SCI Employee Reviews

to many hours for the pay
Cable Technician/Installer (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 7, 2017
liked the people i worked with did not like that job itsself. long hours not always enough jobs to fill the day and if you arent working you arent getting paid
Great entry level job
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 1, 2017
Working at SCI was a great entry level job. I work as field service technician traveling to all local locations in the Huntsville area. Would highly recommend as entry level job to gain experience.
commision based sales
Independent Sales Contractor (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 16, 2017
Calling on potential customers to set appts for yourself. Great for setting your own schedule . Job is truly dependant on the amount of leads that our given. Some months can be very slow.
The job was good and so was the pay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 11, 2017
It was a good job easy enough, but the management was n't no communication no nothing, they hired people and starting at $ 9.00hr. The officers always relieved me late. One other thing mangement changed the calendar so the times that we would have gotten paid three times they made it two.
Pros
The money
Cons
Mangement
Prison Employment
Industrial Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Houtzdale, PAJuly 11, 2017
I started out folding clothes and was promoted quickly to the inventory - distribution department. I was responsible for inventory control and initial distribution of inmates clothing. I worked at the job for four years at which time they forced me out due to the main laundry facility being moved to SCI- Benner.
Pros
gained experience in new field
Cons
I was in prison
Payroll Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2017
I manage to grow and learn from the time I walked into SCI until the beginning of 2017. The workplace use to be an environment where you can smile and work at the same time. The hardest part of the job was the micro managing of the managers. The enjoyable part was working with the customers and resolving the issues.
Productive Workplace
VP Operations (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 19, 2017
Productive workplace consulting and leading customers. Great management allowed one to do one's job. No micromanaging. Usually performed Operational Excellence efficiencies to increase profits and productivity.
Well known granite company in downtown Denver
Install Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 19, 2017
This company keeps you bussy it's a fast past company has lots of jobs high pressure. More about quantity over quality. I was the longest running install coordinator.
It was a fun fast paced place to work at.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 7, 2017
The employers there was good except for one. I loved working there til they brought a new supervisor in and he tried to harass me. I felt threatned by the supervisor but other than that i loved it there. I would work there again if i could.
not a good company to work for
Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 5, 2017
This company has very Poor management. Unethical people. They do not hold true to their word. Miss representation! I would not recommend this organization.
Pros
flexable
Cons
No Integrity
Poor management. Low pay
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJune 5, 2017
Not enough transparency with information from corporate to employees. Low paying for IT positions, but expect an inordinate amount of experience. Not willing to pay for training.
Great pay amazing
Sales (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 3, 2017
Great job with sales and lighting solution. This company teaches you sales manager architecture lighting display and product inventory. Great job with great pay.
Pros
Pay vacation healthcare 401k
Funeral Home
Funeral Attendant, Admin (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 25, 2017
For the line of work it was a good place to work for although the company was SCI the funeral home and cemetery was great experience and the people where amazing there.
Not good
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Muncy, PAMay 23, 2017
The inmates are treated better than the employees. The pay is good, as is the time off (if your not a CO or nurse). The buildings are old, moldy, with asbestos paint.
Fun workplace with good guys
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMay 17, 2017
Although the company was very, very productive the workers just came and went. The manager was a family man so he understood when i had to take time off when one of my daughters got sick.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hard labor (bad knee)
Productive and fun
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2017
Assist client with software and hardware problems by phone and remote access. Create ticket if problem couldn't be fix by IT for technical support. Record results on master excel sheet for IT Supervisor.
Pros
good work enviornment
Sales/Family Service Counselor
Family Service Counselor/Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, PAMay 8, 2017
Working with families to pre-arrange funeral services or at need services. This was a very rewarding job personally. I made quite a few good friends along the way. The management never appreciated the hours I worked or the extra miles I would go for the families in need. The compensation was awful. It was commission only and it went by %.
Working with families a plus
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 7, 2017
Loved working with families. Many locations have a wonderful GM. If you get a bad one then the stress of the job is exacerbated as it affects every aspect of sales success and that is hard to overcome in the community. One bad funeral experience can damage the reputation.
Pros
families and some flexibility of schedule
Cons
starting pay for family service counselors
A fun place to work.
Courier/Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 4, 2017
I have been working at SCI for over 4 years the management team is very friendly and helpful. I enjoy going to work everyday. It's like they are family and that makes it good when the work load is heavy. They have incentives For a job well done. And hire within the company.
Pros
Gift cards lunches
Cons
Constantly driving
Not the best company to work with
Auto Parts Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 28, 2017
Was not the best job I have had and I would not recommend it to anyone. I only took it to have money come in at that time. I was not told that money would be taken out of my check each week to pay for insurance for the parts I was to deliver.