SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great perks and great benefits.
Service Delivery Representative I (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAApril 13, 2017
Provided quality training and support. However, it's too stressful in the call centers since you do not have a short break between call. Also, you are expected to exceed department overall score at all times.
Pros
great benefits and incentives
Cons
too stressful at call centers
Good place
IT Service Desk Technician (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CANovember 30, 2016
As far as perks, SchoolsFirst is a good place to work as they treat their employees very well. They are very well with their customer service and the CEO is very good in rewarding the employees.
The best job I've ever had!!
Membership Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 9, 2016
This is a company were all employees truly feel valued. All the empoyees have huge hearts. VP's know you by name. You can approach your managment team about anything. Tons of opportunity to grow within the company. Awesome salaries. 100% benefits paid in full by the company for you and your family ( and they're great/top of the line benefits). If I didn't move out of state, I would still be working there.
Pros
100% benefits paid for you and family
Great institution
Membership Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAOctober 20, 2016
In the branch, the day to day activity is just like working at any bank. The nice part is that credit unions want to help the "average Joe" so typically those you come in contact with are good working folks.
Pros
Happy Members make for a happy day
Cons
Glass ceiling
Busy organization with great benefits.
Senior Consumer Loan Officer, Underwriting (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAOctober 20, 2016
Membership driven organization. Good place to work with excellent benefits. Strive on providing excellent service. My job was fast pace, high demand for quick loan decisions which was worth it with the great medical benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Work life balance
Pretty decent place to work
service delivery rep (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 30, 2016
Best part is the benefits! Something really great that sets them apart are the great benefits they offer . Wish there was more of an advancement for other departments.
#1 customer service
teller (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 27, 2016
This place offered not only its Members but its team members full support and genuine cared about them. I felt very valued and empowered in my position.
Great Co-workers
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAAugust 23, 2016
I would work here full-time if I didn't love working at a school district so much. They make you feel so welcomed and they help you when you don't understand something.
Loan serciving Tustin
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAAugust 21, 2016
Horrible managers don't know the job no servicing back ground neither does the VP of this department very nice coworkers loved working here if the managers were gone gave it a year and no growth my team of 16 at some point we all tried to advance and we're denied manager don't have your back what ever the VP said manager went with it I just had to leave.
Pros
Benifits, lunch gifts
Cons
Manager, VP of department dont know the loan servicing job, very low pay, very low raises
Great benefits and compensation package!
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 11, 2016
Great company to work for. The benefits and compensation packages are above average. The company focuses on hiring a strong team that all share a common goal of providing world-class service.

Want to know more about SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union?

Ask a question
very low in moral
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 4, 2016
Very micro management workplace, not enough training after the take over from All valley federal credit union to Schools first federal credit union.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Outstanding Organization Overall
Service Delivery Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 10, 2015
The organization took care of its employees, making sure that they were pleased which would lead to Members being pleased. The philosophy and culture was simple and to the point: the number one priority is the Member. If the Member is taken care of, everything else falls into place. Management is always ready and willing to help, whether it be a simple problem at hand or a long term career goal that is to be met.
ok place to work
Service Delivery Representative III (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CANovember 19, 2015
great people, too much politics to move up.

willing to work with you when you have personal family matters to attend to. A pretty ok place to work. I miss the people there
Requires to be fully attentive and impressive amount of patience.
Service Delivery Representative (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAMay 21, 2015
A typical day at work may seem repetitive because of answering phone call after call. However, each phone call is different which provides its variety. If you're used to a job where you interact with people face to face then this is an entirely different job, even though you interact with people on the phone. It requires to be patient with others and more so with yourself. There is much to learn when it comes to finances, particularly another's finances. I've learned how to further express empathy, enhance my communication, resolve conflicts without escalation, be positive and again have patience. Co-workers, you unfortunately won't be having a ton of interaction with on a personal basis because you'll be too busy focusing on the Members. The most contact you'll have with co-workers is transferring a phone call and explaining the situation. If there is a moment where the call center isn't as busy you might have a moment to chat with your neighbor. The hardest part of the job is the monotony. It is call after call and requires your undivided attention. If you seem to zone out of a conversation you might see yourself constantly asking "Can you repeat that?". The phone calls are always recorded and it will be notated for you adherence to almost each call. The most enjoyable part of being in a call center, specifically SchoolsFirst, you get hour lunches, a major background of finances that gives you a personal idea of how to further budget and plan ahead. Frequently you are awarded for you contribution to the call center. Each year there is a "Dream Team Conference" and it's engaging  more... with the entire company. They even give the employees an opportunity to address whatever may be on there mind to the CEO and his affiliates. At the end, everyone is awarded with a special prize that typically leaves everyone going home happy.  less
Pros
Sundays off, hour lunches, frequent prizes.
Cons
short breaks, point system (attendance for calling out, going home early or arriving late) and work most saturdays
Great people and Great benefits!
MEMBER SERVICE REP IV (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAApril 23, 2015
It was nice to work in an environment where everyone truly cared about each other and the well being of the Members.

A typical day at work for me would include face to face interactions with Members to ensure they have everything they need.

Co-workers for the most part worked well together.

The hardest part of the job was not having enough staff when we would get extremely busy.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having the ability to change Member's financial lives.
Pros
Free Benefits
Cons
Small salary increases.
Great people and Great benefits!
Memember Service Rep IV (Former Employee) –  CAApril 13, 2015
When I first started working for SchoolsFirst I could not believe how approachable every single team member I encountered was! You could get a smile or a handshake from anyone,all the way up to the CEO. If they had job opportunity here in Hawaii I would have never left! If you can get in, you will never want to leave!
Pros
Great atmosphere, kind Members, unbeatable benefits
Cons
Quite small salary increases depending on the year.
It's An ok. place
Service (Former Employee) –  TustinApril 10, 2015
Very good benefits company vision is great. Management plays favorites depending on which dept. you're in. Where I worked a co-worker came in late every single day and the manager did nothing but jumped on other Reps if they were late. She would also repeat things/private conversations to other teammates causing disension in the work environment.
Pros
benefits and bonuses
Cons
horrible manager and team environment
Great company to work for
Manager, Home Equity Lendind (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAMarch 26, 2015
Highlycustomer service focussed. Very good product line. Upper management supprot on the day to day needs of the unit.

I would reccommend this employer!
INVESTMENT ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 20, 2015
Work with members who need financial advisory assistance. Learned how important member service is, management was very political and underhanded, great co-workers/positive environment. Dealing with the politics of the job was bad, I had an awful manager, I enjoyed working with members. Pay was very low compared to the market rates.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
political, management needed change, and low pay.
Awesome Environment
Internet Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAFebruary 18, 2015
I work in the Internet Services Department. We offer troubleshooting for connectivty issues with our website. Reply to Member inquries through our Secured Messaging system, and general e-mail address. I also assist Members directly through chat. In addition, I also work our Social Media channels such as Facebook and Twitter. I respond to comments, questions, and complaints.
Pros
Amazing Benefits
Cons
Career Development is very slow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2