Schumacher Group Employee Reviews

ED Records Coordinator
Emergency Department Records Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2015
My manager was very professional. She was very helpful. The job was demanding but I like to stay busy. The company was a joy to work for. The team members were always there to help.
Needs Improving
Medical Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 8, 2015
This company is not understanding that employees has an actual out side life from work. They are not understanding of employee/family. Pay is great but is needed in order to handle the daily task of keeping up with the horrible billing processes. Company needs to re-evaluate their billing processes in order to bring in more money. They do not listen to employee ideas.
Fun work environment
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Incentives
Cons: N/A
Fun working environment, flexible schedule ... Learned to listen more while receiving constructive criticism ... Learned to be sympathetic to others and their situations.
Productive Place to work
Patient Support Service Representative (Former Employee), dallas, TexasMay 17, 2015
Pros: Raffles
Cons: 30 minute break
This was a great experience for me because I was able to get experience in the medical insurance field. Overall it is really good place to work and gain experience.
Fast paced environment
Patient Contact Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 18, 2015
A typical day at work I took inbound calls from patients that had inquires about their unpaid balance. Made outbound calls to collect unpaid balance
Great job
Emergency Dept. Documentation Clerk (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAFebruary 6, 2015
I worked for 6 yrs was a great job for me and would send anyone in need of a job to them in this field. Nancy D is a great supervisor.
Conveniently located
Application Support Analyst V (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: top heavy in upper management levels
Educated in the many areas to focus on increasing revenue to obtain the goal of becoming a billion dollar company.
Very friendly family atmosphere
Patient Account Representative Billing Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: very friendly
The company was easy and friendly to work with. There was a great opportunity for advancement and growth.
Founded company beliefs no longer apply
Annoymous (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAOctober 14, 2014
Many departments are focused on the wrong aspects of having a productive efficient business. Employees are just a number now, patients are just a dollar amount. The once belief of "Patients First" no longer rings true...it's all about bottom line. Employees lack motivation and security due to recent layoffs and many who used to go above and beyond lack the drive due to overwhelming lack of trained professionals hired in all aspects, top to bottom. The saying "you get what you pay for" rings true.
Productive, reliable and great company to work for
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAJune 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits, amazing emloyee incentives, great co workers, long lunches and breaks
Cons: lack of advancement in my department and poor management during this time
I was at Schumacher group for 4 years. in my opinion its one of the greatest medical billing companies to work for in Lafayette. During this I learned a lot about the health care system and grew as an employee. Only negative about the company I would say, was in my department I worked for , we had very poor management. At times it was very stressful and I think most of my co workers were experiencing the same issues.
fun work place
nice hours
good pay
Medium size company
Insurance Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 20, 2014
Pros: flexible time
Cons: no room to grow
handling of posting payments, appeals. Learned how to review medical codes, loved my co workers, hardest part of the job is no room for growth . Most enjoyable part of the job flexible time allowed.
Productive work environment
Corporate Health Consultant (Current Employee), Jackson,MSApril 8, 2014
Every day is different with Schumacher Group WellnessWorks. I could be doing a health talk or event. I could be enrolling companies into our wellness program and building relationships with them and the hospital system. I worked with an unbelievable team. I enjoyed meeting individuals and helping them with their healthcare needs. I loved working with the physicians and clinics. It was a great joy to market for such a wonderful hospital and clinic.
fun work place good first job
Provider Locator (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 8, 2014
it was a good job, the people were amazing, but there were negatives.
Very Fun
Collection Representative (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: pizza parties
Great place to work , fun and inviting co-workers, fast paced never a dull moment. Lacking in upper management feed-back and not enough critical criticism. Also lack of training from upper management. But overall a great benefits, and intensives.
Teamwork
Medical Collections Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great break room and also had great cafeteria
Cons: healthcare
The Company made you feel at home and welcome you like if you been knowing them for years
Working for Schumacher
Emergency Department Records Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 25, 2014
Pros: freedom, no micromanaging.
Cons: very low wages, very low raises, not a practical living
I process 200-500 emergency room record charts a day. I learned how to use Meditech 6.0 Live, MUSE, ChartMaxx, Siemens Sorian. Management is always there for you when you need them. Co-workers are awesome. The hardest part of the job, auditing records for various hospitals from various different states can be difficult at times because I'm not physically there at the hospital to get missing components from stray charts. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I can make my own hours, I'm required to work 40hrs, however I fit the hours in is my choice. I'm not micromanaged, I can do my job in peace. The only disappointing fact about the job is the pay. Not practical for a living.
n/a
Medical Biller/Collector (Former Employee), Opelousas, LAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I don't have anything negative to say about the company! I loved my job and wished the lay off was not coming!
Schumacher
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lafayette,LAMarch 6, 2014
Great company to work for as long as they are nto doing budget cuts.
A good wor place in 2010
Scanner Assistant (Former Employee), dallas tx.February 19, 2014
It was a good experience. I open and sort mail. work hours are 5 to 5.