Schoolcraft College Employee Reviews in United States

This position has provided a great work experience
Prep Chef (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 20, 2016
My experience has been very rewarding. I'm working with a great group of people.
This is a professional work place.
I'm proud to be working with a great organization.
Pros
Great coworkers
Great work
Part time instructor for CAD and GD&T (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 2, 2015
I like teaching and working with my students passing along any knowledge that I can do advance their careers and life. Management is great. I have to put in a lot of long hours outside my lecture but it is well worth it.
Pros
In bettering my students I also have the opportunity to better myself.
Cons
Lots of long hours
Great First Job Experience
Schoolcraft College Office of Student Activities (Former Employee) –  Livonia MISeptember 9, 2015
It was a great first job for someone with no work experience. I got to meet great people and made friends. I loved the fun, laid back atmosphere.
Pros
Great way to meet students
Cons
n/a
Tutor
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MIMay 25, 2015
Basically , I have to teach the student who has hard time to understand Accounting and Math. student know me from my teaching style . my target was ask more question to open their trouble.
Excellent place to work
Teacher assistant/Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MiMay 16, 2015
On a daily basis I am helping the chef with teaching the students how to prepare dishes correctly to be sold at the Cafe. I make stocks, demis, and many other dishes. I stock the fridges and par stock each day. Working with the students and the chef is a great experience. I have learned to make many different types of food.
Pros
Free lunches
Phlebotomist/Patient Care Technician
Patient Care Technician, Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  garden city, miMarch 22, 2015
Busy atmosphere, challenging workdays include working with infants and the elderly. Drawing blood, labs and cultures. organizing the office with supplies needed frequently. Friendly faces, comfortable atmosphere for all. Soothing patients with therapeutic communication so they are not worried. Constant learning and new challenges.
Pros
making the process with patients very patient and calming.
Cons
challenging patients
good place to work for a student in college
Banquet server (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 28, 2015
fun job managers are even nice
liked all the coworkers good place to meet new people and make some extra money
loved watching the chefs cook in the kitchen
liked helping to set up for night events it was very fun
Pros
free lunch on breaks!
Not a real job.
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  livonia, miFebruary 27, 2015
Being a student aide at schoolcraft college is the type of gig you would want if mommy and daddy still payed for everything for you. if you were not worried about car payments, insurance, or other bills like buying lunch on a daily basis or gas expenses. the basics. $8/hour, and you were limited to only working up to 25 hours per week.
Cons
bob hudson
Productive work environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 21, 2014
Excellent place of employment. Developed new learning techniques for student success.
Very comfortable and welcoming environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 15, 2014
Schoolcraft has one of the most comfortable and welcoming environment. The employees are very nice and helpful. It is also a fun place to work, and I highly recommend this workplace to anyone.
Pros
welcome back and end of semester brunch
Cons
expensive lunch
Flexable Hours but no real money to be made
Student Assistant - Media Technician (Former Employee) –  livonia, miMay 30, 2014
You bassically play around in the computer until a teacher needs assistance with turning on a overhead projector... Worst part about thejob is you can only work 25hrs a week and its $8.50 an hour
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay, management
Excellent place to work.
Bookstore Associate (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MichiganMay 7, 2014
A typical day at work would include assisting customers with finding and purchasing items. Together with my co-workers, we would maintain a happy, clean, and easy going atmosphere. The position was not hard at all. It was customer service oriented, the best part being dealing with various types of people.
Pros
excellent breaks
Cons
limited hours available to students
Tj-maxx
Lab tech (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 16, 2014
I loved working at tj-maxx I grew while working at tj-maxx. This job made me understand what great customer services is.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
shorts hours
Keeps you busy!
Assistant Inventory Auditor (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 22, 2014
Always running around place to place, enough for anyone who loves a lot of things to do in one day
There is always a new and different design project.
Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 19, 2013
I love to do graphic design work for Schoolcraft College. The nature of the work changes and grows as technology does. I enjoy learning new technology that helps and improves work flow and project management. I learn something new every day. I am always engaged and interested in every new project.
Pros
we get very nice invitations to the american harvest restaurant on campus.
Very Easy
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 17, 2013
Very Easy job and very nice managers. It's a fun job especially when it's working with the school offices, you understand how the school runs it's programs and evaluates them, which helps you do better at school too.
Manageable
Computer Lab Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 28, 2013
It is quiet a easy work. I just have to assign computers to students, and answer phone calls. I can do my class homework too.
Tutor & t.A.
Tutor in biology and mathematics; T.A. in Biology (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 19, 2013
Tutored biology and math in Learning Assistance Center; as a T.A., assisted students in biology labs in the techniques of microscopy, the experimental method, lab procedures and protocols and more.
Pros
helped reinforce knowledge base, exposed me to variety of learning methods, allowed me to give back to the community.
Cons
the salary
Tutor
Tutor/Student (Current Employee) –  Garden City, MIMay 7, 2013
Working as a tutor is a wonderful and fulfilling job. I work with and along side other students.I get to learn and teach at the same time. I started out as a student aide then as I have taken classes, began tutoring at our Learning Assistance Center.

I work along with other great people. We all work together or individually as needed. I have two immediate bosses with two others at main campus. There is not one unkind word I could say about any of them. Everyone I work with is great.

I have worked with people who have special needs. Having done test readings, and using props when needed. As long as they are learning what I have been able to, it is a good feeling.

The job goes along with the school year and they work with your classes.

I am a people person! I go out of my way and am willing to work hard and learn new things.
Pros
working with people, working and going to school at the same time
Cons
we close during the summer months
Schoolcraft College
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 23, 2013
I loved working here. A typical day art work included covering, labeling, stamping and putting away books, seperating mail, studying in my spare time and/or cleaning whenever possible. I learned that perfection can be possible when working amongst others. I loved my co-workers we actuallly stay in touch whenever possible. My supervisor was very patient, understanding and very encouraging. The hardest part of the job was nothing,,,,,I reallyejoyed working here. The most enjoyable part of the job was covering, stamping, labeling and putting away books.
Pros
learning patience

4.5