also fairly frequent.
Great place to begin your cdl career.
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2016
It is what you make of it. Learned a lot of safety precautions.They have so many accounts, find the one that best fits your needs.
Fun place to work for
Dry Van Driver (Current Employee) –  W.memphisOctober 24, 2016
They keep you running.....always busy teams members always running no stops great pay for a start. Graet people and management no issues there also new equipment
Productive and friendly atmosphere, team work was a plus!
Driver Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNOctober 20, 2016
My co-workers worked together as a team. The work environment excelled at working together to make everyone's job easier.
Good Company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 17, 2016
Ok company to work for however, wouldn't pay for all miles driven. My driver leader was outstanding but it showed that he was more company friendly than to the drivers.
Pros
Safety
Cons
Hometime
Management is horrible
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILOctober 15, 2016
The way the location i worked at was managed was horrible. Inconsistent start times, No communication. Fail to give you information on loads being ready or approximate times loads will be ready.
very good start out company
Regional truck driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2016
Schneider national is a great company to start out with. The higher ups really do care about the workers and will put the drivers first before anything. they also except military expreiance as road time which will make you even more on start out. they always kept me moving. the only thing i didnt like was how slow the trucks are. they except you to stay under 60 mph.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
slow trucks
Great starter company
PROFESSIONAL TRUCK DRIVER OTR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2016
Little to no home time, pay sucks , over all its a pretty cool company to work for if you are just starting out with trucking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider. Our community is ready to answer.