School Bus Driver

School Bus Driver Employer Reviews

GOOD PLACE TO WORK
ENGLEWOOD/sHERIDAN sCHOOLS (Former Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 26, 2015
Cons: good pay
HAD FUN AND GREW UP WITH SOME OF THE KIDS. THE KIDS WERE GREAT .
School Bus Driver
First Student (Current Employee), Providence, RIDecember 31, 2014
Checking the bus, Doing a pre-trip on daily basis. Transport children and adults from home to school and from school to home or transporting other to on trips and back. Fallow state and comp[any rules and regulations on daily basis. Be a team player. I enjoy the fact that I get to meet and greet new individuals at all time.
Administration is the problem with this job
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), aiken county S.C.November 11, 2014
Pros: only work 180 days
Cons: bad pay, administration egregiously breaks the rules, low hours.
The pay is bad, and the kids are bad, but the problem is that the administration constantly and egregiously breaks the rules. For instance the second time you write up a student they are supposed to be suspended from the bus, many times you will write up a student everyday for 2 or 3 weeks for bullying other kids ,hitting them everyday and of course the kid they hit never hits back, but when that kid hits back and a fight starts the administration suspends you. Its worse with middle school and high school kids. I was with another bus driver one week and watched as a student cussed the driver out everyday for 3 days and on day four that student got in a fight and the deputy superintendent of the county fired the bus driver and did not suspend the students who fought. Simply put because the administrator will not abide by the rules students will do bad things and then you will get fired for it, and they will make it so you can not get unemployment.
school bus driver
First Student (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COOctober 27, 2014
Pros: driving a bus for children, the people i work with.
Cons: snow and ice on the roads.
I would pretrip my bus in the morning, then pick up my middle schoolers take them to school, then run my elementary route. take the bus back to the bus barn, go home until noon. I would run my career center students back to their school and pick other students up and take them to career center. Go home until my afternoon route, which then I would pick up my middle school children from school take them home, than I would run and do my elementary children route. Take bus back to the bus barn do my post trip inspection.
Very Laid back
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Woodstown, NJOctober 14, 2014
Pick up students at homes and drop off at school. Very relaxed work environment.
Dated building & equipment, bad management.
First Student (Former Employee), Tenino, WAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: charter trips across wa state.
Cons: lack of hours, unless willing to work charter trips. never guarunteed.
The job itself was nice because it gave me a huge sense of accomplishment... knowing that I was solely responsible for up to 80 kids at a time. The management has at its own wits' end. The hardest part of being a bus driver was student management. The easiest part of the job was the driving aspect. It is surprisingly easy to drive a school bus, but frustrating at times to try and control the older kids at the back of the bus, while trying to drive. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the students, and trying to make their day better by taking an interest in their lives, instead of just telling them to follow the rules constantly. It was overall a positive experience, and an especially memorable experience. The maximum hours each day hover around 3 hours. That is just ridiculous. No wonder so many retirees are bus drivers! the training was enlightening, and fulfilling, but my experience with other drivers shows that not all of the drivers follow safety/company protocol 100% of the time. This should definitely be a more professional work environment instead of so much screwing around going on over the radio and at the garage itself, which seemed to be falling apart at the seems. If you are looking to be a School Bus Driver anywhere, I would suggest not going here, unless you enjoy short work days, and waiting (unpaid) all day between AM and PM routes.
great position to have
Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: out of town job
Cons: position could have extended
long hours,meetings,really detailed position,good worker,team player
This co. was ok place to work but not alot of houres per week.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Auburn, NYSeptember 2, 2014
Mostly for time 6:00-8:00 AM then 2:00-4:00, with some weekend work. Learned how to operate school bus, take a class B license test, how to fill out log books, time clock, pre and post trip. Hardest parts of job was long sporting trips called charters. The most enjoyable part was got to know some nice people and friends.
n/a
SCHOOL BUS DRIVER (Former Employee), Litchfield, ILAugust 25, 2014
Pick children up at home and take them to school. Then pick them up from school and take them home.
Energetic workplace
Greenville County Schools (Current Employee), Greenville ScAugust 8, 2014
I look forward to attending my job, because I look forward to making a difference in kids lives.I have learned that it is not always about the job that you are doing it is the patience in learning and encouraging one another. My co workers are good individuals to work with, but needs to be on more of a team level, and management should be more of the opportunity to help assist level as needed due to so many or single parents' and do not have another job over the summer, do to having noone to watch children.
A job meant mainly for retired people or people that need a starter job.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Chicagoridge, ilJune 28, 2014
Pros: set schedule, set time off
Cons: not many hours unless youve been there for many years
The day starts by checking in and getting your keys for your bus. then you do your daily pre-trip safety check. you then go pick up the kids on your assigned route and take them to school.
Management is friendly and understand that the job doesnt offer advancement to younger people and they encourage people to look for better jobs for themselves.
There is minimal involvement with co-workers because all the drivers have their own route to run.
The hardest part of the job is learning new routes at the beginning of the school year especially if the route you have to do is in an area you do not know.
The best part of the job was working with the kids because they would always have new stories to keep the days interesting.
had fun playing cards on down time.
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 7, 2014
Responsible for phone lines, transport students to and from school and on field trips. The hardest part of the job was long field trips that you had to go on to make money outside of your route. The most enjoyable part of the job was some of the children.
SCHOOL BUS DRIVER
First Student (Former Employee), BALDWIN PARK CAApril 17, 2014
I would transport students to and from school on a fixed route each day.
I refueled bus each day after route.
I filled out daily bus reports daily.
I did pre-trip/post-trip each day making sure bus was up to standard with Zonark.
I got along with my co-workers daily.
There were no hardest part of this job.
I enjoyed taking the students to school each day.
Driving a School Bus is rewarding
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Mont Belvieu, TXMarch 27, 2014
Driving a school bus is a rewarding position. If you enjoy children and have lots of patience, this is definitely a job to consider
very good job
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), philadelphia pa.March 11, 2014
nice job loved my co-workers I learn a lot there worked with kids.
Fun
FIRST STUDENT (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAMarch 3, 2014
Fun I loved driving school buss, I enjoyed working with children.
Good Schedule and moderate pay
Student Transportation of America (Current Employee), West Newton, PAMarch 2, 2014
Pros: nice schedule
Cons: unpaid days off and less than 40 hours per week with no benefits
Nice job but less than full time hours and no benefits. Start early and finish up late. work average of 6 hrs per day but must be available over 10 hrs per day with the unpaid in-between am & pm runs
The company I worked for was a great company
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), New Haven CTJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: buses were broke down and old
the company was a great company to work for. The employees were friendly.
Customer Service
First Student Transit (Current Employee), 700 S. SpringJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: mon- fri, weekly pay
Cons: early moring shift and cold buses
Transporting children to and from school safely. Customer service, after school activties, and charters. My job is very interesting and full of surprises and the unexpected.
Awesome Hours
School Bus driver (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: low hours
A bit stressful at times which is expected good pay for the hours that are worked but the hours are low

1 2 3