SCHNUCKS MARKET Employee Reviews

Productive place to work kept me busy
bagger (Former Employee) –  Ferguson, MOSeptember 22, 2015
I would start my day corralling carts , I had to check the cart list to see what times were my times . I would also bag groceries and help patrons to their with their items . I learned that paying dues is expensive when you only make minimum wage . My co workers were younger than me so I jus went to work and did my job. The hardest part of the job was the low pay and the short hours. The most enjoyable part of the jobs was . I enjoyed getting payed
Pros
10% off card we got was useful
Cons
the pay and the hours
pretty cool place for kids in highschool
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILSeptember 19, 2015
schnucks is a nice place to work
You will learn different jobs
Easy to catch on the tasks you will be working
co-workers pretty east tp get along with
cashiers
Cashiers (Current Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MOAugust 25, 2015
Working in a food chain was a great experience for me. I got to meet and greet all nationality. I enjoyed working for Schnucks for the experience as well.
good
Salad bar specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MissouriJuly 13, 2015
I thought this job was a really great learning experience and an overall great place to work. It was half food prep, and half customer service.
Pros
many breake, simple, organized management
Cons
short breaks, little benefits
first job experience
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 21, 2015
I bagged groceries and pulled in carts. It was good job to start with, Employees were nice and management was very kind. Job was pretty easy but pay was low, so it was okay.
Helping A Baker
CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMarch 13, 2015
A young lady was shopping for different cupcake flavors and I was the cashier at that time I was able to help her with all her products . As a appreciation from her she brought me a special cupcake from her bakery .
Pros
great customer service
Cons
people not trying work as team
Customer Focused
Center Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 24, 2015
Everyday, it is emphasized to focus on the customer. A customer should not walk past anyone without acknowledgement. I learned a lot about customer service, bookkeeping, and merchandising. Co-workers are the best part of the job. Everyone is so friendly. The hardest part of the job is having so many people giving you so many different directions.
Pros
healthcare benefits, co-workers
Cons
wages
it Was a very fun place to work in
Porter (Former Employee) –  Ladue, MOJanuary 27, 2015
I always came into my work place with a smile and greeted everyone, I clocked in and I got right to work. when I begin working I had to gather all my work items that I need to clean and put those items on my Porter cart, then I begin to empty all the trash in the building and every waste can outside of the job. then I cleaned up every rest room
Pros
free holiday meals
Cons
short breaks
Job for High School Students
Bagger (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 20, 2014
This was my first job and i just wanted money to do things i wanted to do. Not that i received enough money to do much, but i could say that it was my own.
close to home
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILJune 27, 2014
like working at schnucks just not chance to advance liked working as a cashier
Pros
close to home
Cons
no chance to addvance

Want to know more about SCHNUCKS MARKET?

Ask a question
fun workplace
Cart attendant (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOMarch 18, 2014
Pranks and laughter always. Met alot of fun people. Managers were always willing to work with me and my school schedule.
Pros
food
Cons
short breaks
Terrible
Bagger/cart attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 7, 2014
Showed up and bagged groceries for 5 hours. When I worked a 9 hour shift sometimes, I was allowed two lunch breaks and only got one. Management didn't pay attention to employees unless there was a serious problem. My co-workers were the best part of the job because when work was slow, they were easy to talk with.
It was a cool place to work if they give more hours
Deli Assistant/Salad bar Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 31, 2013
At Schnucks I worked in the deli- seafood department. This department you would learn all the skills you need to know about customer service. I had great co- workers and I left to have a baby.
Pros
great co- workers
Cons
smelling like fish
Fun work place
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 16, 2013
Worked as an Deli Clerk, assisting customers in a timely manner. Answering questions and making sure they were satisfied. Learned to multitask, answering phones and talking to the customer
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
couldn;t balance work and school
Working at Schnucks was productive and an upbeat environment.
Casheir/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 4, 2013
A typical day working at Schnucks as a cashier and customer service representative for me was coming in on time and asking which location I would be working at. Everyday you learned something new like a new code for different fruits and vegetables or how to fix your register when it stop working. I've also learned how to ring things up differently in customer service rather than ringing it up at a normal register. Working with management on a day-to-day basis can go either good or bad depending on their attitude that day, but most days it was great interacting with management. My co-workers were a blast to work with. It was like any other job environment some get alone and others don't but they manage to get alone for the sake of the customers. The hardest part of my job was trying to figure things out that you didn't know without the help of someone with more experience when the store was very busy. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers and getting compliments on my positive attitude, my professionalism, and how much they enjoy my presents.
Deli/Seafood Clerk
Deli/Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 8, 2013
worked with public, mostly nights and weekends, customer service
Not too bad
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAJuly 2, 2013
Free health insurance even if you are part time. Can not complain there. Many friendly people to work with. Sometimes it felt you had to be part of a "click" to advance. But overall not a bad place at all.
benefits
Cons
advancement is limited
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Frontenac, MOApril 1, 2013
Always enjoyed working at the store and with the Schnucks family. The company has incredible benefits packages for dedicated employees. Very friendly work environment.
Schuncks deli is the busiest department in the store, with a large selection of deli meat and cheese.
Deli, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MOMarch 26, 2013
Sunday and Monday are busiest days for deli and chesse purchase. I would make suggestions for what cheese would go with what deli meat the customers liked. Responsible for slicing and weighing deli meat and cheese. I would say the most diffcult part of the job was getting their meat and chesse sliced to perfection.
Pros
interacting with customers.
Cons
pay, benefits, and advancement opportunity.
Great manager and crew
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOAugust 30, 2012
I learned to take an order and how to fill it. met lots of great people. Learned how to prep hot and cold items.
Pros
you got paid breaks
Cons
low pay, only part time