SCHWEBEL BAKING COMPANY Employee Reviews

Poor managment
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMay 12, 2017
Worked at the Perrysburg branch for several months.
POOR MANAGEMENT.
My advise is to keep looking for another job.
You do not want to work for them.
RUN AWAY!
Rough Job
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHMay 6, 2017
Rough Hours, Little to no day off as only have one day off at a time typically. Good things Are decent pay with solid benefits. Very bad corporate management because they are very unorganized.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Bad Corporate Management
ok
Route Sales Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 2, 2017
ok. Very long days.only off on Wednesdays and Sundays. sometimes not finish when finish.Start early Routes can be long.
Pros
Start early
Cons
sometimes not finish when finish.
Stay far away from this place.
Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHFebruary 16, 2017
Company doesn't care about it's plant workers. You're looked down upon like a piece of trash. Negativity is horrible, not many people like their job and it shows.
Pros
Cons
20 min lunches, they'll cheat you on your paychecks if they can, union dues, employee retention, just to name a few
enjoyable job
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHDecember 11, 2016
nice people and management.but they dont tell you that once you quit they wont rehire you if you want to go back. other than that its all good
Cons
if you quit there to go to another job, then want to come back they wont rehire youbut you re not told this.
Miserable place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 29, 2016
The company has a history of hiring the most abusive plant managers. They are condescending, belittling and ruthless. I have never worked for such unprofessional jerks in my life. Everyone is always looking for a way out (different job). They cheat you on your pay, demand you perform unsafe acts and if you get hurt, they will claim it's your fault. The place is filthy. Employees won't èat their own product.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Abusive management
Horrible Management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 25, 2016
I worked at schwebles for a little over a year the favoritism is ridiculous amd half of the supervisors go on power trips its only a good job if your a college kid looking for money over the summer
Pros
Cool coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Production Worker
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJune 8, 2016
Job provided great benefits. But if you plan on working here be prepared to not have a life outside of work. Working 6-7 days a week in hot factory with short 15 minute breaks. On your feet all day. Schedule is liable to change each week you may be on one shift one week and another shift the next week.
Horrible working conditions
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHMay 13, 2016
A very physical and demanding job. Each year more and more work. added to the job with no compensation or little appreciation. The union is a joke. They are definitely company all the way. Schwebels is a family owned company and are only concerned about themselves . They look down on your average worker and will back stab anyone if it benefits the company. One clerk was written up because her father died and she left work early. Mind you she was a 14yr employee at the time. I could list many more but I really think you get what I'm saying.
Pros
Cons
Low salary, high union dues, heavy lifting, terrible schedules
I can't say anything good about this company
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHApril 23, 2016
The Schwebel Baking Company is on its way out!! They have the worst so called leadership!! They HATE the unions there and are trying everything they can to break them up. The son thinks he can micromanage a company that size, and does not trust anyone to do there job on there own.
Management Is weakened due to there lack of power because the son want EVERYTHING done his way, and if you don't, they he'll find a way to fire you as he did me. This company doesn't like to go by any contract between the unions unless it is in they're favor. This is an observed act on my part.
You can heed my words, but if you go there to start work, just remember I said "you won't be there long". The only reason people stay is they have to much time invested to leave.

