Schneider

Schneider Employee Reviews

Steady work!
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Skilled at driving!
Cons: none
During my tenure, my typical day consisted of driving short runs for deliveries in which time was consumed. I learned how important team playing can be within the organization when another employee drops the ball in their position, thus creates more problems for the driver. Hardest part of the job was ineffective communication to dispatch concerning driver/driver manager!
best place i ever worked
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 31, 2015
Pros: excellent dispatching, well structured company
Cons: i really do not have anything negative to say about them
they have great management. very professional. the dispatching was
all out of Green Bay and was excellent. also, their terminals were some of the best I have seen
pfft
Driver/Independent Contractor (Former Employee), West Memphis ArAugust 26, 2015
it was ok working for this company just make sure you have no accidents or you will be out the door so quick it will hit you in the tail
decent place to work
Verify the freight direct it to correct location (Current Employee), Elwood IlAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Three day work week
Cons: working every weekend
Nice place to work , the most enjoyable part of my day are my co- worker make the fly by. I learned a lot working in fast pace and be highly productive. What I like about management they consider workers opinion.
Driver Recruiting Department is a high energy fun department to work in!
Driver Recruiter (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 25, 2015
As a successful Driver Recruiter, one must have the ability to be flexible and accepting of constant change. This is a very fast paced work environment, with priorities being rearranged continuously. This is the type of workload that excel in. I work with numerous applicants on a daily basis. I must maintain a high level of organization to be successful. As a team, we are always striving to make the applicant experience a great one. This is achieved through continuous process improvement and always striving for a better way. The best part of my job is the ability to make a job offer on the spot. This is rewarding to know my hiring decisions are respected. The team of recruiters that I work with are very team focused and always willing to back one another up. We have great communication among our team, which also contributes to our ability to have a fun cohesive environment to work in.
Nice Equipment Well Maintained ..hardest part of the job was the winters..co workers were very helpful
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee), Sturtevant WIAugust 24, 2015
Pros: worked nites
Cons: winter driving
Liked the job had to part ways..my boss for the last 3 years was great. over all was a good experience...drove for a dedicated account..
It was a Good play to start a career but not so much advancement
Diesel Mechanic 1 (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 24, 2015
It was a good place just wasn't feeling challenge and didn't have much advancement opportunity. They also didn't treat there employees with the proper respect.
Dedicated Truck Driver
Truck Driver (Current Employee), TexasAugust 23, 2015
Good company with opportunities to expand your career. A very safety-oriented company, and they will help you in any way they can.
Best out of the large trucking companies
Truck Driver (Former Employee), West Memphis, ARAugust 20, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: may get you home a day late for hometime
Out of all the major trucking companies, I would probably rate Schneider as one of the best. Good pay, decent benefits, and they give you pretty good home time. Biggest thing people complain about is the home time, but I'd always give a full day of leighway and never had issues with it at that point. If they get you home a day late, they will tack on that day.

