School District of Manatee County Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work if you have kids!
Technology Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palmetto, FLMarch 8, 2012
This is an amazing environment to work in if you have kids in schools. Sadly, the poor economy has made it hard to work in public education and this county plans to eliminate more jobs and cut salaries again. But our school has an incredible staff, wonderful, supportive administration and great kids. We have access to technology and resources that help kids really learn. Working with children daily is extremely rewarding.
Pros
working with kids with technology on a daily basis
Cons
very low pay and unstable year to year contracts
Masters Level Internship
School Social Worker - Intern (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 28, 2012
Completing my internship with Manatee County Schools was an excellent learning experience for me. I enjoyed working with high school aged students and allowing them to talk about their life stressors. Every day was different and I never knew what to expect.
Pros
speaking with the teens
Cons
no designated area for counseling and always hunting for a private space.
Awesome Nursing staff to work with in Manatee County Schools!
School Nurse, Clinic Nurse,Charter School Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 29, 2012
My time spent working within the Manatee County School District was educational, enjoyable, and enlightening. I loved being able to teach and share with students, staff and co-workers, my educational values and experience, as well as learn equally back from them. I have worked for the public, private and charter schools during my 12 year school health career. I have worked mostly with the Pre-K through 8th grade population. My work hours were always long and demanding, but worthwhile in the amount of appreciation I received back from coworkers, parents, students and supervisors. I am extremely thorough in my work and felt that my bachelor of science in Nursing assisted me greatly in my holistic care for staff and students. Communicating with the students and staff and assisting them in their health needs was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
the students!
Medicore Experience
Wellness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 8, 2014
There was more work expected of you that was in your job description and no opportunities for advancement. The Benefits were good, but compensation was below standards.
Pros
some flexibility
Cons
compensation, workload
An opportunity to learn a great deal.
Educator (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 14, 2014
I learned to be flexible and work tirelessly to accomplish multiple tasks in a demanding field to meet specific deadlines and complete specific tasks in order to meet a diverse population's needs.
Education
Information Access Programmer (Webmaster) (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLOctober 1, 2013
Education of students is their primary goal, at that, they are adequate but not exceptional. Many co-workers were very good people and worked hard to ensure that the students got what they needed.
The Opportunity to Make a Difference
Horizons Academy - Reading Coach (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FlMarch 9, 2014
In a typical day at my current job, I deal with many different issues that my students have. From learning disabilities, to behavior problems, gang activity, and mental illness. There are often times that teaching has to be placed on the back burner in order to handle behaviors that are going on within the classroom. I have gained a lot of experience in writing individual education plans, as well as working with Functional Behavior Assessments. I have used various reading programs to assist me in determing the reading levels of my students. This allows me to work within small groups to teach what each student needs. The hardest part of my job is the fact that I have little resources to support the needs of my students and their varying needs. These students are in an alternative setting and, again, behaviors often prevail and teaching suffers. What is most enjoyable about my position is that I do have a very strong relationship with my students. They trust me, and will work with me to increase their reading. They let their embarrassment go and really try to learn.
Pros
good benefits; small working environment
Cons
limited resources; not enough time to teach
No room to grow. Pay is very low. Equipment is not in good working order
Pest control inspector (Former Employee) –  Bradington FloridaFebruary 24, 2015
I went to work in the pest control department. I was told I was doing a great job several times. At the time we only had two employees we hired a 3rd employee. I never miss a day that was not earned. Out of the blue I was told I had a choice to be fired or I could resigned on my on I was forced into this decision the county never gave me a reason why I was no longer going to be employed there Except for that they did not thank I was a goold fit. I have over 15 years of experience in the industry and the 3rd person they hired did not have but 3 years. However I lost my job. I did like working for the county when I first started however I found that the only benefits were days off and good insurance after a while I just felt like a number like any other place they don't seem to care about experience knowledge or anything else there you'll be just a number just like I was. Do not apply for any job at the county if you thank that you're going to have job security because you they get rid of people for absolutely no reason and keep people there that are missed Fitts that have absolutely no training The hiring managers there have no clue who the good workers are and who the misfits they just get rid of people on the fly. I've done this company a great job. For this company and was told several times how well I was doing no warnings were given it any time to me that I was not doing my job however they forced me to resign do not go to work at this place you'll be in the same boat that I was
Pros
days off and insurance
Cons
salary, you will be just a number no salary increases no promotions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at School District of Manatee County. Our community is ready to answer.