Everything I have stated is the truth!!!
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Adam Schwebel
The company was union organized was very profession and established.
Tank Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHApril 19, 2016
I came in as entry level and was able to elevate to more important and demanding positions. This made for a more enjoyable atmosphere. The company treated their employees fairly
good company to work for
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 7, 2015
Schwebel's is a good company to work for they provide good benefits to employee's and their product is great.
The only downfall is inexperienced management that donesn't know how to grow the company and make more business for the Route Drivers, work more hours and have more stops but make the same amount of money
Pros
good benefits and products
Cons
clueless management and low earning potential
stay away from here, I wish someone had warned me.
route sales (Current Employee) –  canton ohApril 18, 2015
Very miserable place to work, long hours and no type of help or any show of appreciation for your efforts. Co-workers will backstab you in a second if they think it will curry favor with the bosses. The only reason anyone stays is the money.
Pros
good pay but longhours
Cons
terrible inexperienced management
Hard work for little pay
Mixer (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, ohioApril 8, 2015
The only reason i took this job was because when i moved home from SC, it was the first job that presented itself to me. It is not my career of choice and gives me very little challenge.
Horrible Upper Management- Hostile
Production (Former Employee) –  YoungstownMarch 8, 2015
A typical day was chaotic. My supervisor tried to help us, but management was HORRIBLE. We would work 12 to 14 hour shifts for weeks at a time. They back-stabbed, pointed fingers, and were terrible to people. I have never seen such unprofessional behavior. They made us use outdated ingredients. I tried reporting things and they never were taken care of.
Pros
A check
Cons
The company itself
Very back stabbing environment where loyalty is nonexistant
Production/Distribution supervisor positions (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OhioJanuary 31, 2015
i was an employee in various roles with this company from union labor to production and distribution supervisor. I spent almost 16 years when out of nowhere i was fired for what they said was performance issues. I was working 6 days and up to 60 hours a week for minimal compensation. In my opinion I was fired due to the owners son expecting you to agree with everything he says and if you disagree it hurts his ego. If you decide to work for this company good luck you will need it. The only family they care about is their own. The pressure and expectations are not worth the pay and upper management likes to micro manage tbe other supervisors and hourly employees. I hope you are a yes man or woman because this company does not like or respect strong willed people even if you have the experience and knowledege to back it up with.
Pros
Cons
no loyalty, very high expectations, no job security
High volume and and speedy industry
Branch Sales Manager/ Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioJanuary 26, 2015
One of the best jobs I have ever had. Very challenging but at the same time very self rewarding. learned a lot of new sales tactics and the importance of customer satisfaction and customer service. Also furthered my knowledge on leadership and how to be a leader and not just a boss.
Production Packer
Packer (Current Employee) –  Solon, OhioJanuary 23, 2015
This job is the most terrible/miserable job to work for you work long hours and supervisor want you to stay over even after you already scheduled a 10 hr shift. My area where I work the people are so miserable don't nobody like eachother just nagging and at eachother allday everyday. They wanna hear all your business (so if you get a job hear keep personal information to urself) it will get out and twisted to make you look so bad. These ppl live there and have no life for real. I haven't seen over grown Ppl so Childishly.
Cons
Short breaks
Production Line Not for the Faint of Heart
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHDecember 24, 2014
For several months, I worked the production line. My schedule was always rotating from week to week. And, for all of those who aspire to enter the baking industry, your work day generally starts hours before the sun comes up. Forget about a day off on the weekend, Saturday or Sunday. The constantly rotating schedule from week to week was very difficult to adjust to. There also always seemed to be this ever present pressure from management to produce, produce, and produce some more. While some of the front-line supervisors were able to filter this pressure out before it got to the worker bee, there were others who certainly manifested transferred aggression. Sadly, it was the little man who would receive the brunt of it in those circumstances. There always seemed to be some kind of staffing deficiency that created an atmosphere where management was always pleading with you to work that extra couple of hours or a day on weekends. Nepotism was pervasive. Training was minimal. Wages were depressed. I have to say that it is also the first place I ever worked at where senior management or health and safety would just stand there, staring at you while you worked, "mean mugging" you the entire time (didn't seem like a lot of happy management personnel). I didn't find it particularly unnerving, but I did find it to be extremely unprofessional. And, the Union didn't seem to do much for the worker or even seem to care about the worker. On a final note, I have to hold human resources/the company to task for what appeared to be false advertising. I answered an advertisement  more... that provided that the wages were $12.00 an hour, but when I showed up for work the first day, it was explained that the wage was $11.00 an hour. Turnover in production is excessive. Turnover amongst front-line supervisors was excessive.

I would like to add that all of the above are my own personal opinions. Others may have different experiences, though; I would doubt such. I personally cannot recommend Schwebel's to anyone for employment.
Pros
Cons
Plenty (See below.)
Hard to work with coworkers.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHOctober 22, 2013
Co workers will take you down in a second if it benefits them, even if they are also in the wrong. Upper management is impossible to work for now that a new generation has become involved in the company.
benefits
Cons
hours are hard to work with when you have a family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCHWEBEL BAKING COMPANY. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2