The Production Supervisor leads and coordinates daily shift operations to assure the manufacture of products consistent with quality, quantity, safety, and cost requirements. Supervisors plan and assign work, enforce policies and procedures and recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Direct hourly employees in all aspects of the production and packaging process
- Monitor the lines for yield improvement and measure productivity
- Implement good housekeeping standards and safety
- Train, develop and evaluate employees
- Keep management informed of developments as they occur
- Maintain department records
Job Requirements include:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering, Food Science, or a related degree or at least 5 years experience as a Production Supervisor
- Must be available to work any assigned shift, including 2nd or 3rd shift assignment, weekend and holiday overtime as required
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures and understanding of basic baking and packaging technology
- Strong troubleshooting skills, with a drive to reduce/eliminate waste. Good mechanical aptitude with a hands-on mentality a plus
- Leadership interest and ability required to work effectively with others, motivate employees and elicit work output
- MUST PASS physical, drug and background check
This is an excellent opportunity for a high energy, enthusiastic person who can create and foster a culture of teamwork, excellence and continuous improvement within a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Schulze & Burch is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a generous benefit package.