Scholastic Employee Reviews

productive and fun team, with lots of editorial control
Supervising Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2016
My time at Scholastic was very satisfying because I was able to plan, edit, and produce a large number of books, with a high degree of independence. My colleagues were talented and fun.

The hardest part was struggling with some weaknesses in the infrastructure.
This was a good part-time for me. I like working with every one there. I get along with everybody.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 28, 2016
When i first start at Scholastic, i was just an order picker. Later on I started helping the lead with inventory. I really like working there but i have to try to find something full time.
Pros
lead and Manager buy us lunch sometime
Cons
no health care
Its a good place for people looking for seasonal work
Forklift Truck and Order Picker operator (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 18, 2016
Scholastic Book Fairs has a lot of get people with big hearts, everyday is a learning day for something exciting. The managers really don't participate in daily work, just walk around constantly doing nothing. The morale is very low, there are not enough employee's to do certain jobs so people get hurt often. If you have young kids or like to read you get a 50% discount on all merchandise.
Pros
Monthly luncheon
Cons
Not enough employees to help out
Nice place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARJanuary 17, 2016
Loading and unloading trucks, working on shipping and assembly line. Co workers were very nice, and management was nice.
Pros
Free books
Cons
Closed down
Paraprofessional/ Locker Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MIJanuary 11, 2016
The enjoyable part of my job working with kids. I learned that many of the kids have different personalities. The hardest part of my job missing the kids at the end of day. I love working with my co workers.
Pros
Having days off when schools closed
Cons
Short breaks
great company mission, terrible management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 4, 2016
wonderful place to work as far as benefits, but everyone fears for their jobs due to poor management and there is horrible retention in Cincinnati Branch
comfortable atmosphere to work, meet new people, and learn skills related to processing and shipping, plus a great opportunity to reach out to kids.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 28, 2015
Receiving, unloading and stocking shelves with books to be picked and sent to various schools across the world. Every day is a new experience with different methods of how to ship the proper books to the right schools.Management is excellent as well as co-workers.Hardest part of job is not making enough money.Most enjoyable is the chance to work with great people.
Pros
working for children
Cons
pay is low
Take book order from teachers.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 16, 2015
Scholastic was a nice company to work for high volume of work. They are very good to their employees. They also have a bookstore were employees can buy books.
Pros
The company gave free gifts to their employees.
Cons
pay could be better
Scholastic
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 12, 2015
I enjoyed my time working here. I didn't want to resign but i had to for personal reasons. I wish there was a location here in Saint Louis, Mo, Instead of Jefferson City, MO.
I thought I did this already
Technical Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2015
but apparently theyre making me enter it again so let me get my 20 words in. Did I hit 20 yet. Apparently not since the warning keeps popping up
great co-workers
Inventory runner (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCNovember 9, 2015
My co-workers are the best! I always have fun at work with my bosses who always go beyond to help us scan and take inventory!
Pros
first shift
Cons
short lunches
Great place
Desktop Support Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2015
Great place to work fun and exciting
Employees are hard working
Management tries to promote from within
Salary is very competitive
Nice place to work and the job isn't hard to do, it keeps you busy!
Power equipment and assembly worker (case) (Current Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJNovember 3, 2015
I have been with the company for 8 months and it has been an exciting and enjoyable experience. The hours are beautiful and you work o.t., every once in the blue moon, but it is to get an important task done. I like it 100%..bottom line!
Pros
Good atmosphere and they are always feeding you!
Cons
short lunch, half-hour isn't enough, because you are on your feet a lot!
scholastic
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOOctober 24, 2015
i worked hard. i was not late. i called in when i was not able to make it in. i fallowed all the rules. i got along with everyone.
A great work environment
Mobile Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2015
Such a great environment to learn and expand your career further.
I had the pleasure to work with experts, a great team within the company. The option to network and upgrade personal skills is always available. I would defiantly recommend it to any job seeker.
hardest part of the job
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 23, 2015
communication is poor and their needs to be more people that will actually work, other than that everyone that does work, work real good with each other, people are good and nice, corporate needs to quit moving because it messes with all the branches on receiving product on-time and that puts more of a work load on the employees
Pros
people
Cons
work load
Fast paced environment, with loads of experience.
Performance Analyst (Former Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 23, 2015
Fast paced environment, with loads of experience.

There is no typical day. It is always changing. Day to day changes with store visits, interviews, training sessions, and business needs.

This job provided true multi-unit experience with the every changing market.

Leadership and coworkers were great. We set a culture of not only trust, but the ability to challenge each other.

Hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part. It is always changing. It is fast paced, and you must keep up.
fun and exciting
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOSeptember 21, 2015
This workplace was very fun and exciting. the manager and supervisors were really helping and understanding when it cam e to my school schedule and work.
work environment SUCKS
product coordinator (Former Employee) –  tallahasseeSeptember 16, 2015
management sucks...they over work and SEVERELY underpay employees...and when you become too good at your job, they find ways to fire you with no warning.
A Great Place To Work
PHOTO EDITOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2015
A great place to work, with supportive team members, and a healthy work/life balance. Advancement is slow and hard won, but otherwise the work culture is positive, and a great place to learn and grow professionally.