SCHWERMAN TRUCKING

SCHWERMAN TRUCKING Employer Reviews

A great place to start your trucking career.
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee), TXMarch 25, 2014
Pros: great driver training.good benefits. great family oriented company.
Cons: paid by the load.being on call, you can go from working days too working nights in just a few days.
I was a CDL A cement hauler from the cement plant to customers siloes. I drove 200 miles average a day. I got an assigned trucks. I learned a lot about driving and the driver training guys were great. The job was fairly easy and we got payed by the load. the farther I drove the more money I made. I love to be able to stay in my Truck overnight in different places. They took care of their trucks and their personal was great.
Got to see a lot of areas
Driver (Former Employee), Longview, TXMarch 22, 2014
Pros: a percentage of the loads
Cons: not to big on days off
It was ok got to do a lot of driving and going to new places that i didnt get to go before
Countinous work, needs improvement on logistics
Company Driver (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXDecember 2, 2013
Pros: health care
Cons: driver logistics
Good customer base
tanker operations
co - workers are good
management is new,
nothing hard
enjoyed the open road
Not consistent
Chemical Tank Driver (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXOctober 2, 2013
Pros: no pros
Cons: not the amount of money promised, and they didnt like repairing equipment issues
Equipment failure, typical day at work was hustling to get a load.
Treated like a number not a person
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 24, 2013
Pros: people net logs
Cons: poor equipment and very long hours
Low compensation for the hours you work. You can make decent money but you have to max out your hours every week to do this. Not paid for dead heading. Equipment is old and worn out. Trailers are in great need of PM and some are very old with gauges that do not work or not calibrated. Trucks left at terminal over night are subject to theft. One key fits all. Always a fight to get compensated for waiting time. The people net is a plus. I worked for 4.5 years, quit because of bad management. Was asked to come back and did. It was worse this time around. I will not work for this company again. Or recommend any driver with self respect to do so. There is a shortage of drivers, we do have a choice and we should use it.
Great pay, geat people
Tanker Driver (Former Employee), Bear, DEApril 8, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: hard on your back
I loved this job but my back didn't. A tanker can be unforgiving with its surges. Nothing bad to say about this company.
Logistics Manager
Driver Manager (Former Employee), Longview, TXJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: great work atmosphere
Cons: company raises were yearly and extremely low
Schwerman is managed by its Operations manager and its Logistics Manager (Driver Manager). The Operation Manager works extremley close with Driver Manager in the day to day operations. The job of of the DM is high stress and requires focus and consentration to complete with accuracy. It consist of multi tasking. The DM interviews, hires, completes all new hire paper work and orientation, cordinates deliveries, payroll and billing. The hardest part of the job is the challenge it offers on a day to day bases. The largest challenge is assuring the load in a timely matter with un expected obsticles, this comes with the task of creative thinking and excellent customer service in order to achieve successful damage control witht he customer. The job offered great rewards as well, the OM, DM and drivers worked well together to give quality service to the customers.
Stable Work good pay.
Tank Driver (Former Employee), , TXMarch 9, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Good company to work for,stable work,good benefits,reasonable home time;various areas to run from a regional perspective,always keep you moving and not much down time.