School of Rock's early childhood education program, Little Wing, introduces children to the fundamentals of music while helping them reach their developmental milestones. Little Wing offers weekly classes featuring exciting musical activities that blend music, science and fun for 3-5 year olds.
The Little Wing Music Teacher must create a warm, supportive and inspiring environment for young musicians under the age of 6 in weekly classes. Classes take place at School of Rock locations in addition to offsite locations at partner businesses, such as community preschools and daycare centers.
- He or she will be an effective communicator regarding the values and benefits of our program in an inspiring way.
- Able to teach the Little Wing program in a fun and engaging manner to keep the Little Wing participants moving through the educational program.
- Demonstrate a warm command of the lesson room and be capable of communicating students’ musical progress to parents.
- Enthusiastic, with high energy, yet persistently calm in their dealing with kids and parents,
- Relates well to parents and kids, and has a pleasant voice,
- Happy person with a positive demeanor on the phone and in person; someone who smiles often,
- Understands the basics of music (pitch & beat) but doesn’t need to be a musician,
- May have had a theatrical past and understands how to engage an audience; A dance, or vocals background is a plus but not required,
- Has a passion for and experience working with children under the age of six (6),
- Is organized and prepared, and
- Having Educational credits in early childhood development is a plus but not required.