Scholastic

Scholastic Employer Reviews

This is a great place to work.
Art Instructor (Former Employee), Harperwoods MIJuly 9, 2014
Pros: students
Typical day starts at 7:30 and ends at 3:30. I learned a lot about people and teaching. the management team is great and so are the co-workers.the hardest part of the job was dealing with irate parents and the most enjoyable part of the job is working wiht the students who wan to learn.
productive
call center representative (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOJuly 7, 2014
what I have learned while working inside a call center were computer data entry skills and maintain records of customers orders
Amazing place to Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), Auburn, WAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: free books for volunteering
Cons: time drags when business is slow
A typical day would involve helping people who work with and enjoy books. The majority of the customers are usually teachers, librarians, parents, and students. You will learn bookfair setup, marketing, how to run a point of sale machine, popular book titles, and book reading levels. There will be a scholastic representative on site to answer questions, – more... but the majority of your peers are also volunteers. You will see familiar faces because most volunteers come back year after year, they are treated well. – less
I'd go back tommorow if I could
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOJune 27, 2014
Good, consistent hours and schedule, well managed, friendly people and an awesome work environment. If not for layoff I'd still be there, no question.
Temp Job
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOJune 24, 2014
Long, stressful days filled with repetitiveness. Co Workers were nice, supervisors could get a little demanding.
I enjoyed working with the schools and parent organizations, believed in the mission, but management style is awful. You never feel appreciated.
Field Sales Representative and Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Olympia, WAJune 15, 2014
Pros: working with customers, co-workers and being home in the evenings and weekends.
Cons: lack of respect, constant pressure and stress, lack of appreciation
Originally began as inside sales and had a wonderful Sales Manager who cared about his people. Then he was let go and it was never the same. Management style from the top down only cares about the numbers and you never feel appreciated, whether you're hitting your numbers or not. I enjoyed my co-workers and enjoyed working with my schools. After almost – more... 2 years, I moved to a field position and it was better than being in the little cubicle in the office, but again, you never really felt appreciated. – less
It was high school, what more needs to be said?
Data Entry & Basic Electronics (Former Employee), Spencerport, NYJune 12, 2014
As with any school there are cliques, teachers who do & do not really teach, lunches are horrid, mass produced food items.
All in all it was no better, nor worse then any expectations or others experiences.
Great company, Leader in the publishing industry
Territory Sales (Current Employee), Misssissippi/Louisiana/AlabamaJune 12, 2014
Pros: work with some great people and get to make a difference in the lives of kids.
Cons: poor management
My day starts by with my territory plan; calling on schools and district offices and various outside agencies throughout my territory. I have learned how to manage my time and work effectively with very little supervision. I have had 18 bosses over the years. The management structure is very broken. I have some great co - workers the are my friends – more... as well as colleagues. The hardest part of my job is spending so much time away from my family. The best part of my job is providing solutions to a school or school district and seeing the impact it has on the children..... and that's what really matters!!! – less
Good working experience
Reading Coach (Current Employee), PRJune 11, 2014
Excellent group of professionals. This working experience helped me to develop as an independent professional and gave me the opportunity to share with colleagues what I know best, teach.
Great company to work for
Office Manager/Field Sales Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2014
Scholastic Book Fairs was an awesome company to work for, I began as a warehouse secretary until a Field Sales Representative position opened up. I traveled thirty five counties to set up book fairs in different schools. Loved the people I worked with.
Very fun while professional
Tier I Software Analyst (Former Employee), Utica, NYMay 17, 2014
Classic call center work. Nothing extensive but quality control is always something to acknowledge.
Fast-paced, flexible, fun, team environment.
PRODUCT COORDINATOR LEVEL 1 (Current Employee), Robbinsville, NJMay 6, 2014
Working as a team is number one at Scholastic Book Fairs -- everyone works together to make things happen. Great place to work!
Overall good company to work for
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 6, 2014
Overall good company to work for. If you are ok with doing the same thing everyday this company is great. No room for real advancement. Summers off if your a Sales Consultant. Great group of co-workers. Not a lot of men employed.
Fun and prodcutive workign place
Phone Orders (Current Employee), Neosho, MOApril 18, 2014
Pros: every so often we get free lunches, helps those who need it
Cons: nothing really.
I love the fact that the supervisors are all about helping out when we need their assistance
Great Company to work for
Manager/ Sr. System Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 1, 2014
Good people. Great company to work for. I had great experience with this company. Management excelent. Coince company trying to outsource every possible position.
Was a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOApril 1, 2014
Pros: could buy books for kids for pennies on the dollar.
Cons: they went to out sourcing call center to india
I enjoyed my job and it was a great place to work ,Made some great friends, easy going and everyone got along.. I stay in touch with them to this day.
Amazing overall work atmosphere
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 24, 2014
Pros: i welcomed the flexibility to create my own schedule. all the hr benefits and resources
There is never a typical day. Everyday is NEW and unpredictable.
Management and training was effective. Supporting our mission is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Productive and fun.
Production Coordinator Level 1 (Current Employee), Fremont, CAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great management team and wonderful coworkers.
Cons: only part time.
Great part time job for moms or collage students. A typical day is 5 hrs. getting the Book Fairs ready to send to different schools in the bay area .Management and fellow coworkers are very nice and helpful. It's great being a part of something that makes reading fun for everyone.
It had been a pleasure to build Ecommerce infrastructure at Scholastic.
Sr Manager of Ecommerce Infrastructure (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 4, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment.
Cons: lack of management support
It was a wiled ride but I was the father of the Ecommerce infrastructure for Scholastic. Well, I got to manage this great team of people on the corp IT side and Ecommerce side. I made SCholastic where they are today.
great for partime
Product coordinator 1 (Former Employee), las vegas, nvFebruary 23, 2014
Boss is great and fair. You work partime it is not hard work. You learn about books and how they are displayed.

1 2 3 4 5

About Scholastic

Once upon a time, a company grew up to become one of the world's leading children's book publishers. Scholastic Corporation sells – Read more