Scholastic Employee Reviews

Good environment friendly people
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Portland OregonJanuary 15, 2018
I worked in the prortland branch as an order picker, other than a very hectic summer, the schedule is swing shift select orders for the next days production, hard work but relaxed atmosphere. Would definitely recommend those looking for work.
Pros
Discount, easy schedule
Cons
Mixed signals on work to be completed.
Poor
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 9, 2018
Co-workers weren't the best to work with. Work load was easy. Work environment wasn't the best either. Wouldn't want to work at that location in the future
I like the work environment and laid back
Order Puller (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJanuary 4, 2018
Its a great place too work. The only thing that needs to change is the poor lack in management...they are rude and sometime judging and unprofessional all the time
Poor Management
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 2, 2018
There is very poor upper management. The turn-over rate is high and it becomes difficult to have constantly changing upper management. Plus, no strong loyalties to employees.
Pros
Enjoyable work with families and kids.
Cons
poor upper management
Productive and a fun place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJanuary 2, 2018
A typical day at work could be stressful but when you fin a groove it becomes much easier. I learned different technics to find books faster to put inside the box , which increased my speed tremendously. the work place culture was pretty clean, and the mangers took pride and making sure we kept are work area clean. the hardest part at first was searching for what area the particular book is in. the hardest part of the job became the most enjoyable after I got the technics down.
Good work place
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 28, 2017
Its a good work place to work at but the management is disrespectful and unprofessional. Other than that its a good environment to work in with others
Volunteering at Scholastic
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARDecember 27, 2017
Volunteering at Scholastic was very fun. i got to work with my mom and all of her employees. i love going to different schools setting up and checking on the book fairs. the look on the kids faces were priceless
Hard work, lots of dedication
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Odenton, MDDecember 24, 2017
Very Fast paced work environment. A lot of hard work with constant heavy lifting on a Daily bases. A lot of walking and constant production of staff.
Pros
Lots of communication
Cons
2 -15 minute breaks
Excellent pay
Planning Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 14, 2017
I was very well paid while working for this company however I feel discriminated against because when new management took over me and other employees jobs were eliminated for no reason given to us. I still have not found a job that paid as well or has had the same benefits.
Good company
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2017
It was a good company, with lots of restructuring in the IT and digital areas and some caution treading in the digital world on the business side. A great mission!
Can be stressful at times
Packer (Current Employee) –  NebraskaDecember 8, 2017
A typical day would be filling the cases with books for the school book fairs. It can be stressful at time because you have to go look for different books and you have to go fast to meet your fairs. The people are nice to be with
Pros
no pros
Cons
They have fun activites and somethimes free lunches
Decent place to work, limited room for growth
Editor, Scholastic (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2017
Low stress environment but little room to grow in the company. Good benefits, great maternity leave, but not enough positive attributes to stay long term
n/a
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 28, 2017
The people are really nice. We use to have potlucks and get off early the day before holidays. Mostly slow days; however, when updating software it can get busy.
Very fun place to work
Book fair coordinator assistant/ warehouse (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WANovember 27, 2017
Start early but they were very understanding if you had to leave for family reasons. I learned shipping receiving there how to pack orders and a lot of customer service there. My boss before I left was very nice and understand and a great listener. It was a great place to work but the pay wasn't so goo.
A great workplace, especially for seasonal or temp work!
Editor (Former Employee) –  557 BroadwayNovember 25, 2017
As a consultant for the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, it was my duty to critically read hundreds of pieces of creative writing, which I would then select from, concise, & organize into an anthology. Scholastic had given me opportunities to speak at major events before but even moreso as I was the editor of their 2017 anthology. The staff and young writers I corresponded with created a very respectful, organized, and easy-going work environment. One of the most enjoyable parts of working with Scholastic is being able to meet and sit with the creative legacy of people who still make contributions the Alliance.
Good place to start
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WANovember 17, 2017
Good first job to have, not a career oriented company.

No promoting from within, hiring outside occurs.

Benifits are decent, alot of paid time off!
Pros
11 Paid holidays
Cons
Not a place to move up
Great Culture
Distribution Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 16, 2017
Great place to work . I have spent 14 years here in multiple roles and locations and have learned many new skills. I would recommend Scholastic to any one looking for a company with a great culture that lives their mission.
great team fun packing books
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Odenton, MDNovember 14, 2017
Great to have been doing work to help kids read. the daily job was ok during the non peak season crazy during the peak season. great having seasonal workers to help with the work load
Pros
Getting books in kids hand
Cons
not all kids could afford the new books
Busy Enviroment
Magazine Representative (Former Employee) –  Neosho, MONovember 14, 2017
This was a very busy place to work. Often it was one call after another with little or no down time between speaking with customers. People were nice, and environment was comfortable.
New York Office Very hard place to work.
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2017
New York Office is very cut throat, No training or mentoring provided. I need to learn everything on my own. New Jersey office is laid back no real possibilty of losing your job. There in no real job growth.
Pros
New Jersey office
Cons
New York Office, hours, no work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scholastic. Our community is ready to answer.