Schoolcraft College Employee Reviews

Great school and great program.
Coding Practicums (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MIApril 6, 2017
The Coding practicums were to give some practical experience using the 3M encoder and coding medical records. I used the coding guidelines to properly code medical charts and establish the correct ICD-10 CM and PCS procedure codes. We also did outpatient coding using CPT.
Casual Lifeguard Position
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 9, 2017
Laid back, but professional environment, that has given me valuable communication skills between coworkers, as well as, patrons. I have learned to deal with high stress situations while remaining calm, and acting proficiently. The hardest part of the job is handling patrons unwilling to follow pool rules. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with people of all races, ethnicity, and ages. Great job for students looking to make money while juggling a challenging course schedule.
Pros
5-10 minute break every hour, starting pay is $10/hour, management supports staff and encourages a healthy environment
Cons
Short hours
I taught English as a Second Language for the summer last year.
Professor of English (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 11, 2017
Teaching ESL was a rewarding job but the pay was far below what an instructor with a Master degree should earn. Management was supportive. Workplace culture was also good.
Great Experience
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Livonia, Michigan 48152January 9, 2017
Enjoyed working as a Student Ambassador and Video Production Club Crew Member at Schoolcraft College. Good balance, scholarships, and atmosphere.
Awesome place to work and to go to school
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 9, 2016
Working at college is really good you allowed to work and gain your degree all in one and have time to even have fun and make great contacts and eat good food
Pros
good working environment
Cons
Weak School Leadership (Biology Dept.)
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 18, 2016
A long story short:
1. Fakely intelligent and unfriendly environment... You are a number there...
2. Administrative management, some faculty members, and tech support need immediate replacement and reorganization...
3. etc.
Pros
Facilities
Cons
Chuck, Elaine, Nickolas, ...
Great Employment Start
Work Study Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 18, 2016
Schoolcraft College has given me the necessary skills to thrive in an office setting as well as learning to work on a team and excellent customer service skills.
Great school, great job!
Orientation Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 7, 2016
I loved working as an orientation leader. Each shift I was able to exercise my skills as a trustworthy and knowledgeable leader with the goal of informing prospective students about Schoolcraft College. Through ice breaker games, PowerPoint presentations, and campus tours I learned about how to answer questions directly and precisely while adding my own personal experience and how to say "I don't know" and refer the question to someone who could answer efficiently. Working alongside my involved and happy manager and my passionate coworkers made for a productive, beneficial, and fun environment for all. The hardest part of the job was the pay- it was not enough to sustain my living needs and I had to work more than one job. However, the job was so enjoyable in every aspect, it was worth it.
Excellent Experience teaching students english
Adjunct English Professor (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 11, 2016
Typically I will manage a classroom of 30 students or slightly less, and teach the subject of English composition or on occasion literature or business English. I have learned mostly more innovative ways to communicate my lessons, and engage students. The University is well run, the co-workers I do interact with are friendly enough but as an Adjunct Professor I am usually working alone and have little time on campus outside of teaching. The hardest part of the job but also most rewarding is to perform the job with enthusiasm no matter what personal events are happening in my life. Yet it is the most enjoyable part as well for the enthusiasm is infectious and keeps me in what I call a positive teaching zone.
Pros
Ability to run your own classroom
Cons
Lack of Full Time employment positions/advancement
This position has provided a great work experience
Prep Chef (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 20, 2016
My experience has been very rewarding. I'm working with a great group of people.
This is a professional work place.
I'm proud to be working with a great organization.
Pros
Great coworkers
Great work
Part time instructor for CAD and GD&T (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 2, 2015
I like teaching and working with my students passing along any knowledge that I can do advance their careers and life. Management is great. I have to put in a lot of long hours outside my lecture but it is well worth it.
Pros
In bettering my students I also have the opportunity to better myself.
Cons
Lots of long hours
Great First Job Experience
Schoolcraft College Office of Student Activities (Former Employee) –  Livonia MISeptember 9, 2015
It was a great first job for someone with no work experience. I got to meet great people and made friends. I loved the fun, laid back atmosphere.
Pros
Great way to meet students
Cons
n/a
Tutor
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MIMay 25, 2015
Basically , I have to teach the student who has hard time to understand Accounting and Math. student know me from my teaching style . my target was ask more question to open their trouble.
Excellent place to work
Teacher assistant/Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MiMay 16, 2015
On a daily basis I am helping the chef with teaching the students how to prepare dishes correctly to be sold at the Cafe. I make stocks, demis, and many other dishes. I stock the fridges and par stock each day. Working with the students and the chef is a great experience. I have learned to make many different types of food.
Pros
Free lunches
Phlebotomist/Patient Care Technician
Patient Care Technician, Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  garden city, miMarch 22, 2015
Busy atmosphere, challenging workdays include working with infants and the elderly. Drawing blood, labs and cultures. organizing the office with supplies needed frequently. Friendly faces, comfortable atmosphere for all. Soothing patients with therapeutic communication so they are not worried. Constant learning and new challenges.
Pros
Making the process with patients very patient and calming.
Cons
Challenging patients
good place to work for a student in college
Banquet server (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 28, 2015
fun job managers are even nice
liked all the coworkers good place to meet new people and make some extra money
loved watching the chefs cook in the kitchen
liked helping to set up for night events it was very fun
Pros
Free lunch on breaks!
Not a real job.
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  livonia, miFebruary 27, 2015
Being a student aide at schoolcraft college is the type of gig you would want if mommy and daddy still payed for everything for you. if you were not worried about car payments, insurance, or other bills like buying lunch on a daily basis or gas expenses. the basics. $8/hour, and you were limited to only working up to 25 hours per week.
Pros
Cons
bob hudson
Productive work environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 21, 2014
Excellent place of employment. Developed new learning techniques for student success.
Very comfortable and welcoming environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 15, 2014
Schoolcraft has one of the most comfortable and welcoming environment. The employees are very nice and helpful. It is also a fun place to work, and I highly recommend this workplace to anyone.
Pros
Welcome back and End of Semester Brunch
Cons
Expensive lunch
Flexable Hours but no real money to be made
Student Assistant - Media Technician (Former Employee) –  livonia, miMay 30, 2014
You bassically play around in the computer until a teacher needs assistance with turning on a overhead projector... Worst part about thejob is you can only work 25hrs a week and its $8.50 an hour
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schoolcraft College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5