Schwabe North America Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 8, 2016
As a Purchasing Agent I was responsible for ordering the raw materials needed for customer fulfillment. Fun position and great co-workers.
easy
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  McCarren NvApril 2, 2015
Supervisor is great! I don't really know what to type but the website is making me type more, so here you go. Easy moey with great benefits.
Gread medium size manufacturing company
Accounting/Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 21, 2015
Schwabe North America is a medium size manufacturing company that works to promote a healthy lifestyle. The other employees were always great to work with.
Great company to work for
Raw Material Specialist (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 28, 2014
Great co-workers; brighten any day. The management team is very approachable; values the input of the 'worker bees' and encourages sharing of ideas for improving processes. The hardest part of the job is that it can't be done in 8 hours; there is simply too much work. Ironically, as we grow, there seems to be less of a chance for advancement; rather, positions are becoming more specialized/ "pigeon holed". I am one who must learn new things. Nonetheless, I enjoy the challenges presented daily and could not ask for a better cross-functional team to work with.
Pros
On sight massage and chiropractic (low cost), Nurse practitioner (often no need to go to the doctor), fitness center.
Cons
An over-abundance of work; leads to long days for salaried employees in some departments.
Great people but horrible working environment for manufacturing associates
Encapsulation Operator Tech II (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 10, 2013
I worked in manufacturing for just over 3 years. During this time, I watched the company grow and expand, which was great. I also was around to see the company go from being concerned about the quality of its products and the safety of its associates, to an atmosphere of numbers, numbers, numbers. At this company, associates live in fear of losing their jobs on a daily basis. Programs (the "Proficiency Program," and the Lean Manufacturing Initiative, for example) are quickly thrown together and poorly implemented. Programs are incomplete and components of these programs often contradict one another. Manufacturing associates must stand on concrete floors for a minimum of 8 hours a day, 5 (often 6) days a week. the company does provide footwear and insoles if needed, but these offer little in the way of relief from soreness and fatigue. The way I understand it, experiences of those employed in different departments (aside from manufacturing and packaging) love the company and their jobs. I loved my job at one point in time too, but the lack of care, concern and trust finally took its toll. I also had not had a raise for 2 years under the proficiency program and it was looking like at least another year before any increase was going to happen. I do miss my coworkers, but I do not miss management or the way management deals with associates and challenging situations. The company does offer a really good benefits package, but this does little to make up for everything else.
Mechanical Design
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 22, 2012
Cad drafting experience and 3D modeling:
My previous job they used Inventor and Vault. We followed the 2D layout of the factory to get the type of machine or conveyor which included the elevation length flow direction. With that information the design of the machine or conveyor was created in 3D.Everthing was then checked in and out of vault. After the initial design was complete a dxf drawing of the machine or conveyor was put in the 2D layout to verify its form and fit. The assembly and part drawings were created form the 3D model including the bill of materials.
Great people;
Validation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 9, 2012
Extremely friendly staff in an employee friendly environment
Pros
discounted supplements