School of Nursing

School of Nursing Employer Reviews

Enjoyed working with this Department.
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: everyone was treated with respect regardless of your position.
Cons: i don't have any.
This Department kept you busy and gave a variety of responsibilities which kept be interested. I only left so that I could advance to another position. I would work with them again.
Productive work
Grader/N603 (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 23, 2014
The typical job of grader is grading students assignments and answering students' questions. Since this class is about how to do data analysis in SPSS software, I can have a chance to review my skill and knowledge about statistics. That is very helpful for my research work. Since this class did not have teach assistant, sometimes, I need to answer students' questions about their assignments. That is a great experience of interaction with students.
Great opportunity
Administrative Analyst (Current Employee), san francisco, ca 94143June 5, 2014
Pros: here is the best place to work!
Cons: not hiring permanently
UCSF is heavily based in a strong dedication to a pleasant environment and friendly interaction with others.

Get ready for a life-changing experience. Working at UCSF is not only fun, rewarding, and gratifying, it is also an opportunity to learn and grow, and find a whole new outlook on life.
Good place, good people
Research Associate (Former Employee), West Lafayette, INMarch 4, 2014
people are inspiring. Really care about health problems, and really want to solve those problems and contribute to this society.
A wonderful place to work at
Secretary (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJanuary 27, 2014
I provided comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to colleagues and bring efficiency, reliability and accuracy to the office.
Great Learning experience
Computer Support Student Assistant (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 27, 2013
I worked as a student assistant, but there was great room for development and new projects to undertake.
Learned a lot about technology in nursing.
IT manager (Former Employee), SFA State UniversityNovember 16, 2013
Maintained several hundred computers and complex mannequins used by the Nursing students and faculty.
Productive and fun place with School of Nursing, UNCW
Graduate Assistant, Tech (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCApril 1, 2013
The Job is very interesting and also challenging. Most times, I work more hours than the required shift based on the assigned duties giving to me by the professors I am assisting. I basically redesign and manage courses online through Blackboard LMS for 2 professors. I also work with 3 other GA's and it has being fun having a good time with them. The job is interesting to me because its part of my field, as an Instructional designer. So, I will say, I am having an opportunity to practice what I learnt in class. I also keep a day to day record of all my activities and tasks giving to me in a folder for references when the need arises. Most times, I misunderstand the some tasks giving to me by my professors, and so, it takes more than the required days to fix it up. For instance, redesigning a course shell. That is a 3 weeks job, and it has so many sub-tasks. Most times, I finish up the job in 2 weeks and sometimes more weeks if I miss a task from the list of tasks, and such task is very difficult to figure out.
desk job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 4, 2013
This job gave me an insight of what goes into developing a school and how to handle the different queries put forward by the students. made me more confident and smart.
desk job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 4, 2013
Its very productive and enguaging..
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Wilmington NCNovember 25, 2012
The Job is multitasking and has helped to develop my personal skills in these areas:

• Providing technology assistance to staff
• Providing support to faculty and enhanced teaching
• Working with professors in School of Nursing on special projects.
• Helping faculty/staff with technology issue
• SPSS Data Management/Analysis
• Power Point Presentations
• Teacher Assistant: Redesigning and Managing Online Courses with Blackboard Learn 9.1 and WebEx. (Capstone Project).
• MindView 4
Enjoyed my job and was productive in teaching, caring and research. I had excellent relationship with the students , colleagues and staff.
LECTURER (Former Employee), College of Nursing, KuwaitOctober 14, 2012
Pros: occassional free launches and christmas bonuses
Worked Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm. Each day had several challenges( lectures,faculty meeting, conferences, supervision in clinical settings and extra curricula activities). Although schedules for lectures were made in advance, but there were many ad hoc committee engagements that warranted adjustments in the schedules.
I derived lots of joy from teaching the students and we were really friends.My greatest challenge was on counseling students who had poor academic performance and thought they could get through because the good teacher -student relationship. However, eventually most of them realized their mistakes and pulled through successfully.
I was also involved in research and supervision of students' projects. We organized local and international conferences. On the while i enjoyed the job and had a lot positive influence on the students and faculty. Meeting the organizational goals of excellence in caring, teaching and research were paramount in my undertakings throughout.
Work Study Program
Office Aid (Former Employee), Athens, OHApril 29, 2012
Good part-time job while in college. Never too busy, steady paced job.
School of Nursing implemented a good summer program for children.
Secretary (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 24, 2012
The team of personnel that managed the day to day task of our summer program for students did a good job that enable the program to be renewed for 2 years consecutively.

The Prinicipal Investigator (PI) trained the support staff efficiently to be able to run the program in absence of the PI. The team coordinated various vendors/entertainment for the summer programs, which led to a successful program.