Schnuck Markets, Inc. Employee Reviews

Loved it
Checker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  High Ridge, MOFebruary 13, 2018
while i was there i worked with an amazing team who treated me with respect and i still absolutely love my team there the only reason i left was hours i couldn't afford rent and be able to have a social life after and i was moving in with boyfriend who lived in another town
Pros
discount
Cons
only on there brand and few others
Bad company to work for
Salad Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 29, 2018
Poor management and lack of hours. Hours are based on how much product your department sells. Would not recommend this job to my very worst enemy. Not worth it.
Pros
two 15 minute breaks and a discount card after 30 days
Cons
No lunches and poor management
best place I've worked for
Bagger/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Godfrey, ILDecember 31, 2017
I loved and enjoyed working for Schnucks. They are very friendly and easy to work with. They work very easily around your school and if you have a second job schedule. This was the best company I have worked for. They take care of any issues with employees almost immediately depending on the severity of the issue. Management is very encouraging.
Pros
wonderful management, amazing teammates, friendly
Third party taking over business
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MODecember 9, 2017
Company only interested in cutting payroll dollars. Third generation family pulling out of business only maintaining real estate holdings. Little or no concern for long term associates.
fun enviroment to work
Assistant Manager (Seafood Dept.) (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILSeptember 21, 2017
I enjoyed working for Schnucks. They are very nice company to work for. decent pay but hours were hard to get at the time. easy going atmosphere and good managers.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
not many hours
good job
loader/receiver -check in merchadise (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working for Schnucks over all. It is a great company to work for with opportunity for advancement. The starting pay is a bit low but the work is not too hard.
Ok job poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 21, 2017
It's a fair company to work for a lot of the management is not easy to work for they are very mean ruthless and cruel show favorite to certain people who likes to kiss managementbutm'm not a person that's not going to sell my soul to the devil
Not a good place to work
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 19, 2017
Working here was enjoyable at first, and everyone seemed like family. After being there for a little, I realized that not many people actually like being there, the pay isn't what it should be, and other than an employee discount, real benefits don't start for about nine months. Management is terrible. They seem slow and don't really care about their employees very much. They will also reduce your pay after a while without notifying you and switch your job without making sure it's okay.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Employees and managers don't like each other
The pay is terrible for the work they have you do.
Chefs Express (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOJune 23, 2017
You are over worked under paid. Great people to work around but management could be better. I didn't learn much I pretty much knew how to deep fry food already.
Good for a Part Time Job
Courtsey Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJune 23, 2017
Everyone in the management is great. Definitely good for a part time job for high school students or working your way through college. Very flexible with their schedules, almost always get a day off if you need it.
Very good entry-level job
Front Line (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 21, 2017
This job gave me everything I needed as a 16 year-old who was trying to enter the workforce. Although customers can sometimes be rude, the management made up for it by valuing the health and opinions of their employees.
Exciting fast paced envorinment,
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJune 7, 2017
Typical work day would include, Reliving the morning bookkeeper to be the closing bookkeeper. Running the front end, making sure the checkers have the right round of change, picking up excess money answering telephones, paying bills settling the drawers and safe, fixing any cash debit check problem, and refunds.
Pros
Learning skills, money handling and team leading.
Cons
High turn over rate.
Not the best
Bakery Assitant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJune 6, 2017
- I learned how to decorate
- I was shown how to order and keep track of pitch and stales
- what I enjoyed most was decorating cake orders for customers
Stressful and quick paced
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILApril 19, 2017
The work environment wasn't very healthy. There were many gossip issues and relationship problems that the department manager didn't discourage. In fact she encouraged and reinforced it by participating in it. It felt a lot like high school all over again. When I would ask for a day off, for my sisters birthday for example, my manager would say that it was fine and then the day before my day off she would ask if I could cover for her or someone else and would get mad if I said no.
Pros
Work Hours
Cons
Short breaks, Gossip, Stressful
Schnucks Markets
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOApril 6, 2017
Schnucks Markets Was a Great Job , The only problems I faced was advancement and pay rate. I started as a produce clerk than bagger, checker , salad bar and cashier. After working there for 3 years my pay rate went from 7.35 to 7.95
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Little to no adavancement
Fun workplace.
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 5, 2017
I would stock shelves and bag groceries for costumers. Sometimes I would be asked to be a cashier when it got busy to where we needed extra people at the front of the store.
Bagger/Cart Pusher (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILFebruary 27, 2017
This job allows a fun management, through employment as well as meeting new people learning a vast knowledge of food. The co-workers their are friendly as well.
Pros
10% Discount on Schnuck brands
Productive and very education
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2017
Productive and very education I learn something new everyday . The hardest part of my job is don't have enough help and the best part is helping the customer get there medicine
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Sometimes u work without breaks
Fun and busy workplace
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOJanuary 29, 2017
Great place to work! Management was friendly and helpful and training is very thorough. Pay is okay at beginning, with raises sprinkled throughout. Willing to work with your schedule and always able to clock off on time.
Pros
Good break system, weekly paychecks, friendly staff
Cons
Short breaks, must stand the whole time
The friendliest stores in town
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 26, 2017
Great job for college and high school students. Perfect place to make an impact in the community. Wonderful part time job if you are looking for additional employment. I always enjoy my work days good and bad that's what makes us a company. I like to see the smile on the customers faces the fact that the see me going up and beyond my job description just for them. When they see you drop everything you were doing and give them your undivided attention that is the moment you go from good to great
Pros
401k, retirement
Cons
Health care