Schneider

Schneider Employee Reviews

A Job
Driver (Former Employee), Reserve, LAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Home Time
Cons: Slow Trucks
A typical day at work was unpredictable, I learned not to take everything as face value, You can not what take management says as their word and the co workers are not friendly the hardest part of the job is keeping your thoughts to yourself but he most enjoyable part was going home every two weeks.
Poor Management and Support
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Keasbey, NJMay 19, 2015
Pros: Free Breakfast or Lunch occasionally
Cons: No lunch breaks, no appreciation
Management makes poor decisions and is never grateful for hard working associates or taking the extra steps to making our customers happy. The co-workers were wonderful to work with. Management made the job even harder and unpleasant. There always seemed to be tension in the office with our direct manager.
On a scale of 1 to 10 I rate this company a 7
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Green Bay WIMay 19, 2015
Pros: Some pros of a large company
Cons: Health care too expensive!
Solid company with a reputation of great value via service and safety. Corporate head quarters in Green Bay WI is top heavy with senior management.
Good job for single who enjoys driving and meeting schedules.
Over the road driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMay 14, 2015
Pros: Good hours and miles / no touch freight
Cons: Sometimes waiting for freight
A typical day began before the sunrise and ended late in the afternoon. Before you began each trip you planned your route where you were going and the shortest way to get there. Each day you got up you already knew where you were going so there was no worry about what to do. You stayed in constant communication with your scheduler so that when a destination was reached, a new job was already scheduled for you .
Never having driven a tractor trailer before, I was trained at a facility in Charlotte and only sent out when I was ready to drive on my own. The skills imparted to me made me a safe, and conscientious driver.
My co-workers were always ready to give advice when asked and help the raw recruit feel part of the team.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the weather up north when the roads were trecherous.
The most enjoyable part was driving through 37 of the United States, most of which I had not visited before. There was always some beautiful sight to see, whether a bald eagle in flight (in Virginia) or driving across a tall bridge in Louisana. The handiwork of God is most remarkable in these United States!
It is for some people, no supervision
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMay 12, 2015
Pros: Traveled the country, your basically own boss
Cons: Always driving, now showers or bathrooms. never home
Drive 10 hr shift, deal with docks alot.

I am not an over the road trucker.

The dispatcher were understanding but firm, if you had a problem with delivery time or a load they were usually there to help

Teamed with my husband

the hardest part was that you never went home from the work. Cramped quarters and no bathroom (lol)

Seeing the country.
good training
Truck Driver Trainee (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2015
A lot of needed work in a short amount of time (less than 3 weeks). Was washed out on final driving evaluation. needed more help/practice
It was an ok start to trucking.
Professional Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Fontana, CaMay 7, 2015
Pros: Seeing the country, driving a rig, being your own boss to a degree and they have the best new hire training around.
Cons: A lot of sitting time, costly to be on the road, lousy attitudes from workers at the warehouses you deliver to.
Going out over the road taught me how lousy this life is. If you are single and don't have a big mortgage, it might be great for you. Trying to make enough money to support your family....that's tough! There was a lot of lousy loads and even worse excuses from dispatchers. Kiss their butts and be likable and you WILL get more out of them. I had friends there who had it worse than me, but they weren't too likable. I new how to talk to them and still had a rough time. Some weeks were great....others were BAD! Would I go back? Yes, but it's because I've heard worse stories from other trucking companies. They weren't BAD, but it wasn't fun. Cost a lot to be out there too! Food is expensive!
kept drivers running, But, were low on the pay scale
truck driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMay 5, 2015
Pros: education
Cons: Schneider did not pay as well as they could have
This company gave me the opportunity to learn a new career. They did keep drivers running. But Schneider was at the low end of the pay scale for truck drivers.
Schneider is a truck driving company
Over the Road Driver (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIMay 3, 2015
I would recommend another company before schneider. Schneider could care more about there employees. Schneider is good for getting your verifiable experience. This company does have good training.
management is poor and low quality of a healthy work environment
driver (Current Employee), CAApril 28, 2015
Pros: pay could be worse
Cons: Appalling management and overall work atmosphere
does not care for you as an employee. They sent me out with trucks that have many issues but wont take the time to address the problems. my manager and his higher up care little for our comfort and safely.
noobs, you can do better
driver (Former Employee), green bayApril 25, 2015
Pros: training
Cons: Beat up trucks, trailers, pay
Miles are zipcode, meaning if you have to go cross town to pu an mt, your not getting paid. Don't get paid for time in yard dropping off, paperwork, picking up trailer. Georgia Pacific account is a lot of Chicago. Learn to love it, or not. Just try to be there in the morning or you will hit Milwaukee and Chicago traffic.You will lose 2 and a half hours combined at .30 cpm. @ 5 mph and four wheelers dodging in front of you some might consider that a great job. Most of the trailers are junk. Trucks have no frig, inverter,microwave. Mine had all the 12 volt accessory plugs took out. governed @ 59 mph. Don"t get run over. It's all about the shareholders here.Try saving fuel when you have to mash the throttle for every little hill. They claim to be a top Payer. Do some research and you will find them to be at the bottom.
See below
Truck Driver (Current Employee), French Camp, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great schedule and laid-back atmosphere
Cons: All around pay package; $ for live loads/unloads, detention, etc.
Excellent training and instructors. When help is required, it takes a long time to get through to anyone, but once the phone is answered, the DBL's do all they can to help.
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILApril 20, 2015
Hardest part of this job is being away from home. Planned time off seemed to be a fight. The good things are management was great, benefits phenomenal and pay fair.
one of the best truck companies out there
Company driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIApril 17, 2015
Pros: training and pay
Cons: Home time
I only worked here for a few weeks due to home life but the time i worked was pretty good.

