Schumacher Group Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Internet Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 3, 2016
I enjoyed the working environment. The employees were helpful and friendly. I loved the busy atmosphere and the discipline within the system as a whole.
Pros
Employees and the Nature of the Work
Cons
Strict Requirement to stick to the Script
Great benefits, great management and pay
Provider Coverage Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 30, 2015
Great Company to work for. office shut down here in Memphis
Management was great to work for always helpful. Pay raises and Bonuses were the best. Great people to work around. Overall wish it had not shut down here
Pros
Great pay and bonus plan
Cons
Not any
small company growing faster than they are prepared for
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2015
Extreme nepotism in upper management. If you are not in with the right people, there is no job security and no opportunities for being promoted.
Pros
no weekend work
Cons
rude upper management who only care about themselves
Positive Work place with great people.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 22, 2015
Great positive workplace able to learn and advance employment. My mainain objective is Patient Customer service with positive efforts. Get great feedback from Supervisors and great co workers.
productive busy enviornment
Patient Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 30, 2015
typical day at work would be answering a number of inbound calls and making outbound calls.
overall a great job good benefits love interacting with people and helping them with their bills or issues. coworkers are friendly if i needed help with anything or had any questions there was always someone available to assist me.
mos enjoyable part was helping patients understand their options on being able to afford their bills.
Great company to work for.
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2015
High volume operation. Great place to work however require a highly motivated professional to sustain the workflow challenges. Overall upper management has a great team.
Pros
Challenging position
Cons
Too large to keep up with innovation in order to enhance company growth.
ED Records Coordinator
Emergency Department Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2015
My manager was very professional. She was very helpful. The job was demanding but I like to stay busy. The company was a joy to work for. The team members were always there to help.
Needs Improving
Medical Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2015
This company is not understanding that employees has an actual out side life from work. They are not understanding of employee/family. Pay is great but is needed in order to handle the daily task of keeping up with the horrible billing processes. Company needs to re-evaluate their billing processes in order to bring in more money. They do not listen to employee ideas.
Fun work environment
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 19, 2015
Fun working environment, flexible schedule ... Learned to listen more while receiving constructive criticism ... Learned to be sympathetic to others and their situations.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
N/A
Productive Place to work
Patient Support Service Representative (Former Employee) –  dallas, TexasMay 17, 2015
This was a great experience for me because I was able to get experience in the medical insurance field. Overall it is really good place to work and gain experience.
Pros
Raffles
Cons
30 minute break
Fast paced environment
Patient Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2015
A typical day at work I took inbound calls from patients that had inquires about their unpaid balance. Made outbound calls to collect unpaid balance
Great job
Emergency Dept. Documentation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 6, 2015
I worked for 6 yrs was a great job for me and would send anyone in need of a job to them in this field. Nancy D is a great supervisor.
Conveniently located
Application Support Analyst V (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Educated in the many areas to focus on increasing revenue to obtain the goal of becoming a billion dollar company.
Pros
close to home
Cons
top heavy in upper management levels
Very friendly family atmosphere
Patient Account Representative Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2015
The company was easy and friendly to work with. There was a great opportunity for advancement and growth.
Pros
Very friendly
Founded company beliefs no longer apply
Annoymous (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 14, 2014
Many departments are focused on the wrong aspects of having a productive efficient business. Employees are just a number now, patients are just a dollar amount. The once belief of "Patients First" no longer rings true...it's all about bottom line. Employees lack motivation and security due to recent layoffs and many who used to go above and beyond lack the drive due to overwhelming lack of trained professionals hired in all aspects, top to bottom. The saying "you get what you pay for" rings true.
Productive, reliable and great company to work for
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 15, 2014
I was at Schumacher group for 4 years. in my opinion its one of the greatest medical billing companies to work for in Lafayette. During this I learned a lot about the health care system and grew as an employee. Only negative about the company I would say, was in my department I worked for , we had very poor management. At times it was very stressful and I think most of my co workers were experiencing the same issues.
Pros
great benefits, amazing emloyee incentives, great co workers, long lunches and breaks
Cons
lack of advancement in my department and poor management during this time
Medium size company
Insurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 20, 2014
handling of posting payments, appeals. Learned how to review medical codes, loved my co workers, hardest part of the job is no room for growth . Most enjoyable part of the job flexible time allowed.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
no room to grow
Productive work environment
Corporate Health Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jackson,MSApril 8, 2014
Every day is different with Schumacher Group WellnessWorks. I could be doing a health talk or event. I could be enrolling companies into our wellness program and building relationships with them and the hospital system. I worked with an unbelievable team. I enjoyed meeting individuals and helping them with their healthcare needs. I loved working with the physicians and clinics. It was a great joy to market for such a wonderful hospital and clinic.
fun work place good first job
Provider Locator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 8, 2014
it was a good job, the people were amazing, but there were negatives.
Very Fun
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 27, 2014
Great place to work , fun and inviting co-workers, fast paced never a dull moment. Lacking in upper management feed-back and not enough critical criticism. Also lack of training from upper management. But overall a great benefits, and intensives.
Pros
pizza parties

2.7