Schnuck Markets, Inc. Employee Reviews

Schnucks Markets
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOApril 6, 2017
Schnucks Markets Was a Great Job , The only problems I faced was advancement and pay rate. I started as a produce clerk than bagger, checker , salad bar and cashier. After working there for 3 years my pay rate went from 7.35 to 7.95
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Little to no adavancement
Fun workplace.
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 5, 2017
I would stock shelves and bag groceries for costumers. Sometimes I would be asked to be a cashier when it got busy to where we needed extra people at the front of the store.
Bagger/Cart Pusher (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILFebruary 27, 2017
This job allows a fun management, through employment as well as meeting new people learning a vast knowledge of food. The co-workers their are friendly as well.
Pros
10% Discount on Schnuck brands
Productive and very education
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2017
Productive and very education I learn something new everyday . The hardest part of my job is don't have enough help and the best part is helping the customer get there medicine
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Sometimes u work without breaks
Fun and busy workplace
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOJanuary 29, 2017
Great place to work! Management was friendly and helpful and training is very thorough. Pay is okay at beginning, with raises sprinkled throughout. Willing to work with your schedule and always able to clock off on time.
Pros
Good break system, weekly paychecks, friendly staff
Cons
Short breaks, must stand the whole time
The friendliest stores in town
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 26, 2017
Great job for college and high school students. Perfect place to make an impact in the community. Wonderful part time job if you are looking for additional employment. I always enjoy my work days good and bad that's what makes us a company. I like to see the smile on the customers faces the fact that the see me going up and beyond my job description just for them. When they see you drop everything you were doing and give them your undivided attention that is the moment you go from good to great
Pros
401k, retirement
Cons
Health care
Rewarding
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoyed my time meeting new people and meeting the regular customers. Co-workers are the best of the business. Fun to Work There.
Pros
Fun, Hard, Rewarding
Cons
Only a Few...
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 9, 2017
it had been over 15 years since ive been there. But it was a good place to work. I did everything from being a bagger to checker, to office cashier.
it was simple.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJanuary 2, 2017
LACK OF HRS.. all hrs are based on seniority so you cannot get a good amout of hour and even if you can find someone that will give you there hrs that is also seniority based so that override the employee request. besides this the job was good and simple but the pay was small also
Pros
simple, discounts
Cons
Seniority, pay, scheduling
Nice Company
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 28, 2016
Its fun to deal with different customers
Interacting with people
Great Environment
Management is Easy to Deal With
Ringing Items & Bagging Items

Want to know more about Schnuck Markets, Inc.?

Ask a question
I liked it ,it was a fast pace ,thing to do..
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 14, 2016
I was just starting out,when I first work for Schnucks..It keep me on my feet...I loved the pay rate,got paid every week..I meet a lot ppl,,and I loved working on the Holidays..
a good company to work for
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 7, 2016
good company to work for but there was never ft employment in retail.i enjoyed training new employees and help opening new stores
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
no ft employment or insurance offered
checking out customers
Checker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ladue, MOOctober 21, 2016
It used to be a really fun place to work. But new management drove a lot of people to other stores. After a lot of people left the store went downhill.
Cons
No appreciation for your performance
Horrible employee layout and no benefits
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOOctober 8, 2016
I started working for schnucks warehouse as a casual employee making $13.10 in 2008. I am still a casual employee as of 2016 and make $13.95. D

Schnucks does not hire casuals anymore to be a regular employee. You are forced to join a union which is 688 and they will do nothing but take your money every month.

As a warehouse casual i was limited to only 40 hours a week and given no chance to work overtime days to make more money.

Recently we are being layed off, the union doesnt care and schnucks offered a severance of 3 weeks pay if you worked there for over 2 years. The severance is being taxed as a "bonus" so taxes will take most of it. It was only given to people who been there for 2 years or more with no active dicipline. Which means if you take off more than 3 times within 9 months, you are wrote up. No matter what. So its strict. This place sucks, and the schnucks brothers are going to he** for making billions of dollars and giving the employees pennies.
Pros
A job to pay half your bills
Cons
No pay increase, no paid vacation, no sick hours, bad hours
Fun workplace
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 6, 2016
I loved my co-workers at Schnucks! I learned to work in many different areas of the store which I appreciated. This helped the company especially because I was able to move around to wherever I was needed.
great place to work but money and hours suck
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 24, 2016
A typical day at Schnucks is getting everything done and trying to have a great night. Working with costumers was the most enjoyable part of my job. Fighting for hours was not.
Pros
insurance is amazing
Cons
dues
Not a place for a career
Maintenance/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILApril 3, 2016
A typical workday is cleaning up the store. I was maintenance and just recently quit. The reasoning is because the managers think that you don't do more than what they see. The co-workers were wanting to leave as well but couldn't because they didn't have any other income. The hiring process is a joke. If you are not part of someone's family you do not go anywhere in the company or don't get hired. There is a reason why they call it the family store. Because someone is related to someone in the company. I learned that no matter how hard you work there you will no get any recognition unless you are close to the managers. You work your til off at Schnuck's for very little pay and you are lucky if you can afford to live on your own. Manager's do not seem to care about the employees. Just all in all a bad place to work.
Great Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMarch 2, 2016
Management was very understanding and easy to work with.
I loved working early mornings and knowing the repeat customers and them knowing me.
Very productive
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 1, 2015
The simplest thing i did was bag customers groceries & keep a smile on face. That honestly was the best part, just conversing w different customers everyday.
Pros
The Customers
Cons
N/a
Co-Workers are great for the most part
Point of Sale Specialist/Investigator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 28, 2015
There is a lot to do in this department but, you better be ready to give up a lot of time. You learn a lot but, it depends on who your manager is.
Pros
Awesome lunch, great co-workers, cool perks (Cardinals games, gift baskets, etc...)
Cons
No real breaks, nosy sometimes ignorant co-workers, favortisim

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schnuck Markets, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9