Schnieder National Employee Reviews

Not a bad experiance
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 13, 2016
I did not have to much to say about this employer the only reason I left the company was because my father in law fell very ill and was in the hospital and my wife needed help with our children while she cared for her father.
Pros
i was driving, the Pay
Cons
nothing that i can think of
Never short on work
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 12, 2013
Pick up a loaded trailer, deliver load to a store, unload trailer, return trailer to get loaded. The management was great they would sit and listen to any grief or praise. always on top of what needed to be done before it was a problem, like renewing med card license or any training. Unloading a trailer in the hottest part of the summer was the most difficult part of the job.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Gone from home to much
Great company that values their drivers
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2016
The best thing About the company is that they take safety very seriously. So if you're driving in extreme weather and such, and you feel you cannot progress due to the situation at hand, they'll respect your decision to put the load on hold rather than risk your life and property.

My only issue was the fact I wasn't getting paid what I was promised.
Trainer/Manager/Dispatcher of Commercial Truck Drivers
Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHAugust 8, 2014
Honest work, but difficult from many subordinates unable to cope with long times away from home and family. High turn over environment. Work was not always steady for employees to maintain standard paycheck.
Pros
Company Culture, Respect of employees
Cons
Slow advancement, high turnover
Review
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 7, 2012
A common day a work for me was usually fast paced from start to end. What i took from this job is to work hard an be honest. My management was always in eyesight to assist with any issues that may occur. The hardest part of the job was to deal with the outside elements. Overall i enjoyed the jobs task.
A productive place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Seville, OhioSeptember 14, 2015
Fun and adventuress
Learned how to drive around the country.
Worked well with employees
Worked well with co-workers
Pre tripping the truck.
Exploring America, and cultures around the country
Pros
Great insurance, vacation time.
Cons
N/A
very busy, great trucks
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  WIJanuary 22, 2013
Driving 11 hrs. A day with a team driver from one city to the next , delivering products. Great learning experience in and out of the truck. Dealing with the customers and seeing the east coast was enjoyable. Didn't much care for the computer system they had in the truck though, thought it was very annoying, couldn't get a hold of the right people in management a lot of times , when there would be problems..
Pros
got to see a lot of the country.
Cons
was supposed to be coast to coast, but was kept on the east coast.
Teamwork
Dedicated Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 19, 2014
Typical night was basically making sure deliveries were made. Since I've done this type of work before, there was not a lot that I learned from it. Management is laid back and trusting. I worked alone most nights, but the job was easy enough for one person. the feeling of accomplishment after a long night of work was very enjoyable.
good job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2013
good company to work for, equipment was in good condition. Managers were well trained and good at their duties. Hardest part of the job was poor home time. Enjoyed the routes.
Pros
good equipment management and pay
Cons
poor home time
Good place for ex-military or ex-cops to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  All over the USApril 11, 2013
Very militant atmosphere, very strict with all the rules. You CAN'T idle your truck unless temp is below 32 or over 99 (terminated if you do). Trucks are well maintained, but very slow (60mph max), very old, and a lot of "old age" problems. Trailers are trash, rusted out, tandem don't slide, holes all over, P&G rejects 2 out of 3 for loading, and empties are very short supplied/hard to find. "Company" driver pay is not great, a bit on the lower side of the industry, but it is consistent.

Almost always drop-and-hook, very rare to have to wait to be loaded. They are very good at scheduling continuous loads, you almost never have to wait on your next load, it's usually waiting on you. They are very good at getting you home when you want or need to be there, you usually run about 12 days, then get 2 days at home. One of the best company terminal networks in the business, so you don't have to use a lot of truck stops for sleep periods, showers, or fueling. Very secure. Excellent cafeterias with good food, low cost, and well balanced meals available.

Owner/Op pay and benefits are also some of the best in the business. Same great loads and dispatching that the company drivers get. Higher pay rates, lower maint costs, dependable paycheck every week (no surprises, except that it may be bigger than you expect). Incredible fuel discounts negotiated at Pilot truck stops (and a few others). No out of pocket, company pays for fuel, maintenance, and repairs, you repay them at settlement time.
Pros
best place for ex-military to find work.
Cons
militant atmosphere, old equipment.
Top fish in a large pond
Driver in Training (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 9, 2013
I really can't say much about Schneider. My short time there was a good one. I feel overall they are a good company; but the job they offered me didn't fit my needs back home. Perhaps if a more local offer came to pass, I wouldn't mind going back and seeing what became of it.
Pros
Great training and friendly atmosphere
Cons
Limited home time; but hey thats trucking
On e of the best companies out there.
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARAugust 1, 2015
Great at aiding and managing drivers. Very helpful and respectful DBLs. Willing to help with any need of their drivers.
need trailers
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 25, 2013
good company saftey wise logistics needs work. the system (computer) would be great if it worked like it is supposed to.
Pros
saftey oriented
Cons
comunication break down
tanker drive
Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Keasbey, NJSeptember 25, 2012
good place to learn, but not a good place to make money. to much time sitting around waiting.
Pros
good place to learn/ start
Cons
no money and alot of time waiting for a load
was not too happy
driver (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PASeptember 10, 2013
there was alot of sitting waiting for loads. It took sometimes a day between loads.
Pros
excellent equipment
Cons
not enough money
a good place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INFebruary 19, 2013
I learned how to drive a 10 speed
otr truck driver had a good time working
driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 11, 2013
very fun job. traveled a lot and great school to learn about the safe ways of truck driving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schnieder National. Our community is ready to answer.