Schnieder National Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2017
i love this job but had no room to advance in my career learned so much here great co workers and hours kind of long and benefits are amazing best i have ever had
Loved this company
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 15, 2017
Wish I still worked there. You could almost set your own schedule (depending on freight), just had to clear your intentions with your DBL (Driver Business Leader, A.K.A. dispatcher, though they do more than that) I worked out of the Gary Terminal, Staff there where awesome. Would probably still be there had I not screwed up in a big way, but that ship has sailed. Have recommended them to those I have met that where interested in trucking.
Safety is number one
Truck Driver (CDL) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30316May 25, 2017
Wasn't satisfied with the pay but they are serious about safety. Good to work for especially if you are very organized. Just wasn't a company for me personally.
Pros
Safety
Cons
Aggrivation
Overall Nice Company
Professional Truck Driver(OTR) (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARApril 14, 2017
Great company to work for, Well treated, Company is very safety compliant, Safe environment to work in. They have great equipment, state of the art trucks. Maintenance crew is amazing, They fix the equipment in a timely manner.
Pros
Great on driver appreciation day
Cons
Call times are a little timely.
awesome if you want to be away
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, AR 72301April 10, 2017
not really a great place to work at, the training is only 3 weeks long and I think it should be longer, most truck companies have longer training periods, and if you like to be away from family this is the place to be.
Productive, High Energy,
driver/loader/unloader (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 12, 2017
-arrive at store, meet with manager and start unloading trailer at multiple stores.
-I learned that time management is always important
-hardest part of this is waiting on the loads to be ready
- the part of this job that I love is unloading the trailers
Pros
keeps driver fit, there is always work, get pay
Not a bad experiance
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 13, 2016
I did not have to much to say about this employer the only reason I left the company was because my father in law fell very ill and was in the hospital and my wife needed help with our children while she cared for her father.
Pros
i was driving, the Pay
Cons
nothing that i can think of
Great company that values their drivers
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2016
The best thing About the company is that they take safety very seriously. So if you're driving in extreme weather and such, and you feel you cannot progress due to the situation at hand, they'll respect your decision to put the load on hold rather than risk your life and property.

My only issue was the fact I wasn't getting paid what I was promised.
A productive place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Seville, OhioSeptember 14, 2015
Fun and adventuress
Learned how to drive around the country.
Worked well with employees
Worked well with co-workers
Pre tripping the truck.
Exploring America, and cultures around the country
Pros
Great insurance, vacation time.
Cons
N/a
On e of the best companies out there.
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARAugust 1, 2015
Great at aiding and managing drivers. Very helpful and respectful DBLs. Willing to help with any need of their drivers.
Teamwork
Dedicated Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 19, 2014
Typical night was basically making sure deliveries were made. Since I've done this type of work before, there was not a lot that I learned from it. Management is laid back and trusting. I worked alone most nights, but the job was easy enough for one person. the feeling of accomplishment after a long night of work was very enjoyable.
Trainer/Manager/Dispatcher of Commercial Truck Drivers
Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHAugust 8, 2014
Honest work, but difficult from many subordinates unable to cope with long times away from home and family. High turn over environment. Work was not always steady for employees to maintain standard paycheck.
Pros
Company Culture, Respect of employees
Cons
Slow advancement, high turnover
driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 11, 2013
very fun job. traveled a lot and great school to learn about the safe ways of truck driving.
was not too happy
driver (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PASeptember 10, 2013
there was alot of sitting waiting for loads. It took sometimes a day between loads.
Pros
excellent equipment
Cons
not enough money
good job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2013
good company to work for, equipment was in good condition. Managers were well trained and good at their duties. Hardest part of the job was poor home time. Enjoyed the routes.
Pros
good equipment management and pay
Cons
poor home time
Never short on work
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 12, 2013
Pick up a loaded trailer, deliver load to a store, unload trailer, return trailer to get loaded. The management was great they would sit and listen to any grief or praise. always on top of what needed to be done before it was a problem, like renewing med card license or any training. Unloading a trailer in the hottest part of the summer was the most difficult part of the job.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Gone from home to much
Top fish in a large pond
Driver in Training (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 9, 2013
I really can't say much about Schneider. My short time there was a good one. I feel overall they are a good company; but the job they offered me didn't fit my needs back home. Perhaps if a more local offer came to pass, I wouldn't mind going back and seeing what became of it.
Pros
Great training and friendly atmosphere
Cons
Limited home time; but hey thats trucking
need trailers
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 25, 2013
good company saftey wise logistics needs work. the system (computer) would be great if it worked like it is supposed to.
Pros
saftey oriented
Cons
comunication break down
Good place for ex-military or ex-cops to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  All over the USApril 11, 2013
Very militant atmosphere, very strict with all the rules. You CAN'T idle your truck unless temp is below 32 or over 99 (terminated if you do). Trucks are well maintained, but very slow (60mph max), very old, and a lot of "old age" problems. Trailers are trash, rusted out, tandem don't slide, holes all over, P&G rejects 2 out of 3 for loading, and empties are very short supplied/hard to find. "Company" driver pay is not great, a bit on the lower side of the industry, but it is consistent.

Almost always drop-and-hook, very rare to have to wait to be loaded. They are very good at scheduling continuous loads, you almost never have to wait on your next load, it's usually waiting on you. They are very good at getting you home when you want or need to be there, you usually run about 12 days, then get 2 days at home. One of the best company terminal networks in the business, so you don't have to use a lot of truck stops for sleep periods, showers, or fueling. Very secure. Excellent cafeterias with good food, low cost, and well balanced meals available.

Owner/Op pay and benefits are also some of the best in the business. Same great loads and dispatching that the company drivers get. Higher pay rates, lower maint costs, dependable paycheck every week (no surprises, except that it may be bigger than you expect). Incredible fuel discounts negotiated at Pilot truck stops (and a few others). No out of pocket, company pays for fuel, maintenance, and repairs, you repay them at settlement time.
Pros
best place for ex-military to find work.
Cons
militant atmosphere, old equipment.
a good place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INFebruary 19, 2013
I learned how to drive a 10 speed
otr truck driver had a good time working