SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union

SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great people and Great benefits!
MEMBER SERVICE REP IV (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Free Benefits
Cons: Small salary increases.
It was nice to work in an environment where everyone truly cared about each other and the well being of the Members.

A typical day at work for me would include face to face interactions with Members to ensure they have everything they need.

Co-workers for the most part worked well together.

The hardest part of the job was not having enough staff when we would get extremely busy.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having the ability to change Member's financial lives.
Great company to work for
Manager, Home Equity Lendind (Current Employee), Tustin, CAMarch 26, 2015
Highlycustomer service focussed. Very good product line. Upper management supprot on the day to day needs of the unit.

I would reccommend this employer!
INVESTMENT ADVISOR (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: political, management needed change, and low pay.
Work with members who need financial advisory assistance. Learned how important member service is, management was very political and underhanded, great co-workers/positive environment. Dealing with the politics of the job was bad, I had an awful manager, I enjoyed working with members. Pay was very low compared to the market rates.
Awesome Environment
Internet Service Representative (Current Employee), Tustin, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: amazing benefits
Cons: career development is very slow
I work in the Internet Services Department. We offer troubleshooting for connectivty issues with our website. Reply to Member inquries through our Secured Messaging system, and general e-mail address. I also assist Members directly through chat. In addition, I also work our Social Media channels such as Facebook and Twitter. I respond to comments, questions, and complaints.
Great for Members
AFTER-HOUR CARD SUPPORT SPECIALIST (TELECOMMUTER) (Former Employee), Lake Elsinore, CADecember 1, 2013
As a previous employee of SchoolsFirst FCU, I must state that being a Member was far more preferable. Employees were not supported by management. Co-Workers were amazing and dedicated people. The most difficult part of the job was definitely the disgruntled Members and the lack of respect from management. The best part of the job was being able to work from home.
Analyst for Strategic Marketing
Research Member Specialist/Business Analyst (Former Employee), Santa AnaAugust 14, 2013
Pros: good health benefits and starting salary
Cons: lack of learning opportunities and the scant support from management to thrive
I worked at the corporate office/branch located in the heart of Orange County. I was working within the Strategic Marketing group as a support Research Member Specialist. There was no effective training protocols and all learning was done on the job or through CBT or computer based training. They have a cultural indoctrination program and encourage team members to work together and engage in silly group exercises to enhance group cohesion; I don't think these had any effect whatsoever. For the most part outside of my department the employees seemed very friendly and willing to help with a smile on their face. However when you're involved with your own department the mask melts away revealing a litany of internal politics between people that was the antithesis to what the company preached regarding the positive working culture involving team work.

Regarding my position, I initially learned a few new novel concepts or software systems such as how to create online surveys and deploying them via web to collect data regarding whatever issue was being investigated, using predictive modeling with SPSS to segment customers for better target marketing; but the position I had was a one year commitment at most; after a year I was literally bored to death. It was more or less entry level position with no opportunity to progress career wise, but it compensated very well for being entry level; ultimately there was no room for vertical mobility within small the group I belonged to.

Training was all computer based and very basic. If you're looking for advancing your professional computer – more... or technical skills this isn't the place to acquire them, but rather if you enjoy working with the public as a loan consultant or teller then this would be the company for you. To learn about marketing analytics and research techniques this company sorely lacks in these competencies.

My co-workers were easy to get along and friendly, but I wouldn't trust anyone with confidential information, because you never know when someone is going to stab you in the back; I felt many people were passive aggressive at the corporate level. For example I was given the opportunity to leave with a severance because I embarrassed my boss on accident because he couldn't reproduce a report his manager needed and because he lost face I was reproached for his inability. The most enjoyable part of the job was the work/life balance and location. – less
A Great Organization to work for that helped to cultivate a professional and goal oriented career path.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJuly 6, 2013
Pros: great environment and benefits
Cons: not many opportunities for full-time work
Typical day at work consisted of helping members with their financial needs and requests.
Schools First helped solidify the importance of hard work, teamwork and customer service.
Management at Schools First was helpful, cooperative, and contributed to the advancement of my career goals.
The people I worked with at Schools First was the best part of the job. Everyone I worked with at Schools First was professional and simultaneously fun to work with.
Hardest part of the job was the end and beginning of the months because it was when most teachers get paid and as a result the branch I worked at would become extremely busy. That said it was never bad enough to consider it a bad day or something to excessively complain about.
A wonderful place to start a career
Member Services Representative III (Former Employee), Garden Grove, CAMarch 25, 2013
Pros: friendliness, management, very enjoyable organization to be a part of.
Cons: n/a
It's a great organization that have easy communication access to upper management and have a very diverse staff. The company always have a "Member Services" first mentality. All the Team Members are eager to help/assist, and the Members are very nice and loves to bank there.
Amazing people, culture, values, and a great atmosphere.
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 11, 2013
Working for SchoolsFirst has provided me with a great foundation when it comes to company culture and standards.
Great place for the right people
Manager - Membership Development (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAMay 7, 2012
Very different culture. For those that conform, this is a great place to work.
Is a good company, however did not care to much about there employees
Telephone Service Representative II (Former Employee), Tustin, CaApril 1, 2012
Was a good company to work with, was easy to let go of employees with a second thought did not care about loyatly of there employees