School Professionals Employee Reviews

Inconsiderate Management staff
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
I was late due to sickness and they refused to waive their policies. I spent years working in that company as a temporary Substitute Teacher with low pay and no benefits.
Was assigned too many schools and with no gratification when I arrived at the schools. Schools were extremely ungrateful for a caring Substitute Teacher.
Pay More
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2017
School Professional provides felixiable work . They need to pay more money for some assignments especially schools with special needs , poor management and bad students.
Productive environment
CIR P311 (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 12, 2017
great work environment, friendly people, lots of different job opportunities, I love helps the parents that call in to register their children in school
Great experience
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2017
Representatives developed relationships with you in order to know what jobs you were suitable for and would also recommend jobs to you. Flexibility is amazing and incentives! Overall great experiences.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Travel
Loved the children!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 29, 2017
Typical day at work was never a typical day, anything could happen. I dealt with various children, some on the spectrum and some in regular programs. My favorite children were on the spectrum. Extremely unique and bright! They made my days. Progress with them meant everything to me.
Amazing people and easy going environment
Assistant Teacher, P.S (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2017
A typical day at my job would be providing direct instructional tasks to children . I learned how to be leader of 25 or more children. Im able to provide leadership and assist the children in work that may be confusing for them. The workplace culture is energetic and team work oriented. The hardest part of the job is making sure that all the students get along to have a well managed environment. The most enjoyable part is when a student finally gets some clarity on something they've been struggling with.
Pros
great staff
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 3, 2017
It's a great place to work.Very flexible and rewarding to their staff. Its also a great learning experience even with having credentials because your gaining more knowledge and insight on teaching children.
Solid, but the compensation isn't enough
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2017
Nice people who really care about the people they employ, but the pay is just no enough for the job you do and the type of students you encounter. I do love getting to know the different schools and going back to see the same students, though.
productive work place
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 5, 2017
At school professional gives each employer the opportunity to pick a schedule that works for them. It's not a grantee that you will get a position to work everyday as a substitute teacher or a tutor. I enjoy teaching which is why I like this position though I do wish there was more work available in the flied of education that I have experience with. There aren't a lot of elementary opportunities for me which is why I find it hard to apply for certain position that are offered weekly.
Temp job for teachers
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2017
This is a flexible job opportunity for teachers looking to get into the education field. It gives you a good feel for what the private and public education system is like before you commit full time to it.
Good In-Between Teaching Job
Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2017
You get some stability working as a sub for this company, if you are out of work as a full-time teacher. This company provides no benefits however, including health, or any type of vacation pay. The pay is ridiculously low at all levels, even if you work all five days you will never make ends meet unless you have a rich spouse or a second job. The reps treat the teachers horribly at this job and will regularly blame you for any possible thing that may go wrong at the assignment. I would not recommend working here unless you are truly desperate for money.
Pros
Some work Stability
Cons
Low Pay and Poor Treatment
Really Cool
Teachers Aid (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2017
I enjoy work for the school that school professionals placed me. From 9 to 10:50 myself and the rest of the TAs do miscellaneous stuff around the school from Delivering packages to assisting teacher in class. After that 11-2 we coach kids and watch them and help them if they need help.
a very interesting job
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2017
As a substitute teacher, your typical day is to show up at the school to which you are assigned, and carry out the duties of the teacher whose place you are taking for the day. A good day is highly dependent on the students and the way they respond to you.
Pros
flexibility and choices in terms of assignments
Cons
hardly any benefits
Good, temporary company to work for
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2017
While inbetween teaching position, I substituted at NYC public, private and charter schools. You could work every day of the week if you so desired. Your phone rings off the hook for available daily, sometimes longer term, positions. The staff at School Professionals was always professional and answered any questions quickly. I recommend this place of employment if substituting fits your needs.
Pros
Can work as often or as infrequently as desired
Cons
phone rings off the hook every morning
Fun place to work with kids and learn!
UPK Substitute Teacher/Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2016
Everyday at work is like an adventure! working with children as young as two can be challenging but its a fun challenge. I love substituting because its something different to do everyday and gives me and opportunity to learn so much more about the world of working with children. I can move around the city and meet all types of teachers and children. Teachers have helped me learn more about teaching and supervising children which has made my confidence in supervising children grow immensely. My special needs students have been my challenge due to them needing literally non stop attention and care, but none the less its has made me a stronger teacher and my love for children grow stronger. Everything about working with children makes me happy inside and out.
Pros
playing games with kids, story time, music and movement.
Cons
no paid vacation
Flexible work environment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2016
This is a flexible job. An assignment is always available. You are given a personal representative who is very helpful with relaying information. The hardest part of the job is during holidays the assignments are non existent.
Great way to gain experience
Substitute UPK Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2016
I have learned so much since I began working as a substitute teacher. The schedule is flexible and I work when I want to.

One drawback is that they claim they pay referral bonuses to employees who refer prospective clients /employees. Not true. I made a referral, and I am still waiting to be paid several months later. I made several enquiries about my bonus, but it seems my representative is evading the issue.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Some False advertising
Provides teaching experience and exposure to different schools.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2016
A typical work day is defined by the hours and days one wants to work. That is a plus. I learned different teaching strategies when working with other teachers. The hardest part of the job would be managing classrooms that lack structure provided by the permanent teacher. Only complaint is that there is no work in the summer.
This agency allows me to teach in a variety of different settings and to explore opportunities beyond the classroom.
NYC, NY Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2016
This agency allows me to teach in various school throughout the five boroughs in New York. I have the opportunity to work with children and people from different backgrounds and cultures. My passion for the children and their studies has pushed me to give 100% of myself whenever I walk into a classroom I have learned to be a better communicator, resolve conflicts, encourager, and team player.
Pros
I enjoy the exchange with the children.
Cons
I do not get paid of holidays for vacation days.
Great for gaining experience
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2016
Great for gaining experience. The workers are very professional and keep you updated for any future jobs. You can work your own schedule and choose the schools you wish to work at.