School Professionals

School Professionals Employer Reviews

Rigerous Work with a Relaxed Hourly Schedule
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 23, 2014
This is the type of job where you take charge and make the most of your time. Although you are not required to work daily, the more you work, the more you receive. The company helps you mostly with finding a job placement and making that information accessible to you and the rest is up to the individual working.
Life of a Sub
Temp (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 8, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no stable environment
Pretty good temp agency. I was always full of assignments. Nevertheless I like a more permanent job
very good company
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 29, 2013
Really good company. They always offer me long term positions. I wouldn't have a job without this place.
Good Experience
Substitute Teacher -Preschoolers/Kindergarteners (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 22, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, good holidays, good reputation.
Cons: lack work at times, morning rush to jobs
Good contacts to schools. Good experience for first time teacher and also experience teachers gets to work beyond their own abilities and skills.
Supportive work place
Substitute Teacher/ Paraprofessional (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 16, 2013
I worked with small groups of students who had IEPs. Though it was challenging I learned to always find a solution to problem that arise and persevere. The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching students and helping learn and become smarter everyday!!
An environment in which I can utilize my skills to assist others.
Substitute Teacher Or Health Teacher, MS (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, NYMay 22, 2013
Pros: experience of new people on a daily basis
Cons: lack of stability
As part of my present position I daily travel to various schools to provide coverage to absent teachers. In order to be an effective substitute teacher, I usually introduce myself then restate the school’s expectation and mine. Any student who fails to adhere to the desired expectation is given the school recommended opportunities to make the necessary – more... correction. Pupils that fail to make the necessary changes experience the immediate consequences. The most challenging aspect of this position is not being at the same school more than twice in the same week or even month; the result is that when I return the process of restating the expectations starts once again. The most appealing aspect about this type of position is that students are often inquisitive about my personal life. I really don’t get offended. In fact, I often use it to my advantage. I would say that if you want to know the answer to that question you and your class must complete all your work. And you would be surprised as to how effective this has proven to be! – less
great
consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 26, 2012
they're awesome and find work for me. good company for consulting. takes interest. great people
Love the atmosphere around the children
Teacher Attendants (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2012
i would go in to work and place all paperwork for the teachers on the table and settle all the children down for snack and school work.

I have learn working with school professionals is being patient and learning different things everyday.

I learned how to manage paperwork, students testing, and how to manage time.

My co-workers were very professional – more... ,easy to talk to and work with.

Hardest part of my job was having the children seat and not get up and run around.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the children happy at the end of the day – less
substitute teacher
Classroom Teacher (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 21, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: short notice
subbing in low-income, diverse charter middle schools in the South and West Bronx

July 1, 2013

I recently worked with Schools Professionals in New York City. I am a certified teacher who needed to temporarily step away from full time teaching. I did get exposure to charter and private schools that were great. Unfortunately, the worst part of working with Schools Professionals was having to talk to the representatives. I often found them incredibly condescending! They often speak to substitute teachers as if they are about 5 years old. And they truly seem to not trust the people whom they've hired as substitute teachers. In a nutshell, I found the representatives at this company extremely annoying and am so glad to be done with them. Anyone who is a true professional should leave this company alone, or else be prepared to be spoken to as if you lack common sense.

Temp agency
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 24, 2012
The people could've been more helpful, but I did teach a lot, which was good.
Often last minute.
Teacher, Charter schools substitute, N.Y (Current Employee), NY areaJune 1, 2012
Pros: you can set your own availability
Cons: low pay, unpredictable environments, little support for teachers
A typical day at work includes accepting a job the night before for only a day a time. Often not sure what to expect. If you accept a job at a school to substitute a particular grade or subject, it can easily change.
Every school has different rules for both students and teachers.
You must be quick to adapt to new situations.

About School Professionals

We are a state-licensed bartending school that has been training Cincinnati's best bartenders from the same location since 1986. – Read more