SCHWEBEL BAKING COMPANY

SCHWEBEL BAKING COMPANY Employer Reviews

unprofessional company
driver (Former Employee), youngstown,ohSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: discounts on stale bread at thrift stores
Cons: to many to list
I can only speak for transportation dept, what a joke! There is no communication what so ever in this dept. The pay, hours and tractors are terrible. The son is is overseeing this dept and has starting putting cameras everywhere in parking lots, time clock areas and who knows where else. If you have a CDL don't even consider Schwebels.
A last resort job
Labor (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHAugust 28, 2013
Pros: above minimum wage
Cons: short breaks, pay for healthcare, no family time
I have never seen so many miserable people in one place. Had they given me a tour of the place before I was hired, I would've definitely said no. I thought it was a family oriented business. They really don't care about the employees or the supervisors (they're treated badly in front of employees and are in constant fear of being fired). As for the – more... union, they're for the company. Benefits? Great, but you have to pay $200-$300+ depending on your family situation. Tack on union dues and taxes-your paycheck is a joke. – less
No time to yourself
shipping (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHJuly 30, 2013
Pros: union
Cons: schedule- work environment
First, the schedule is awful, tue & sat off, make you feel like your working a 7 day a week schedule, no family or home life. Management is horrible, people working at the place all hate their job. The Pros, Union environment, secure job.
A decent job
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHJuly 19, 2013
Worked in the Sanitation department- received three jobs a night to do. Payed a decent wage during the summer. However, if you get hired into the company, your pay gets dropped.
Nice secure employment
Assistant Plant Engineer (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHMarch 28, 2013
Pros: secure employment
Schwebels is a very family oriented company that cares about its employees and it's product.
Schwebel Baking Company is a wonderful company to work for.
Purchasing Clerk (Current Employee), Hebron, OHDecember 10, 2012
Cons: no vacation during the week before and of holidays
Owners & Management at Schwebel Baking company are very good people to work for.I like my career at Schwebel Baking Company but I will be relocating to Charleston South Carolina.
Workplace had a workout station
Seasonal Bun Shipper (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: union, health benefits, weekly pay.
Cons: long hours/weeks
Schwebel's provided me with experience in shipping such as; Picking/Pulling Orders, CB radio, and independent work stations.

About SCHWEBEL BAKING COMPANY

Schwebel Baking produces a noseful of wonderful aromas, baking up bagels, bread, buns, rolls, pita bread, and tortillas for the – Read more