We (at SchoolAdmin) are looking for a ruby on rails developer. Our product is a new breed of web-based software for schools. We are shaking up an industry, and need another teammate to help us take this on.
You would be responsible for designing and writing code, and making sure that everything you build is high quality and maintainable. You would be part of a lean, agile team, who chooses intentional, rapid iteration over perfection in planning. We would expect you to learn quickly, and become proficient in the full web stack (from DB to UI markup).
We'll give you a lot of responsibility and ownership; we are big believers in the power of good judgment. We’d ask you to give and receive feedback -- both in terms of development and in how to make things better. We like things that are well tested and maintainable.
The ideal person is:
- Flexible and gets things done
- Smart and able to solve complex problems
- Talented at writing elegant, efficient, and maintainable code
- On top of new technologies and how to use them
- Always learning and finding ways to do things better
The more hands-on experience you have in each of these areas, the better:
- Ruby on Rails (or other web frameworks like Django, etc.)
- Open source DBs (MongoDB and MySQL especially)
Bonus points if you’ve built websites as a side project or contributed to the open-source community.