SchoolsFirst FCU

SchoolsFirst FCU Employer Reviews

Member Service
Credit Card Specialist (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAMarch 11, 2014
Processes Member transactions and provides product and service information.
Creates new shares, processes disputes and other Member related inquiries.
Understanding of credit union savings and loan products and services.
Researches, identifies and corrects Member account problems.
ovearll schools first credit union is an excellent company to work for with awesome culture and benefits
senior closer/funder (Current Employee), Tustin, CAOctober 24, 2013
Pros: excellent work enviornment, culture
Cons: not enough training when it comes to respa 2010 and cures.
Typical day at work: consists of the following:
In the morning I work on my fundings, coordinate with escrow and title for my conditions.
In the afternoon I draw loan docs and review my files that are funding for the next day. In between I help answer any questions and or concerns that we might have as a whole dept.
I try to assist where I can and help – more... management out where and when I can. – less
Don't waste your time! You'll be gone in less than a year!
Service Delivery Rep (Former Employee), Tustin, CAAugust 11, 2013
Pros: benefits, co-workers
Cons: management, over-worked, no room for growth unless your a suck up!
I worked at the company for 10 months. It was great at first because you are told you can grow fast and eventually work into full-time if you work hard. Spent 10 months there waiting for this to happen, was worked to the bone and had high numbers. Turnover is very high that even the President of the company told us in a staff meeting that most of the – more... people who work there are gone within a year. Management is phony. They act all nice to your face but then are talking behind your back and backstabbing you. Benefits are excellent if you have no family members, but if you are part-time and have a family to support, the out of pocket is so high that you better have a spouse or someone that you has health insurance so your children are covered. The pay isn't fair either. I found out that people who just got hired got paid WAY more than me for doing the same job and it was their first job and it wasn't because they had a college education, because they didn't. The management made the money while the workers worked hard to get them their raises and the raises you DO get is like 10-25 cents! Your schedule varies so it's hard to work a 2nd job and it's all about who sucks up to the management! – less
Productive and Fun
Member service representative (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJune 25, 2013
Working here is great has a lot of great people working there
Great work philosophy
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee), Tustin, CAJune 12, 2013
Cons: no real bonuses, merit increases are low.
This place has great health benefits and retirement plans. The moto there is member service and it is true. The stories you hear about employees helping others just because is so touching that you feel like you are part of something bigger. Enjoyment working at this company will depend on what department you work for.
Great place to work.
Financial Assistant (Former Employee), Tustin, CAOctober 22, 2012
Pros: insurance, 401k
Cons: no room for growth
Overall SchoolsFirst is a great place to work. I would have stayed there indefinatly. I loved working with the Membership. I did not have room to grow in my position.