Schneider

Schneider Employee Reviews

test
OTR Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIJune 30, 2015
Too many computers and control in the trucks. Too much saving money at the expense of the driver. But people are great to work with,
N/A
Company Driver (Former Employee), Green Bay WisconsonJune 28, 2015
They aren't that bad, they could be better though. I quit so I could be home more, being a truck driver is tough. Just keep in contact with your DBL and everything will be fine.
good place for O/O
Owner operator (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJune 25, 2015
Pros: Do what you do
Cons: strict on DOT compliance
The "choice" program allowed an owner/operator to run his/her company as they wanted to as long as you adhere to DOT regulations. no charge for trailers and no charge for qualcom
really not much need to talk to business leader do to the fact that you dispatch yourself via your lap top computer
Fast Paced, Stressful, Demanding, Customer Driven workplace. The company has some of the greatest most caring people you'll ever meet!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJune 25, 2015
Pros: Cafe, gym, ATM, store, mail and print services on site, Competitive Pay, Amazing co-workers, random food days, company picnics, customer service appreciation days
Cons: Poor management - many not consistent across the floor, favortism, feeling guilty for taking a break or a lunch, very stressful and demanding job
I worked for this company for almost 15 years. After being let go (by a manager on a power trip), I realised it was a blessing in disquise. I was being drained on a daily basis, of any and all energies I had. And it was because of this fast paced, demanding job, and what the position had become. When I first started, desks were evenly distributed with work assignments and the daily work was manageable. – more... However, over the years, management was feeling pressure for their teams to do more with less. That meant workers had to take on more and more, but rarely given extra time to do the extra work. Once in awhile overtime was approved, many times it was not and you would get talked to or have to explain why you didn't get al of your work done. Vacation time became more difficult to get a random day off here and there at the last minute. There was never enough coverage across the floor for more than a couple people (from various teams) to be off at once. One year they even threw seniority out the window and newer associates were allowed to pick peak times off vs those that had worked for years and deserved to choose first. Some were allowed to make up time by working from home, while others had to use flex/vacation time. Lots of favortism. If it weren't for the time and dedication I put in to earn my high salary, and vacation time, as well as amazing customers and co-woekers, I would have quit 3-5 years prior. When you're in a position that long, it's hard to imagine the grass could be greener on the other side. But it is!!! With the fast paced, high demands of this job, sitting all day, and feeling guilty for going to the bathroom or taking a lunch break, or even a quick water break, it's a surprise workers aren't falling over at their desks!!! God and Don must be keeping watch over them!!
I do have some fond memories of my time there and maintain friendships with many of the amazing people that I worked with and am proud to call my Schneider family.
However, if given the chance, I would never go back. – less
I still drive would put my driver number just know I'm trying to be a ic
driver (Current Employee), West Memphis, ARJune 24, 2015
Pros: lots most teams average and 700 a week
Cons: they are in control of your pay if they only give you short runs you'll see it in your pay
Ok but they give you 5000 mules one week then 2500 the next as a time and live unloads and loads but ok company. Look at your check once you 90 day it's a thing that they take out 2cent in 90 days I list over 900 bucks stick with it and try to go te or ic
Love the environment that I worked in.
Verifier (Former Employee), Pooler, GAJune 24, 2015
I received and shipped freight from merchants to companies all over the city. It was a very active job, which kept me moving at all times. The management team was great and thorough. I loved my co-workers, we maintained a fun and professional atmosphere. The hardest part was the climate controlled warehouse. The most enjoyable part was being able to meet new people, working independently, and enjoying the people I worked with.
OK enviornment, very fast paced.
General Mechanic (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 19, 2015
performed PM and maintenance procedures on Class 8 trucks and trailers, have experience operating class 8 equipment.
Line Level
Support Shift Operations (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJune 19, 2015
Pros: 8 hours + overtime
Room for advancement
Training is on-going
Set schedule with room for overtime if needed
8 hours of work with lunch break
It's a good place to gain transportation experience.
Driver Business Leader (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 13, 2015
Pros: A supportive management staff, There are vast opportunites within the company if you live in Green Bay, WI which is headquarters
Cons: Limited opportunites in other states unless you are willing to relocate, Compensation compared to other transportation companies is below average
A good company to gain transportation experience either as a driver or an office employee. There are vast opportunites within the company if you live in Green
Excellent for the job
Driver (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 12, 2015
Pros: Great pay/ benefits
Cons: Isolation, very little time at home (expected), sedentary
The pay and benefits are competitive. The company as a whole is fair and easy to work with. The job itself isn't all that bad for what I do. It has it's downsides of course. The first being isolation. I know some people prefer it but I do not. The second being advancement. There really isn't anything else to move to. That made it a job for me, rather than a career. Lastly, I detest the physical inactivity. Even with a desk-job, you can get up and walk around for lunch breaks, and you will still find yourself at home each day. With that sort of work, my physical activity would be my problem. I can choose to work out or engage in sports, etc.
Good overall company to work for they do many things right.
Driver Support Representative (Current Employee), Green Bay, WisconsinJune 11, 2015
Pros: Many departments in which an employee can apply for. Cafiteria for 1st shift. Good Benefits, Community orientated.
Cons: Cafiteria for 1st shift. Company runs around the clock people get hungry
Good overall company that does many things right, like the Community programs and charities they support. A typical day brings many different challenges from resolving a multitude of different problems drivers face on a daily basis. This enriches a persons ability to diversify and grow as almost all of the issues that drivers face affects the customer is some way.

