Scholastic

Scholastic Employer Reviews

Great Company to work for
Manager/ Sr. System Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 1, 2014
Good people. Great company to work for. I had great experience with this company. Management excelent. Coince company trying to outsource every possible position.
Was a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOApril 1, 2014
Pros: could buy books for kids for pennies on the dollar.
Cons: they went to out sourcing call center to india
I enjoyed my job and it was a great place to work ,Made some great friends, easy going and everyone got along.. I stay in touch with them to this day.
Amazing overall work atmosphere
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 24, 2014
Pros: i welcomed the flexibility to create my own schedule. all the hr benefits and resources
There is never a typical day. Everyday is NEW and unpredictable.
Management and training was effective. Supporting our mission is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Productive and fun.
Production Coordinator Level 1 (Current Employee), Fremont, CAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great management team and wonderful coworkers.
Cons: only part time.
Great part time job for moms or collage students. A typical day is 5 hrs. getting the Book Fairs ready to send to different schools in the bay area .Management and fellow coworkers are very nice and helpful. It's great being a part of something that makes reading fun for everyone.
It had been a pleasure to build Ecommerce infrastructure at Scholastic.
Sr Manager of Ecommerce Infrastructure (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 4, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment.
Cons: lack of management support
It was a wiled ride but I was the father of the Ecommerce infrastructure for Scholastic. Well, I got to manage this great team of people on the corp IT side and Ecommerce side. I made SCholastic where they are today.
great for partime
Product coordinator 1 (Former Employee), las vegas, nvFebruary 23, 2014
Boss is great and fair. You work partime it is not hard work. You learn about books and how they are displayed.
Productive and friendly environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLFebruary 19, 2014
A typical day is go in pull packing list off board and pack cases for the packing list that you have. There is a first and second wave. You might have more cases to pack on one wave then the other, sometimes you might have to help somebody else and also you have to make sure books are not damage neither is the case or headers. Sometimes you have to – more... go and help ups out with book orders that needs to be pulled.I have learned a lot at Scholastic and the workers their are friendly and helpful. The hardest part is when a case is mess up with different books that isn't in you area no you have to take the time out to take all the books out of your case and put them in the box which now slows you down with the number of cases per hour. The most enjoyable part of the day is knowing that I have pack cases or pulled book orders for the kids and/or teachers to be able to purchase to read. – less
Flexible work from home/office environment
Field Engineer - Central US Region (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2014
Great team of people to work with. My team and Manager are very supportive. The daily routine varies with some occasional travel and working from home to support our customers as they use our software products.
Workplace
Stocker P1 (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch every now and again
Cons: two breaks a day
Scholastic Books Fairs gave me a wonderful chance to work. I have been there for three years. I would clock at 8am and leave at 3pm. I started attended T.S.U while I was on first shift. I asked to be moved to second shift and it work out perfectly. The hardest part about this job is picking up where other people left off. My co worker were all older – more... than me. I most enjoy when kids come to the store and i get to put smiles on their faces. – less
Scholastic Book Fairs was a good job. Woking from home really teaches you how to manage your time.
Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Clinton, MAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: working from home and ability to balance home life / work
Cons: short breaks and not great health care benefits
My day was filled with phones and tracking orders. But I worked from home and it was agood learning lesson to manage my time. I loved speaking with the techers and the mos that volunteered for the bbok fairs. helping them with the inventory and their school summer reading lists. I think the hardest aprt of my job was not disappointing the schools incase – more... Scholastic was sold out of a title or when I had been working to wi a school back and just when i thought they were going to book , they didn't. It was disappointing but I had great access to my co workers thought email or IM. It was easy to stay in touch with my co workers. They were a great resource.

I was in charge of over 400 book fairs in Middlesex County. I had the largest revenue increase in the country. I also still hold the record at Scholastic Book Fairs with the most winback at 50. – less
Great Local culture horrible regional maangement
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: terrible regional management
You must be a favorite of the regional Manager to be promoted, he was not concerned with managers.
Fun and productive place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Jefferson City, MOJanuary 12, 2014
Scholastic's is enjoyable place to work, and I enjoy everyone I work with there. I work with a lot of the managers and supervisors to see how we can improve something and still get the work done and improve the quality.
Very stable and enjoyable job
Product Coordinator (Former Employee), CaliforniaDecember 31, 2013
Pros: associates were nice
My daily activities at this particular job started with unloading trucks, setting up pallets and setting up merchandise to be put away to shelves. I also had to restock shelves and pull orders in a timely manner. I also verified proper stock levels with Rf scanner, and help any other employees with any other work that was needed to be finished.
Pretty Good Overall
Senior Designer (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 23, 2013
Pros: seminars and presentations by esteemed authors and graphic designers every month in auditorium, talented employees, cool soho location, many helpful work resources and benefit plans, relaxed work hours.
Cons: occasional bad management, frequently molasses-like contracts and payments department when distributing payments to freelancers, broken printers needing repairs, fluctuating temperature of office, mediocre free coffee
a nice company to work for, with a great cafeteria, working environment, rooftop terrace, gym, benefits, and library/auditorium, situated in trendy Soho area. Design/editorial/production/manufacturing team I worked with were very talented and interesting people throughout the years.
Fun and Financial rewarding
Book Fair Consultant (Former Employee), Waco, TXDecember 21, 2013
Loved the employment due to co-workers and customer data base, commissions based and management was excellent
Excellent Company
Technical Supervisor (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJDecember 14, 2013
Pros: great company, coworkers, hours
Scholastic was a great company to work for. I went from a jr support person to a supervisor. They give great opportunities to their employees. The internal customer were great to work with. Management was very understanding and always worked with each team to be sure that the quality of service was always there.
loving & friendly environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 14, 2013
Pros: guests
Cons: short breaks
Loved working as a housekeeper and enjoyed helping the guests. I loved pleasing the guests when it came to cleanness of the rooms.
Quiet workplace
Order line Operator (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MODecember 11, 2013
Pros: they had a lot of health fairs and giveways and good health benefits.
Cons: the breaks and lunches for very strict, bathroom breaks were stict as well.
I would come in sign in to the computer and either start taking phone calls or typing in orders. I learned how to answer multiple phone calls, key in orders through the data base. Management was good, they had 2 to 3 managers on the floor during peak hours. Co-workers we nice and I think they were most helpful with any questions I had. The hardest part – more... of my job was I feel like I was not trained for the job I was hired for. When I would ask questions to the managers they would become irritated with me first before even hearing what my questions was. I enjoyed talking to the costumers and helping them with their orders. – less
Company that really believes in what they are doing.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Omaha, NeDecember 7, 2013
Great company but usually only seasonal work, constantly looking to reduce staffing and other ways to cut payroll.
Its a nice place to work in just no full time positions.
WMS (Current Employee), Jefferson City, MONovember 19, 2013
A typical day at work is to clock in get a scanner, scan books and put them in a box neatly.

1 2 3 4 5

About Scholastic

Once upon a time, a company grew up to become one of the world's leading children's book publishers. Scholastic Corporation sells – Read more