Probably some of the best training and training pay as well. Their starting pay when you start driving on your own is far superior to any of the other major companies as well. I started with them teaming and only had a few months experience under my belt, but was still very happy with how my pay was scaled, and they do give regular raises depending on experience.
kept me moving, pay could be better. health benefits aren't the greatest.
Driver Associate (Current Employee), Cowpens, SCAugust 18, 2015
dispatchers are all friendly. not a lot of sitting, they kept me moving. there are a lot of different opportunities within the company. pay could be better along with health insurance.
My typical day is on the road. Thats good because I enjoy it, but need more time with my family.
Operador de Transporte (Current Employee), 14405 Maquila Loop , Laredo, texasAugust 18, 2015
Pros: When there is mechanical damage assistance is fast.
Cons: I need more time with my family
It is a large company and have good co-workers. When there is mechanical damage assistance is fast and the working environment is good.
Over the road trucking company
Driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 16, 2015
Trucking company they train you to drive over the road. I drove in a team which I liked there was always someone to help. The money was good as long as you were given loads. Which as a team we had loads all the time.
Great Company
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Keep you rolling
Cons: home time, miles arent consistent
Its a good company to work for if youre starting out. The home time isnt anything special as they get you home 2 days late, and the miles are not consistent. One week will be good and the next not so good. They have good benefits.
Typical Work Day is driving 8hrs. Unloading By yourself, Co workers and administrative staff are friendly. The Hardest part off the job is Unloading
Dedicated Driver (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 13, 2015
overall Schneider National is a good company to work for. the pay scale is not that bad but there could be more improvement for as work load and pay compensation
The freedom of the open road
Truck Operator (Former Employee), Fontana,CAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Everyday is a wonderful journey
Cons: on the road sometimes out over 3 months
“I found a home when I found Schneider. I work with some good people here who have drivers’ interests at heart. And their motto of ‘Safety First and Always’ has resonated with me each and every day Schneider treats you like family.
They lie
Otr bulk driver (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Treat employees with respect and courtesy
Cons: Lieing, Equipment, Maintenance.
Im currently driving bulk otr out of Houston. When I signed on the recruiter told me average mileage weekly was 2200. Not even close. I stayed out 2 mths and average weekly is about 1700 maybe. The few times ive got 2000 miles a week is only because the work assignment I was on carried over into the next pay period. Layover pay is $65 for 24 hrs which isn't even minimum wage on a 10 hr work day and you do a lot of sitting. I can count how many times ive had a pre assignment before I finished my active. I did get a $7500 sign on bonus which was supposed to be payed out every 3 mths, quarterly. Ive – more... only been on a little over 3 mths and have received 2 payments. Could it be they know what theyre doing and are throwing money at me to keep me here because they know they lied about the miles? And could I keep all that money if I quit right now?

The equipment is horrible Ive picked up trailers that have had tires flat including one that was preloaded. One had 5 bad tires 4 were as bald as I am and previous drivers obviously let it go like it was for me to deal with. Suspension components corroded and cracked welds on truck and trailers could have been done better by blind man with down syndrome.

On the upside they treat employees well with respect and courtesy. They also have an apprenceticeship program for veterans. Pay was straight up just not the miles. Van OCs are nice bulk OCs aren't. They also quit giving hard directions with load assignments and have you go off of a location code for the navigation system which has got me in a jam more than once and am waiting for the day when I wont be able to get out. My grandmother even knows not to go off of gps.
Be careful , one hand says one thing the other gives you the reach around. – less
Over four years of experience in the modular Data Center Market. Highly proficient, versatile, productive estimator/designer. Good communication and p
Engineer, ITB LOB (Pre-Sales) (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 4, 2015
Pros: 401K match 6%, Good medical and dental insurance etc
As a Quoting Engineer will utilize technical knowledge to prepare quotation packages for Engineered To Order (ETO) projects with the guidance of a Quotation Manager. Interpreting customer requirements, match products to customer specifications/drawings and ensure that the quote is technically compatible and competitive by communicating with the Solution Architect to determine/clarify project requirements. Generate basic/conceptual designs with a 3D software tool and include Bill of Materials, Cost Calculations and Pricing. Hand-off a quotation package with comments on exceptions and built in value for use by the Solution Architect in customer presentations
Great corporate culture, middle managers are archaic
Recruiter (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 3, 2015
The company as a whole strives to include and incorporate all employees with the day to day business. Middle management however are HEAVILY entrenched in a time that has gone by ages ago.
Clean and good atmosphere for associate to associate communications
Receiving /Shipping- PE,RC,RC clamp certified (Current Employee), Elwood, ILAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Plenty of departments to advance to
Cons: No associate advocacy or liaison to aid in understanding and communication between managment
Too much inconsistency from what is said and what actually happens on the floor. The CPH is not a problem but the compensation for routine hold-ups that effect CPH that directly effect advancment.
absoutely no job security, terrible culture
Customer Service (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: no job security, cut throat environment
My job consisted of getting yelled at for 8 hours by customers for freight they were assured would be delivered but CLEARLY could not. Worked hard to be honest and make sure customers felt I did everything I could. Was advancing and then in one of their standard layoffs was let go for a reason that wasn't even factual, wasn't allowed to view the records when I asked. Would never recommend working for Schneider.
Headquarters