Schneider Employee Reviews

I like working for this company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 18, 2017
Schneider National inc is company based out of Green Bay WI. take advantage of all written material that this company gives you. there driver manual does prepare for the computers on the trucks and how to be prepared to run a tractor.
Pros
I thought this company prepared you for the long term driving
Cons
protect yourself from the sleep Apnea test questioned that the company gives you at orientation.
Starter
Over the Road Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 14, 2017
Starter company, great company for starting in the profession. Organization is a bit low for such a big corporation.Needs to add things such as APU's.
Fast pace environment
Support Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 12, 2017
Being tentative to all drivers, customers, border patrols were a daily challenge, but everyone made it a fun and relaxing environment. Everyone helped everyone out.
Good place to work . . .
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 11, 2017
Good steady work, but they need to work on work/life balance. Look to promote within which is positive. I think that pay is a little low for the area.
devops engineer
Sr. DEVOPS ADMINISTATOR (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 11, 2017
A lovely place to work.here the management is really good. and when coming to my team , we are very friendly, we solved many issues by mutual understanding, am the team leader over here.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lima,OhSeptember 10, 2017
I really liked working on a Dedicated account for Schneider. But something better and closer to my house came up that i couldn't pass up. I would recommend this company to anyone!
Pros
Good equipment, great office support
Cons
12 hr days (but has a 4 on 3 off work week)
I wish I can go back
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 9, 2017
the job was good but got into a accident which they wont rehire me, working with them is a fast paced, traffic sucks and store managers gave a difficult time
Great for new drivers and drivers that want to work
Class A Driver, OTR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2017
Enjoyed my time with Schneider National. Great place for brand new drivers to learn the industry, and for experience drivers looking for steady work and progression.
Long Hours
Load Planner (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILSeptember 4, 2017
Hired us from our previous company and only wanted the knowledge we had about our plants. After they received all that information they let all of us hired go.
Pros
Cons
Long hours no day off
Same thing different company
Slave driver (Current Employee) –  West Memphis, ARSeptember 4, 2017
Average pay, load appt times are mostly made up. ( I ask at final delivery.) My assignments are almost always impossible to deliver on there made up appt time. The pre assignments are usually way before I deliver the load I am on. So, you don't have a rest break in between loads. Load planners ignore or don't look at your hours or next available time. ( very bad issue!) They are very greedy with home time. You can stay out 6 weeks and only get 4 days off. Also, every time you get within a couple days of your home time you get a load that puts you 500-1000 miles from home the day before to make sure you don't get extra time off. The last three times I came back from home time I waited until noon for a load. The trucks are very basic high mileage cascadias no Apu or power inverter. Fuel mileage is a factor for your quarterly bonus so forget that in the summer because of no apu. Well my only pro is my driver manager if he is available (usually not) the rest of them are ok or burnt out hate my job guys or blame you for the problem and not listen to a word you say hurry up and get to the next phone call. As usual the driver managers are always overwhelmed because they have to much workload. I gave them a chance but been a year of sameshit different day. Oh well they are all the same for the most part. We done let all these companies take over the industry. Now trucking is just another job where the man makes it all.
Always different
Driver (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTSeptember 1, 2017
Each assignment you get is different unless you are dedicated. You get to enjoy the scenery of the states. You do manage to learn something new everyday.
Dedicated Team Is best thing smokin
Driver (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARAugust 31, 2017
Pulled car parts from Memphis TN to Houston TX. Team driving so by the time you awake you are either at home or at the customer. I came through orientation with someone i knew from previous job and they let use do the team
Pros
Pay
Cons
Pass the house everydaycand cant really stop
gained my cdl here
Driver/Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHAugust 31, 2017
the only good thing I got from this company was my cdl it was horrible you were at there Mersey you didn't get enough runs to make any money then I had to find a new job 2 weeks before my year was up and had to pay cdl in full.
schnieder
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2017
I really enjoyed working with this company. Training was very detailed and the people are helpful and friendly. The loads were comfortable for me. It was just an awesome experience
High volume work place
Driver business leader(Fleet Manager) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2017
High volume work place dealing with drivers and customers. You will be busy as soon as you come in the office. You sometimes have to take work home. if you are not ready for a high pace enviromrent.
Pros
experience
Cons
workload
Commercial Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2017
I don't mind working, but I have a family and I am over the road. I don't think the sacrifice is really worth the pay. Its not the company cause I really don't have anything bad to say about the company just the profession itself.
Pros
Good miles, almost always has freight
Cons
Out for weeks, if you know what you are doing you could get free lunchs and or other stuff
Great people but too much time wasted on the road.
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 28, 2017
I worked long hours for 5-6 days, then had to do my resets on the road. If I'm not working I should be home. Managers were good about allowing time at home when requested.
Pros
Respect and integrity
Cons
Pay not worth the time away from home.
Comfortable and fun
Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 28, 2017
A great place to work. The people are smart, fun, and I've learned a lot. I have learned that work is definitely what you put in. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers.
This company
Class A CDL Team/Solo Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 28, 2017
I was just starting out with my trucking career and needed a place to start so i can advance in my career chose. I was a team driver and had a lot of fun seeing the different towns and i have learned a lot from my over the road driving.
Pros
nice learning position
Cons
not home for my kids
Terminals are nice
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 27, 2017
Alway going north then run local for a few days they also cut the map only 37 states , Give you loads that are late .very hard to get bouns with fuel MPH . I don-t like automatic trucks, they will not put APUs on their trucks
Pros
Terminals are nice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval