SCHNUCKS

SCHNUCKS Employer Reviews

strict hard working area
Grocery Cashier (Current Employee), st louis misouriSeptember 3, 2014
Long hours standing working small breaks
very few cross training
very hard on co-workers and one sided
very nice and easy to get along with
getting the management to approve your work
Fun workplace
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), DeKalb, ILSeptember 3, 2014
I loved everything about the company. I enjoyed talking to different customers day to day, and preparing orders.
good place to work through school
Cashier (Current Employee), Springfield, ILAugust 27, 2014
Pros: pleasant co-workers, flexable schedule, positive environment
Cons: low wage, work holidays and weekends
Managers are kind and actually WORK! Co-workers are friendly. It is a pleasant environment. The hardest part of the job is the paycheck :)
A friendly place to work.
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee), Rockford, ILAugust 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch sometimes.
Cons: short breaks low hours.
Schnucks was a very friendly place to work very strict hard to please you have to go that extra extra mile overall it was in a way you always have to stay on your toes because someones watching.
Decent Place to be employeed
Cashier (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILAugust 19, 2014
the most enjoyable part of this job was the co-workers and the friendships I made from working here
Very productive and consuming. A good place to work.
Bakery (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 10, 2014
Pros: free samples, and breaks.
Cons: short breaks, having to go bag groceries in the front.
A typical day at work would be for me to come in and put out fresh doughnuts, cookies, and bagels. Then I would go into the freezer and get more of everything in case we ran out. Then I would have to go on the floor and organize everything from the breads to the cakes. Then I would take my break and come back and help the customers when they needed – more... it. I would always keep a smile on my face. I learned that you always have to cater to the customers needs even when things aren't going right. The management was awesome. My co-workers were awesome too. They took the time to teach me everything and would also help me when I needed it. The hardest part of my job was trying to write names and things on cakes. I enjoyed everything about this job, especially the customers. – less
Fun workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Overland, MOJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great co-worker
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed what I do, loved being a Bakery associate, I enjoyed working with the co-workers at Schnucks, Inc
Schnucks
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of working the checkout lane, cleaning the checkout lane and doing overstock when the store was slow. I learned about customer service, treating the customer well even if they customer got frustrated and managing money. My co-workers were generally great people. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet in one – more... place for 8 hours but in general it was easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with the customers. – less
Productive and fun
CASHIER (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: n/a
Go in count my money for my register go to my register straighten it up.that I really did like working with the public. Management and co-workers were nice. Dealing with the drinkers early in the morning. Working with the public.
very under paid for your job
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 1, 2014
Pros: 30 minute lunch break, coworkers are nice
Cons: schnucks does not back up employees, the customer is always right, very under paid compared to other pharmacies, store managers try to run the pharmacy and they dont even know the rules for back there
a typical day is entering prescriptions, filling prescriptions, answering phones, and dealing with customer issues. Normally always understaffed as people do not stay with the company long. Store managers try and run the pharmacy, even though they do not know any of the rules. co workers can be great.
It's a Job
Salad Bar Clerk (Former Employee), Cottleville, MOJune 15, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: it was only on schnucks brand times.
During my shifts at work I would either open or close the salad bar and maintain it through the work day while also doing prep work for the next day and filling our self service cooler with an assortment of pre-made salads and trays.

I learned basic sanitation and food safety rules and procedures and how to prepare fried chicken wings and various other – more... hot foods.

During my time there my store went through a number of management changes both in my department and store management. My department went through three managers and one of them was awesome and the best woman in the world, but unfortunately for my department she got promoted and the store manager promoted a woman from another department instead of considering any of us already working in that department.

The hardest part of the job was probably keeping everything clean and sometimes trying to keep up with the demand of orders coming in. The most enjoyable part were some of my co-workers. Some of us got along really well and it helped the day go by. – less
Great workplace with great team members.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2014
Learning daily and working with great people taught me to work even harder.
gfood and bad
worker (Current Employee), stateJune 4, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: everything else
Good and bad parts of every job, some good managers, some terrible ones
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Waterloo, ILJune 2, 2014
I enjoyed my time at schnucks. While my hours are not what most people would work, I found the work interesting enough to stay a year. Helping our customers find what they needed helped my enjoy working here. My co workers were very friendly and enjoyed seeing them.
I worked here in high school as well.
Cashier/Stocker/Butcher (Former Employee), Southaven, MSMay 30, 2014
I was promoted there after about a year of working. Just a job.
Fun work place
Cashier/Stocker/Customer Servive (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 16, 2014
Pros: the food on the lunch breaks
Cons: no cons.
Schnucks was a great place to work before they closed all of them down. Wasn't anything hard about the job. My co-workers at the time were great and I enjoyed work because I had such a great team.
Okay to work for, but not for the long term.
Cashier (Current Employee), Alton, ILMay 14, 2014
Pros: it's a paycheck.
Cons: you work with a bunch of back stabbing, circle jerking, pink eyed weasles.
So so. Good stepping stone job, but not for the long term. They work well with school scheduling and extra curricular activities, but not for you personally if you're not a favorite. No room for advancement. Too much of a high school drama atmosphere. Most people are friendly, but keep to yourself and don't get involved.
Friendly and Fast paste environment
Checker/Cashier (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 11, 2014
At the beginning of every shift my duties were to clean and perpare my station for customers. I also counted all money before I received money from customers. I then worked in grocery were I had to stock shelves and clean all alises.
Gat team amsphere.
Cashier (Current Employee), Rockford, ILMay 8, 2014
Pros: lots of regular customers
Cons: hours and salary
A typical day at work consist of handing customers checking out.
Part time
Cashier (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 2, 2014
Good part time job with benefits. Family friendly job. There is room for advancement with Schnucks.

1 2 3 4 5

About SCHNUCKS

If you'll meet me in St. Louis, chances are there'll be a Schnucks in sight. The region's largest food chain, Schnuck Markets – Read more