Schnuck Markets, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Not a place for a career
Maintenance/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILApril 3, 2016
A typical workday is cleaning up the store. I was maintenance and just recently quit. The reasoning is because the managers think that you don't do more than what they see. The co-workers were wanting to leave as well but couldn't because they didn't have any other income. The hiring process is a joke. If you are not part of someone's family you do not go anywhere in the company or don't get hired. There is a reason why they call it the family store. Because someone is related to someone in the company. I learned that no matter how hard you work there you will no get any recognition unless you are close to the managers. You work your til off at Schnuck's for very little pay and you are lucky if you can afford to live on your own. Manager's do not seem to care about the employees. Just all in all a bad place to work.
Great Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMarch 2, 2016
Management was very understanding and easy to work with.
I loved working early mornings and knowing the repeat customers and them knowing me.
Very productive
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 1, 2015
The simplest thing i did was bag customers groceries & keep a smile on face. That honestly was the best part, just conversing w different customers everyday.
Pros
The Customers
Cons
N/a
being a bagger is a great experience because you meet some very enjoyable people who really care about the service you provide for them.
Bagger/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 1, 2015
a typical day begins with making the front-end area, parking lot and carts ready for customers, and be well-groomed and in proper uniform including a name badge. to help you gain the skills and experience necessary to be a successful bagger, your actual training will be "on the job" where you will be able to observe and learn from more experienced co-workers. management is always ready to help or assist should you need them, and co-workers are willing to assist also because it helps everyone have a good day. not being able to satisfy each and every customer is a challenge. at the end of shift I can feel at lease knowing that I gave my all to each customer.
Could be better
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  saint louisAugust 20, 2015
Grocery stockers should be paid more than minimum. Also seniority is stupid. People are good. I think wail Mart is a much better job.