Schoolcraft College

Schoolcraft College Employer Reviews

Flexable Hours but no real money to be made
Student Assistant - Media Technician (Former Employee), livonia, miMay 30, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: pay, management
You bassically play around in the computer until a teacher needs assistance with turning on a overhead projector... Worst part about thejob is you can only work 25hrs a week and its $8.50 an hour
Excellent place to work.
Bookstore Associate (Former Employee), Livonia, MichiganMay 7, 2014
Pros: excellent breaks
Cons: limited hours available to students
A typical day at work would include assisting customers with finding and purchasing items. Together with my co-workers, we would maintain a happy, clean, and easy going atmosphere. The position was not hard at all. It was customer service oriented, the best part being dealing with various types of people.
Tj-maxx
Lab tech (Current Employee), Livonia, MIApril 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: shorts hours
I loved working at tj-maxx I grew while working at tj-maxx. This job made me understand what great customer services is.
Keeps you busy!
Assistant Inventory Auditor (Former Employee), Livonia, MIJanuary 22, 2014
Always running around place to place, enough for anyone who loves a lot of things to do in one day
There is always a new and different design project.
Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Livonia, MIOctober 19, 2013
Pros: we get very nice invitations to the american harvest restaurant on campus.
I love to do graphic design work for Schoolcraft College. The nature of the work changes and grows as technology does. I enjoy learning new technology that helps and improves work flow and project management. I learn something new every day. I am always engaged and interested in every new project.
Very Easy
Student Employee (Former Employee), Livonia, MIOctober 17, 2013
Very Easy job and very nice managers. It's a fun job especially when it's working with the school offices, you understand how the school runs it's programs and evaluates them, which helps you do better at school too.
Manageable
Computer Lab Receptionist (Current Employee), Livonia, MISeptember 28, 2013
It is quiet a easy work. I just have to assign computers to students, and answer phone calls. I can do my class homework too.
TUTOR & T.A.
Tutor in biology and mathematics; T.A. in Biology (Former Employee), Livonia, MIAugust 19, 2013
Pros: helped reinforce knowledge base, exposed me to variety of learning methods, allowed me to give back to the community.
Cons: the salary
Tutored biology and math in Learning Assistance Center; as a T.A., assisted students in biology labs in the techniques of microscopy, the experimental method, lab procedures and protocols and more.
TUTOR
Tutor/Student (Current Employee), Garden City, MIMay 7, 2013
Pros: working with people, working and going to school at the same time
Cons: we close during the summer months
Working as a tutor is a wonderful and fulfilling job. I work with and along side other students.I get to learn and teach at the same time. I started out as a student aide then as I have taken classes, began tutoring at our Learning Assistance Center.

I work along with other great people. We all work together or individually as needed. I have two immediate – more... bosses with two others at main campus. There is not one unkind word I could say about any of them. Everyone I work with is great.

I have worked with people who have special needs. Having done test readings, and using props when needed. As long as they are learning what I have been able to, it is a good feeling.

The job goes along with the school year and they work with your classes.

I am a people person! I go out of my way and am willing to work hard and learn new things. – less
Schoolcraft College
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Livonia, MIApril 23, 2013
Pros: learning patience
I loved working here. A typical day art work included covering, labeling, stamping and putting away books, seperating mail, studying in my spare time and/or cleaning whenever possible. I learned that perfection can be possible when working amongst others. I loved my co-workers we actuallly stay in touch whenever possible. My supervisor was very patient, – more... understanding and very encouraging. The hardest part of the job was nothing,,,,,I reallyejoyed working here. The most enjoyable part of the job was covering, stamping, labeling and putting away books. – less
Childcare assistant
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee), Livonia, MIMarch 18, 2013
I would go to work at 3 with a big smile on my face to make the children feel comfortable. I would help prepare the table for activities. Before we go out play I would read for them. I learned a lot about patience and to always be on the alert for a child safely. I was a leader as my lead teacher would like to call me. She loved to have me as an assistant – more... because I was never scared to jump in situation when the children were fighting. The hardest part of the job was if I didn’t satisfy the children enough. The best part of my job was to see the smile on the children face. – less
Scholarly work environment,
Tutor Specialist (Former Employee), Livonia, MIDecember 5, 2012
Pros: develop teaching skills, in groups as individually
Cons: wok will ended when i completed my classes
I was busy assisting the professors in their classes, I recognize my ability and specialty in relating wit people with disabilities. Management was hardly seeing, we were students and coworkers the environment was busy but work cooperatively. There wasn't no a hard part mostly of what I did was enjoyable and rewarding.
Productive and fun workplace
College Work Study Student (Current Employee), Livonia, MIOctober 1, 2012
Great opportunity to meet new people and to interact with cultures not of your own while being surrounded by an intellectual enviorment.
A great place to get some good work experience
Art Department Lab Technician (Former Employee), Livonia, MISeptember 23, 2012
I really enjoyed my time here, I found the staff and professors very kind and professional, and willing to help me with my art. They took a huge interest in me, and I will miss working there.
Working in a computer lab
Associate in Applied Science, Health Transfer (Current Employee), Livonia, MIAugust 11, 2012
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: not enough hours
I worked in the computer lab at Schoolcraft College the whole time I was a student there. This was a good job for me because I could keep up with my school work and have a stress free job. I liked this job a lot.
Busy Doctors Office
Pros: 1 hour lunch break
Cons: i wasn't getting paid
I did 180 hours of Medical Assisting externship experience at Westland Sports Medicine Center. It was a nice place to work at. The office was fast paced and I learned many skills while there.
Great administrative support and appreciation
Adjunct College Professor (Current Employee), Livonia, MIMay 19, 2012
I appreciate how the college stands behind its faculty to protect their academic integrity in teaching their subject matter.