School Professionals Employee Reviews

ok
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York City, NYJuly 9, 2016
I have been with school Professionals for approximately a year. I must honestly say this is by far the worst company. The personal Reps are extremely rude and inconsiderate. School Professionals exploit their clients, clients are paid very low wages and are unable to cancel an assignment if a family emergency arises. If you are considering a long term position as a substitute teacher for School Professionals, don't even waste your time; you will have all the responsibilities as a full time teacher, with the same low wages as a sub. Long-term subs have to attend meetings, meet with parents, create lesson plans, grade papers, and other responsibilities; you earn the same wages. Most of the schools you will be sent, are horrible. You are mistreated by School Professionals and also by the students at those high need schools with horrible kids. I would not recommend School Professionals to anyone. Working for School Professionals almost feel like you are being sucked by leeches. No benefits for you tireless work. The personal Reps are disheartening and ridiculous; They are trained to be cold hearted and horrible towards substitute teachers. The Reps constantly threaten the subs.
If you enjoy being exploited and treated like poorly, please work for Schools Professionals; you will not be disappointed because they will exploit you to pieces and treat you worst than roaches. If you are scheduled to work at 7:30 and your child, mother, father, or any of your family members is in serious need, you better not call an hour before you are scheduled to work. forget your love ones or you
  more... will be terminated.  less
Pros
really doesnt matter/Low wages and mistreatment either way
Cons
really doesn't matter/Low wages and kmistreatment either way
Excellent workplace with great co-workers.
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2016
It is a great experience working with school professionals. I learned how to manage kids at different schools. Also, how different school has different rules and regulations.
The hardest part of this job is traveling, I have to travel everyday in different school.
Pros
Great opportunity to know different schools.
Cons
Not enough work hours.
Very poor business practice
Substitute Teacher - Grades Pre-K to 5 (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2016
There is a reason why the office is always busy interviewing people for new openings. There is a high turnover at this company because this company does not value it's employees or treat them with any respect and fairness. There is no union, no one to protect you as the employee, and if false claims are made about your performance there is nothing you can do about it. No one from the company takes an objective role. It's always the client's word against your word and you have no say in the matter PERIOD. This is not the way to treat employees. In my opinion this is poor business practice and terribly unfair treatment to others.
Pros
Steady work, flexible schedule, direct deposit
Cons
no support, Agency staff tend to be rude/incompetent
office desk and chair
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 31, 2016
Well a typical day will be busy with calls
learned to be very time management
manager will walk the floor and make sure everything going well
co-worker busy taking calls
The most enjoyable part of the work was helping customers by solving their problems.
Pros
good job note or certificate
Cons
extra hour lunch or break
flexible schedule is one of the only benefits
substitute teacher (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYJanuary 23, 2016
Working here provides flexibility, but the benefits program they boast about, many subs do not qualify for. Pay is $120-$140 a day for a certified teacher, pay depends on length of day.
Pros
Take days off when you want
Cons
condescending bosses
flexible assignments, you pick and choose your availability, and you enter your paid assignments.
Substitute Teacher/Assistant teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2015
Numerous opportunities to go from temp to full-time. Working with school professionals gives you the opportunity to choose what days you can and can't work.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
little to no assignments in the summer time.
Progessive and A great place to empower change within the Department of Education
Financial Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 5, 2015
On arrival, I would first conduct basic administrative work. Answering phone calls, making copies, answering emails in timely fashion. Then I would contact superintendents and principals of the many Title 1 school districts in the city to see if they were inline with the grant protocol set by the chancellor.

Management was very supportive as well as instructive. they were concise in what the asked for which made my job a lot easier to manage myself.

The hardest part of the job was juggling the info and analytics of many schools from all 32 districts within the city at once. There was a lot of moving pieces to the different tasks I conducted like progress reports and analysis of finances within there respective schools. As time progressed, I became more acclimated to the process and the confidence in my work showed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that because of our analysis and careful considerations in school reports, underprivileged students in poverty stricken communities were getting the best materials and grants they needed in order to progress and succeed with there studies.
Great
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2015
Counted store's daily revenue; made daily cash deposits to the bank; prepared start up money for registers; reformed general administrative
Organized and well structured workplace
Teacher/Tutor Grades K-12 (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2015
I have been employed by the company for over six years. I have had a variety of assignments within the field of education and in business and administration.
Substitute teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2015
They always have assignments available for subs. Good benefits. Only bad thing is they have an attitude when you need to cancel assignments.
ample work opportunities
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  new York NYJune 27, 2014
I work for them as a substitute for a few months now. I am a certified teacher. I literally have an opportunity to work every school day if i choose. the pay rate varies based on the school day, a typical school day is $120 a day. extended days are usually $140 a day. Both rates are fro certified teachers.

If you have yourself available on their automated system you can get phone calls as early as 5am by their automated system.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
inefficient procedures
Rigerous Work with a Relaxed Hourly Schedule
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2014
This is the type of job where you take charge and make the most of your time. Although you are not required to work daily, the more you work, the more you receive. The company helps you mostly with finding a job placement and making that information accessible to you and the rest is up to the individual working.
Life of a Sub
Temp (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2013
Pretty good temp agency. I was always full of assignments. Nevertheless I like a more permanent job
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no stable environment
very good company
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2013
Really good company. They always offer me long term positions. I wouldn't have a job without this place.
Good Experience
Substitute Teacher -Preschoolers/Kindergarteners (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2013
Good contacts to schools. Good experience for first time teacher and also experience teachers gets to work beyond their own abilities and skills.
Pros
flexible schedule, good holidays, good reputation.
Cons
lack work at times, morning rush to jobs
Supportive work place
Substitute Teacher/ Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2013
I worked with small groups of students who had IEPs. Though it was challenging I learned to always find a solution to problem that arise and persevere. The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching students and helping learn and become smarter everyday!!
An environment in which I can utilize my skills to assist others.
Substitute Teacher Or Health Teacher, MS (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYMay 22, 2013
As part of my present position I daily travel to various schools to provide coverage to absent teachers. In order to be an effective substitute teacher, I usually introduce myself then restate the school’s expectation and mine. Any student who fails to adhere to the desired expectation is given the school recommended opportunities to make the necessary correction. Pupils that fail to make the necessary changes experience the immediate consequences. The most challenging aspect of this position is not being at the same school more than twice in the same week or even month; the result is that when I return the process of restating the expectations starts once again. The most appealing aspect about this type of position is that students are often inquisitive about my personal life. I really don’t get offended. In fact, I often use it to my advantage. I would say that if you want to know the answer to that question you and your class must complete all your work. And you would be surprised as to how effective this has proven to be!
Pros
experience of new people on a daily basis
Cons
lack of stability
great
consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2012
they're awesome and find work for me. good company for consulting. takes interest. great people
Love the atmosphere around the children
Teacher Attendants (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2012
i would go in to work and place all paperwork for the teachers on the table and settle all the children down for snack and school work.

I have learn working with school professionals is being patient and learning different things everyday.

I learned how to manage paperwork, students testing, and how to manage time.

My co-workers were very professional ,easy to talk to and work with.

Hardest part of my job was having the children seat and not get up and run around.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the children happy at the end of the day
substitute teacher
Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2012
subbing in low-income, diverse charter middle schools in the South and West Bronx
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short notice

School Professionals Reviews by Location