Schrödinger, the rapidly growing technology solutions provider for life science R&D, is looking for an experienced software engineer to design, develop, and maintain PyMOL, our best-in-class molecular visualization system. Development is on Linux, Mac, Windows, and iPad. Current software development involves C, C++, Objective-C, OpenGL, Python, and Java.
- Recent practical OpenGL experience including mastery of the OpenGL pipeline, GL shader language (GLSL), and embedded systems (ES) specifications
- Extensive C/C++ programming language experience from low-level bit pushing to high-level object orientation and architecture
- Solid computer science foundation including algorithms and data structures
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and technologies
- Willing to learn basic concepts in chemistry/biology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a distributed work environment
- Solid understanding of graphics hardware capabilities, 3D math and geometry
- Commercial software development experience
- BS/MS in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent experience
- Strong interest in scientific data representation
- Attention to detail and high standards
Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending account, 3+ weeks vacation, tuition reimbursement, and a flexible work schedule.
Schrödinger, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply, please visit: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SCHRODINGER&cws=1&rid=94