SCHUPAN Employee Reviews

Very good place to work
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Wixom MichiganFebruary 7, 2018
Very good place to work I come up here time to time to check on everybody they are very into the holidays give you presents from Thanksgiving with you turkeys
Good part time job
PC Disassembler (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIFebruary 6, 2018
The day started with the crew stretching and warming up. We would work at the same stations everyday and sort computer parts on a conveyor belt. Needed more hours but if you are a student this job is good for you.
Polite and Caring Management
Internship Training (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIFebruary 5, 2018
My experience at schupan was cut rather short because I was only a temp and did not plan on staying. Working at Schupan is great for someone who likes fast pace work and can problem solve well. Also adapting to new co-workers because they do go through a hiring agency and not many people look at factory work as a permanent career.
Great environment, terrible management
Machine operator and Programmer (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 31, 2018
Schupan and Sons did a remarkable job at making you feel appreciated at times. But it was no more than a fasad disguise as appreciation. Often time demanding overtime and stressing workers out to quicken their already rapid pace.

This factory was also not climate controlled leading to low temperatures during the winter and intensely high temperatures during the summer (100 degrees plus at times)
Pros
all of the benefits given to us
Cons
the imbalance of appreciation and constant stress looming over each employee
Great Place
Any position (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 13, 2017
Good people, Nice place to work. Had to relocate to work but other than that no issues at the work place. Supervisor was very understanding and outgoing to help help you.
Fast paced not for every body
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Milford, MIAugust 23, 2017
It was a fast paced job long hours good pay. It is a great company to work for. There is room for promotion and you will get trained on more then one job.
Place to work if no schedule needs to be set
Wash Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIAugust 23, 2017
This was a good job for people who can work endless hours and any time. You will start at various times and end at various times as well. But this job keeps you busy and makes the day/night go faster with this pace.
Monday-Friday work week good benefits
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 9, 2017
Their not high on training as far as the truck driving goes. It is good that I had 34 years driving before I started there. A lot of turn over in the shop, in 2 years I saw the entire shop turn over 3 or 4 times.
Pay is on the low side for the area that I worked and no matter how much I improved the things that I could control. No raises.

Over all I did enjoy my time there.
Pros
Healthcare was really good. Monday to Friday work week
Cons
No way to move up in pay
About my job
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 8, 2017
friendly management,co-workers, great good benefits,good shift,love CNC machining,medical is also great the only reason i left was because my brothers are not in good health so i moved to Sandusky, Ohio.I used to live in Sandusky about 15 years ago and liked it.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
did not like working third shift
Wonderful place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 17, 2017
I loved my time at Schupan & Sons. The work is hard, but it's fun. If you like working with all kinds of large machinery, it's great. The fixed schedule and available overtime are things I miss terribly.
Pros
Schedule, pay, experience, benefits
Cons
Hard work
Cool place to work.
Hilo driver and Quality control (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIApril 10, 2017
My first job out of high school. I learned a lot people were friendly. They didnt mind sharing knowledge of the job with you. I liked my coworkers not the smell of recycling so much.
Very fast paced and good company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MIFebruary 27, 2017
Most of the management and HR department work with you on a lot of aspects. Very fast paced and can be difficult at times. I have learned a lot working with this company. The crew helps out anywhere they can. They are all about training and cross training.
productive
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MIFebruary 20, 2017
It's a typical kind a day just like any other factory. I have learned many things from the company. management is pretty good. the hardest part of the job is the drive. the most enjoyable part is the company really cares for you
Great place to learn.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIJanuary 23, 2017
This is a great place to learn skills as long as your apply yourself and strive for greatness. Benefits are amazing
Pay is okay. For me the pay isn't competitive enough.
Good luck getting in management unless you are the same type of person as all the other managers. Its a good old boys club. Unfortunately.
Pros
Lots of skills to be learned from forklift operating, switch truck driving. If you are in maintenance you will learn even more.
Cons
Pay is not good for any position you are in except general labor. Very tiny raises yearly.
Great Company
Private Accounts Purchaser/ Retail Buyer (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 28, 2016
Very great place with good opportunity. Really great place to grow and have fun. Lots of great people and a good family style company that treats their workers right.
Pros
The people
Cons
zero
productive place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MISeptember 26, 2016
its a good place to work, doesn't have a guaranteed end time so u could possibly work over your shift everyday but you wouldn't know until you arrive to work.
great place to work
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 13, 2016
No Issues nice place to work.you work Monday to Friday off Holidays and weekends good co workers. And good organization and managers.
Pros
Great place to work with benefits
maintance tech.
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MISeptember 12, 2016
Answering down equi. calls,alot of p.m. s of equi.,place really is nasty,manag. on my shift sucked,co-workers were lazy,hardest part of job working with one hand tied behind ur back, there wasn't any enjoyable part of working here. plant manager is very good person (wixom)
Pros
pay raises, bonus, co. work clothes, co. party, co. lunches company its self is great
Cons
third shift mang, place stinks bad, and everything is nasty
Great learning opportunity!
Saw operator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 17, 2016
Mostly hands on training which is the best way for me to learn. They cross train you for many different positions in the building. This was good for them as well as made me a more valuable employee.
Most everybody worked together as a team. If we got really busy the management would help catch us up (never seen this before).
Sometimes it could be really hot & dirty work but nothing too bad.
All in all was a good company to work for. I only left due to my physical limitations.
Pros
People, pay, & benifits
Cons
Sometimes was long hours.
Solid company to work for, lots of diversity.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 20, 2016
This is a small operation at the Dayton location. I learned to sell metal to the tool making industry. There was nothing hard about this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCHUPAN. Our community is ready to answer.