With headquarters and manufacturing in Jacksonville, Florida, Schur & Company, Inc., branded as Schurco Slurry, has been an industry leader in slurry and abrasive pumping since 1975. Serving a global market with worldwide distribution, we are 100% American owned and operated continuing to strive for the best in product reliability, availability, value and customer satisfaction.
Our mission is to serve global industries that supply valuable raw materials to the marketplace with trustworthy and reliable pumps, parts, and service. We exist to provide unmatched engineering excellence, low lead times through global inventory stock, attentive customer service, and cost-effectiveness for our customers. In a field dominated by large and complex multi-billion dollar corporations, our 100% American owned and operated company offers a streamlined bottom-line conscious engineering approach to our customers.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses Solidworks to model pump parts and equipment in 3D
- Uses Solidworks associated 2D CAD software to create 2D drafting documents suitable for Certified Engineering Drawings
- Learns applicable design engineering standards
- Maintains quality of work while decreasing time spent on drafting pump and parts models from initial workrate
- Participates in system design and improvement projects
- Develops proficiency in knowledge of slurry pumping equipment
- Collaborates with engineering staff on projects and new system designs
- Remains flexible to changing priorities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Minimum Associates Degree in Computer Drafting and Design (or similar)
Minimum 18 months experience in industry (may substitute suitable co-op or internship experience)
Solidworks user with greater than 12 months on console in a private or public sector position
Knowledge of mechanical equipment, pump experience, greater than 24 months Solidworks user, computer savvy, knowledge of industry standards for Certified Engineering drawings, experience or knowledge of FARO technology
Visit website for company details: www.schurcoslurry.com
Apply through Indeed.com website with appropriate cover letter.