Schreiber Foods Employee Reviews

Good place
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Richland Center, WIJune 12, 2017
When I was there it seemed like okay place to work. I worked the rotating 12 hour shift. It was not ideal but I wasn't a mom than. I couldn't imagine doing it now.
Pros
Wasn't there long enough
Cons
Wasn't there long enough
I wished it was a plant in my area.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 6, 2017
This was a great company to work for. Words can't complain how bad I missed working for this company. If my kids was older when my plant shutdown I would have relocate to another plant.
Fast paced environment
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOMay 22, 2017
Most people are good to work with. They don't keep trouble makers around very long. Everyone knows their job and works together to get the job done efficiently. After you work for a company like Schreiber, it is hard to go someplace else to work.
Pros
Good Pay, discounted products, bonuses
Cons
Long hours and a lot of weekend work.
Different cultre
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 10, 2017
Engineering culture not the same as the rest of the company. Each plant is different as well. Very political, it's who you know and not what you know.
Pros
Competitive salary, Esop
Cons
no work-life balance
Hard to advance beyond hourly work
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, UTMay 8, 2017
I found the culture to be one of procedure, but felt that employees were severely overworked. Overtime was mandatory and not regular in that it was scheduled whenever they wanted to work.
Very productive
Packaging, Palatizer (Former Employee) –  Richland Center, WIMay 3, 2017
A typical day at work was standing still for 8-10 hours and repetitive motion. Packaging and palatalizing yogurt. What I learned was how to palatalize. The management was great. The workplace culture was very busy and repetitive. The hardest part of the day was standing in one spot for 8-10 hours a day. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to eat some yogurt off the line.
Lots of hours
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MissouriMay 2, 2017
Work life balance is lacking/ Work lots of Saturdays. Upper Management never there during weekends but expects you to be there on the drop of a dime..
lots of hours
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MOApril 17, 2017
work 3 and 4 12 hour shifts a day. lots of standing and working with machines. normal factory work. if you like being home every weekend this is not the job for you.
Pros
pay, insurance
Cons
hours
Partner Owned
Manager (Current Employee) –  WisconsinApril 8, 2017
work as an owner fast paced and able to make decisions. make quality product. work hard lot of hours . company spends a lot of money on operations. Movement from plant to plant
Good People
QA/Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXApril 6, 2017
I can always find good people every place that I have worked. If you are looking for stability and mediocre pay then Schreiber will do. If you have not made it to the 5 year mark keep your nose clean because they will try to get rid of you before you are fully vested.
Pros
Climate controlled
Cons
Prison Feel
Poor management, work holidays, plus every other weekend
Alt Slice (Current Employee) –  Stephenville, TXApril 4, 2017
I've worked at Schrieber for almost 9 years, it has its ups and downs. There's good and bad. Some managers care and some don't. Overall it's a decent local job.
Pros
401k & ESOP, health benefits, and bonuses
Cons
12 hour shifts
Great work force managment is iffy
Operator (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 2, 2017
Opportunity for advancement is few and far between if you have no degree. Top out is within two years of employment. Great pay for no degree. Strict attendance policy, not very good for single parents.
Pros
Great people to work with, paid lunch, benefits \
Cons
Management is hired out of college with no work experience.
This is a steady growing company with competitive salaries in a industrial atmosphere.
SANITATION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXMarch 29, 2017
The company helped me grow as a responsible worker by being on time, showing persistence when dealt with problem. Communicate with everyone to avoid miscommunication, also, understand and follow all company safety policies.
Pros
The bond between the staff, leadership, maintenance with the company including virtual reps. are still friendly.
Cons
Many people did not having to work as much on certain holiday their family celebrated.
horrible workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOMarch 27, 2017
The tas are lazy just use the forklift to go get stuff while you do all the walking. Barely anytime with family, can't have sickdays or you get fired.
Pros
Good money
Cons
lazy TA's, bossy coworkers, nasty floors
Fantastic Company to work for.
Supply Chain Planner (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 23, 2017
Schreiber Foods is a fast paced work environment that gives you planty of opportuntities to grow and develop your skills. Great company that is always concerned about their employees and the employees families. They're a company that is involved with the communities where every they are located.
Pros
Education opportunities
Cons
Work load heavy
The Big Cheese converter
Plant Accounting Team Leader (Plant Controller) (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOMarch 10, 2017
The world's largest leading customer brand dairy processing company. Processing everything from yogurt, cream cheese, chunk to a lot of shredded consumer cheese packaging.
Amazing place to work
Student Rescource (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 9, 2017
Schreiber Foods is one of the best places you can work. Everyone is so nice and willing to help if you have any questions. It's a very team oriented environment and everyone wants to help each other succeed.
Pros
Pretty much everything
Cons
None that I can think of
worst job I've ever had
Wrapper Operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOMarch 2, 2017
This has to be the worst job I've ever held. You have no life outside of this place, and from day to day never know if your training Will be completed due to being moved from what your training on to something that you've never ran at all before. The TA'S are overpaid and lazy, hardly ever Will you see them outside of their office, and If you do it is only because they are looking for somebody to give them a write up. If you ever needed one of them to help with your machine it could never happen because they don't know how to run any equipment or machine. I met a few people that I enjoyed working with, but for the most part everybody walks around in a bad mood and with an attitude, due to being overworked and under appreciated.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Good work atmosphere and benefits
Filler Operator (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAFebruary 25, 2017
A production work place and the benefits are geared towards family and making sure you will be taken care of when you retire
benefits
Cons
time off
Realistically...not a good place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Richland Center, WIFebruary 24, 2017
They let people go home early all the time and then you are stuck doing your own thing plus other people's jobs. If you are just getting into Schreiber, it will be forever before you move up, or until the next person quits so you can fill their position, if someone else isn't ahead of you. Seniority over knowledge. If you have a family, don't ever expect to see them. Don't ever make plans on the weekend because they don't know if you're gonna work or not. If you don't have a life, and just want to work and make money. Be treated like a number, and walk on "eggshells" everyday. Then this job is for you!
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything but money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schreiber Foods. Our community is ready to answer.