SCHOOLS FIRST FEDERAL CREDIT UNION Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and friendly place to work
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana CAJuly 2, 2015
5 years and counting couldnt ask for a better place to work in Santa Ana the daily experience and management team are like no other
Sfcu review
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  tustin caMay 26, 2015
Working here was a great start into a customer service rep. they do not time you on calls they truly care about solving the members problem and helping you on any question that is needed.
Amazing Organization
MSR II (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Schools First FCU was an amazing company to work for, if I would have gotten a degree in business I would have definitely worked there until retirement. It was a pleasure to work for such an amazing organization. The benefits that they offer their employees are incredible, I have never felt so appreciate working for any company. Management was very understanding and cooperative with scheduling and future goals. Members (clients) are for the most part wonderful people and everyone loves Schools First FCU. A typical day would consist of assisting members as a teller or as a banker, helping them with account transactions, inquires, or problems. What I love about this credit union is that fact that they do not push their employees to push products on the members, and only offer what is necessary and for the good of the member.
Pros
highly appreciated, awesome benefits, great people
Cons
working on saturday
A learning experience ill never forget
Service Delivery Representative (Current Employee) –  ontarioAugust 13, 2014
I enjoyed the people i worked with and leaned quite a lot about the company but lets just say i would never go back
A challenging but rewarding experience
Retirement Plan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CASeptember 17, 2013
A typical day at Schools First Federal Credit Union is to provide technical support to over 30 local branches with members who have IRA accounts and retirement plans sponsored through their employers, who are primarily public, charter, private schools and community colleges.

I learned a great deal of information about plan specifics, such as; eligible distributions, loans, hardship distributions, and state sponsored pension plans; CALSTRS, CALPERS, PERS AND PARS.

The hardest part of the job was to remember so much detailed information about various retirement plans.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to help individuals to better understand their retirement plans and how to use them effectively.
Pros
great benfits and support staff.
Sr. HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 24, 2013
The environment at SchoolsFirst is great to be in. There is such a family-feel with co-workers. And, definitely, Members are always first - but Employees are a close second.
I am looking forward, to working in a environment where I continue to learn and progress
Loan Processor (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 18, 2013
Started day by printing Daily Reports, to prioritized, received and reviewed incoming information and conditions to ensure accuracy and completeness of documents prior to submitting files to underwriting. Worked closely with escrow and funding department for all prior to funding conditions, also kept all members abreast with the progression with their loan file. Schools First specialize with A paper files.e my day, I also had the pleasure to sit directly with credit members to go through the process at hand to see members process from beginning to end
The dark side of management
Member Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 17, 2013
The company benefits are amazing. Even part timers get full medical, dental, and vision benefits. The values of this company are great even though management tries to shove it down your throat every second so that it starts feeling fake. Management does not work with your schedule if you are part time. Although the company is called Schools First, they could care less about your education. They just want your full availability at $12 an hour or so (even with a degree). Managers go on power trips to validate themselves. There is an open door policy but the assistant managers come off fake at best. Customer service is always difficult but to have someone standing behind you watching your every move just makes for a stressful environment.
Pros
free lunches, good benefits
Cons
poor management
Good values but terrible advancement opportunity
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  orange county, caJuly 25, 2012
I worked there a year or so and they had a terrible turnaround rate and no one advances until after a couple years.
Pros
awesome upper management
Cons
poor advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCHOOLS FIRST FEDERAL CREDIT UNION. Our community is ready to answer.