School District of Palm Beach County Employee Reviews

Good job to gain experience
Elementary Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 17, 2017
Engaging and challenging workplace. Cooperative and collaborative colleague engagement. Bureaucracy and state government envolvement not supportive to authentically preparing students to be productive citizens and employees.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
To much bureaucracy
Stepping Stone
After School Counselor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 12, 2017
Good place for young adults to make decent earnings, or a part-time job for individuals who don't work long hours. Good place to help move within childcare industry.
Pine Jog Elementary School in Palm Beach County
Instructional Technology Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 5, 2017
One of the best places I've worked in my career. Excellent staff and administrators on board. This is a great job. Plenty of paid sick time and vacation days.
Pros
Vacation time, supervisors
Cons
Pay could be better.
Great place to work.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 9, 2017
Everyday is not the same. Workplace culture is great because it changes everyday. The most enjoyable part was helping the student learn concepts that were difficult for them to grasp.
Pros
Planning periods
Cons
healthcare
Fun workplace with the kids
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 8, 2017
I love being able to work with kids. It has been a dream for awhile ever since I was about 5 years old . Took a liking to it when I use to play teacher with my little brother and have loved kids ever since thwn
Out of touch with reality
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMay 6, 2017
This district is a cliché of poor public schools. Gross mismanagement of funding, no opportunity for raises or advancement, unrealistic expectation of results based on resources provided.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Terrible management, no support of employees, pay doesn't match work done, no room to advance
Horrible Environment
Bus Aide For Special Needs Students (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMarch 31, 2017
Overall The Job Is Okay Being That I Love Helping Others And I Love Children. The Employees Are Not So Warming , Management Shows Favortism And Makes Me Uncomfortable.
Not the best place to work at
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 13, 2017
bad job security, they didn't value your contributions to the company or the hard work you put in every day to be the best substitute teacher you could be. wouldnt recomend
Flexible Schedule
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLMarch 8, 2017
Being a substitute teacher allows you to choose what schools you want to work at and what days you want to work. It can be difficult at times if you are going into a new school or a new class, but once you get past that hurdle you can decide if you want to work there again. Most teachers are very helpful to subs so the support system is good.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
dealing with difficult students
Very productive
Community Language Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLNovember 13, 2016
Good environment to work if you enjoy to be around kids. Co-workers are sometimes friendly and fun to be around, some good days and some ok days.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
They schedule is always off, you probably end up doing double shift without even know it.
Interesting
Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 10, 2016
No need for a review. Every department is fun and interesting, however, be careful about politics. Co-workers are interesting and laid back, when nothing is being done.
Fulfilling Life Long Dream
Elementary School Teacher (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 3, 2016
In 8-years, I became a certified teacher with my own classroom. Preferring to teach lower grades, I found a knack for teaching children how to read. I loved it. However, working as a teacher in Florida is like being a hamster in a wheel. I lost my love of teaching in a classroom environment. In all, I am better off by accomplishing a goal I had almost given up on.
Pros
Seeing the "Light Bulb, " go on. Watching them achieve.
Cons
Many work from home hours to keep up with always changing.
Good Job out of College
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLSeptember 19, 2016
Perfect part time job to fit an otherwise busy schedule. Must be able to deal with kids and be able to take emotional abuse from them on a daily basis.
Working for the School District of Palm Beach County was an unforgettable experience.
Recycling & Energy Conservation Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 7, 2016
There was never a dull or uninteresting day. However, the hardest part of the job occurred when we changed shifts every week - one week on days, Monday through Friday, then one week on nights, Sunday through Thursday.
Review Summary
Part Time Testing Coordinator ( TABE & CASAS) (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLSeptember 1, 2016
Great learning experience, Networking, Full and Part Time Jobs
Many Departments
Increases skill sets
New Technology
Great Customer Service
Productive place to work
School Treasurer Roosevelt Elementary (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 10, 2016
A typical work day is not so typical because i work at an Elementary School! My current job in a nut shell is to manage the schools budget. I have learned a lot about bookkeeping.
stable environment
Choice Programs and IB Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 30, 2016
great place to start your career and have a family. A place where anyone can learn many aspects of a school operation. The hardest part is the compensation aspect as they are not keeping up with the inflation.
terrible place to work
fence teh (Former Employee) –  fence techJune 14, 2016
Don't waste your life like I did. The climate is very political, you're in or you're not. Medical insurance is pricey and covers very little.
Great place to motivate and inspire today's youth
Paraprofessional/Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 5, 2016
My colleagues are wonderful, especially the administration. Working with special needs students is like nothing in the world. They are unique and inspiring.
Pros
The hours, vacations and special days
Cons
better pay is needed.
Great District
SCHOOL SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 2, 2016
Great for kids, parents, and teachers. Great benefits, departments, opportunities to grow and change with the district.