Schnucks Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 21, 2017
Fast pace, learning something new all the time. Customer service, co-workers got alone fine. Great job experience. Management was fine. Working and helping customers was the best part.
Schnucks as a Stocker
Part-time Stocker (Former Employee) –  Roscoe, ILNovember 14, 2017
Great peple, horrible pay. The staff is always polite to customers & peers. Love to have stayed on, but pay was bbarely abover minimum wage at this location. No talk of advancement
fast paced job
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Affton, MONovember 8, 2017
stock selves everyday i worked with discounts on private label i have enjoyed working at grocery stores for over 18 years at different stores but delivery of food is getting big with less customers everyday.
Pros
disciunts
Cons
worked same items everyshift
Very demanding place to work
Head Cashier/Front End Manager/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MONovember 8, 2017
A normal was to clock in and you were busy with customers until the end of your shift. I did get a lot of management training, which I enjoyed. The hardest part was knowing I was manager and trainer and not making a penny more than the new employees I was training. The most enjoyable part of the job was my customers.
Pros
Time went by fast and I did enjoy my job.
Cons
You had to watch who you talked to as not everyone could be trusted.
Pretty Boring Place To Work
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 3, 2017
It Was Very Stressful To Work There We Barely Had Any Breaks Or Anything Like Whenever I Wanted To Stop To Catch My Breath To Chill Out I Couldn't They Wanted Me To Keep Going So Honestly I Didn't Enjoy Working There At All .
Pros
Not Enough Breaks
Cons
The Attitudes From The Customers
fun to see many different people in one day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 2, 2017
good work place. good management. loved to see many different people every day. a lot of different things you could do. can move up in the company fairly fast.
Fun
Chef's Express Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2017
I like Schnucks. Good food and people. Always looking to promote from within. Always asking about how to make things better.
Always looking for good employees.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Retail
Friendly pharmacy environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILOctober 27, 2017
Managers were all nice
wasn't too fast paced
flexible on scheduling
customers were friendly and nice to interact with
grocery store environment was nice to work in
Rules apply differently
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILOctober 25, 2017
Only certain people get to advance because of management. The hard workers and people who are reliable are stuck and can't move up or transfer. It's all a game of pick and choose favorites. Front end manager could be so rude she shouldn't even be in customer service. Hardest part was having a line of customers and no bagger or other people to open register. Management too good to do that, and heaven forbid I ask for help throughout the store when they were trained for that purpose.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No chance for advancement, inconsistent hours
Fair Job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 25, 2017
Job was fun at times. Met great people and enjoyed working with my co workers. Job is more so good if you're in school. The environment wasn't very professional and its hardtop advance.
People are great, but poor upper management
Chef and Assisstant Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOOctober 23, 2017
I enjoyed working alongside my team mates and the management team, however, upper management (executive) needed evaluation, and often did not follow required union guidelines which resulted in a high turnover rate.
Just a job
Cashier/ Overnight Conditioner (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 23, 2017
Only temporary never make it ur career just a stepping stone for something better..poor communication between management and lack of sympathy for their employees
Pros
Overnights
Cons
Short breaks
Best company ever
Drug and General Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSOctober 22, 2017
Best company I ever worked for. They closed all of their stores in Tennessee and Mississippi . If they were still open I would still be working there.
Pros
Everything.
Productive and Fun
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 21, 2017
While this was my first job, the experience it has provided set the bars for jobs to come. The sifts were flexible and the management was lenient. The most enjoyable part of my day was to laugh as well as interact with the costumers, making their day made mine.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Boring and repetitive job but good breaks.
CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 19, 2017
Schnucks is not the absolute worst place to work. I worked as a cashier, so the job was extremely repetitive and boring. Depending on when you work would affect how busy or slow it is. Working the grave yard shift is okay because you can relax on your phone but the time goes by slower. You'll get a total of 30 minutes for break time if you work 6 or more hours, which is cool too.
The management sucks
Checker, Produce, Salad Bar (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOOctober 18, 2017
The management sucks. I would go into work if they needed someone on short notice, but when I wanted a day off, they said "no." Also, I was a part-time employee (20 to 30 hours), yet I would get scheduled 30 to 40 hours all the time. They scheduled me as full-time and didn't offer me any benefits, all with being paid minimum wage.
Hostile work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 15, 2017
Daily bullying and harassment, unwanted behavior, making some to feel intimidated, degraded, humiliated and or offended by tenured employees who don't want to be there, are hard to get rid of and have a bad home life and want you to feel bad too.
Pros
Weekly paychecks
Cons
Life's short, find a better place to work.
Only takes one bad manager ...
Social Media Content Specialist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ILOctober 10, 2017
The role of cashier is best for those right out of high school, or trying to pay for college in the evenings. My customer service manager was cold, unfeeling, unsympathetic and a little mentally unbalanced (i.e. I will never understand their priorities.) Met some great people, but the 4:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. shift killed me. Paid over $333 in Union dues one year...right into the pocket of politicians I despise! Lunches are nonexistent for cashiers...if you work 8 hours, you get two 15 minute breaks, and NO, you may NOT take them together for a half hour lunch!
Pros
It was a paycheck.
Cons
Pay, work environment, management, union dues
awsome place
bagger (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 9, 2017
Team work was never an problem, everyone worked as a team. great place to work. pay was a little low but was my first job. great employee discounts !!!
Pros
disconts
Cons
weather orented
It was fun
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Ladue, MOOctober 6, 2017
It was fun until I start seeing reactions to my energized personality I got a lot of hate frome my com workers for how happy I was and how I created costumers.
Pros
Great costumers
Cons
Jealous employees, and rude mangers