The training i recieved was top notch it was 3 weeks.
-1st week orientation and manuverbility and road training at their terminal,
-2nd week was road training with trainer that's either on the account or used to work on the account you applied for also in the area your going to drive.
- 3rd week back to terminal for classroom training and procedures then your done with training but you can ask for additional training if needed or by your choice.

I got to see alot of places in my short time with company it can be a great career with them just make sure you dont get a bad truck like i did that broke down a few times the warrenty had 3 month lefts and alot of miles on it but got it fixed and ran good after that detention and layover was fair put me in hotel when truck in shop they do have good trucks by the way and Home Time could be better but it is a business.

so keep on trucking Driver.
They were good about getting me home every weekend
Professional Driver (Former Employee), West Memphis, ARApril 14, 2015
Pros: Been doing e-logs for several years
Cons: Trying to find a trailer was an issue at times
Ran mostly regional work in the south. They got me home every weekend as promised. I got a new truck after being with them only about 6 months.
lease-op,loads taking of truck
driver. dry va (Former Employee), WIApril 14, 2015
as lease-op I book my loads,sch. would send a mes. on sat sys. that load was cancell. but load was reassign to a another truck. I call shippers load was not cancel .fisrt time I gross 120000. w/ prime I gross 190000.
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIApril 10, 2015
Pros: Friendly people
Cons: Hard getting hired there.
I really do like this company because everybody was working together everybody get what they had to do and it was funny. I moved around I never sat in one place doing multiple task and I thought it was fine it's also a room for advAncement. Although I was a temp I never got hired but I really did like the company
Fun atmoshere. clean free showers!
Dedicated Van Driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIApril 6, 2015
Pros: New equipment. Plenty of freight
Cons: Pay and limited home time
Schneider gave me my opportunity to drive big trucks. I owe a lot to them. I can only say good things about "The Pumpkin". They believed in me. When they had a training academy in Dallas, I attended and had a great time. Schneider has since discontinued producing drivers for the industry. If you want to go where you have the opportunity to really learn truck driving, Schneider is the place to go. Van, tanker and pneumatic. We all have to start somewhere. Schneider will provide you with all of the necessary tools and skills to be successful. They have plenty of Operating Centers for you convenience. I would recommend Schneider for any new driver.
Truck driver, drove OTR safely. Drove 90,000 miles OTR
Truck driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Customers
Cons: No time at home
Truck driver, drove OTR safely. Drove 90,000 miles OTR. Daily DVI, Inspections daily. Pick up freight and delivered to customers and drop and hook loads throughout US covered all states. Communication with dispatch thru QUALCOMM. Follow DOT regulations at all times
Excellent Company to work for.
CDL Class A professional truck driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 31, 2015
I liked working for Schneider National. I think that Schneider is a World Class Top Notch truck driving company that cares about Safety and the well being of its drivers and all of its employees and stakeholders. I left because of personal reasons, Not because of any wrong doing of the Schneider Company. If I could go back, I would like to get hired on with the Flat bed Division. I do not mind getting off of the truck and working hard in any type of weather.

p.s. And Best of All, I liked working with the All of the People of the Schneider Company. I met a lot of real good friends and they have continued to be my friend till this day

Hopes this helps, Robert

1 2 3 4 5

About Schneider

Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in – Read more

Schneider Salaries