Management does a good job – more... in resolving issues above the ability of the departments employees. They continually strive to use these times as training opportunities, thereby growing their employees abilities. This leads to a positive working environment as every employee that I have interacted with has been extremely helpful in explaining topics of the industry in which I was not familiar.

This leads to the enjoyment of the position, When you are able to relieve the stress from a driver by quickly resolving the issue that has delayed him is extremely satisfying. There are always new challenges facing drivers and helping them is very rewarding.

The hardest part of the job is the shift work, being on straight 2nd shift for 18 months has proven to stressful to my family life, a change is needed. – less
Lots of work and great benifits
A Company Driver (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHJune 10, 2015
Pros: lots of work, and lots of pay
Cons: no time to spend the money you make
Lots of driving with very little time to be at home. the benifits are super great

you get legal aid
full medical dental and vision with little to nothing out of pocket
great place to start driving trucks
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 8, 2015
Pros: great learning eviermont and great people to learn from
Cons: low pay
If you are just starting to drive truck its a great place to learn the basic in driving truck. they will teach you how to use any thing you need to do your job as a truck driver
Easy going work atmosphere. Friendly management.
Dedicated Commercial Driver (Current Employee), Ridgefield, WAJune 7, 2015
Pros: Good work atomosphere
Cons: Dollar Tree accounts are unsafe for drivers to unload.
Good company to work for and laid back management. Willing to help drivers whenever possible. Downside in the account that the drivers haul for. Freight is not safe for drivers to down stack to the rollers for off loading. A lot of turnover and injuries on Dollar Tree account.
Horrible place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), idahoJune 7, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
They give poor information on customers. You will run right up to the last minute on your hours. They preach drivers are important but they don't show it. The DBL's are good the training on the Qualcomm is a joke.
"The Schneider Way" will brainwash you
Driver/Dedicated & OTR(2004) (Former Employee), Balto.Md/Carlisle,Pa/June 1, 2015
Pros: THEY WIIL NEVER BE "SAFETY FIRST & ALWAYS"
Cons: THE LIES THEY FEED U TO KEEP U-"SCHNEIDER HAPPY"
With over 20+ yrs. in the industry I fell victim to the "Schneider Way"--to believe that this Co. actually had employees that were not robots to kiss and tell to keep their jobs!!HAHA--The training is a joke(3day,5day,or3wk)???For what! To be subject to less pay and respect for exp.?Trust Me--Keep it moving to anywhere else that honors exp.,knowledge and trust..Keeping employees is not about how many butts u kiss to keep ur job...
over the road 48 states gone 5-7 weeks
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMay 31, 2015
Pros: own your own company
Cons: being away from my family for 5-7 weeks
this is a good company for those that do not have a family. the ability to book your own freight dispatch yourself anywhere in the country. If you like being on the road 5-7 weeks with sporadic home time then this is a place for you...... it was not for me
a good place to start out
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMay 30, 2015
Pros: good dispactors
Cons: pay
preform a pretrip in the morning and start driveing drive for a couble hours and stop for breakfast and so on. learned to keep a clean driving record. they have a good management. hardest part of job is dealing with traffic.
Good company that cares about safety.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 24, 2015
I like Schneider because they gave me shot at driving when I had little experience. I like that I got the opportunity to start as a dedicated driver with home daily time.

Good company that cares about safety but I do with our trucks could at least do 65 mph. 60 is a little slow when you have deadlines to keep.
A Job
Driver (Former Employee), Reserve, LAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Home Time
Cons: Slow Trucks
A typical day at work was unpredictable, I learned not to take everything as face value, You can not what take management says as their word and the co workers are not friendly the hardest part of the job is keeping your thoughts to yourself but he most enjoyable part was going home every two weeks.

1 2 3 4 5

About Schneider

Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in – Read more

Schneider Salaries