SCI Employee Reviews

Working environment
Labor (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CASeptember 23, 2016
There was alot of work at the moment was very good. Everytime i would ebter to work i already had a task to complete by the end of the day. When i finish that task i would ask for the next task to do it was good. I enjoy working when i know what to do each time.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Everyome is helpful
Great for second job
Family Service Counselor/Sales Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, PASeptember 22, 2016
I love what I do.This would be a perfect job for someone looking for a 2nd income. Not to pay the bills.I work 50+hrs a week,and hardly make a paycheck. You have to dig for your own leads, you have to cold call and sell sell sell...
Pros
Great support system
Cons
NO PAYCHECK, dig for your own leads
Overworked and short staffing on a daily basis.
PA/NP (Current Employee) –  Muncy, PASeptember 8, 2016
The providers you work with are excellent, But facility is dirty and very old! Also found that the bureaucracy you need to go through on a daily basis is very thick.
Pros
Providers I work with on a daily basis, I have also learned alot since working there about primary care
Cons
Old facility, no lunch usually, and in early and having to stay late frequently.
Sci
Family Service COunselor (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 29, 2016
I wouldn't recommend working for SCI in the Lake Charles area. Minimal opportunities for advancement and difficult working conditions. Not a bad company on the corporate level.
Great place and amazing staff
Greene Internship (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PA 15370August 24, 2016
I interned at SCI Greene for a short time. Most of my time was working with the training director. She is a wonderful and amazing women. The work fit with my field of study. I enjoyed going into the office everyday. The staff was friendly and a joy to be around.
Great Co-workers
Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 11, 2016
All departments get along well. The Admissions team is a fun group, like working with cheerleaders. This is a very fast paced job, sometimes to time for breaks or lunch. Students are fun. I have many lifetime friends from working at SCI. Local management was great, corporate management for finance not so much.
Pros
long hours, finance team often left out of group activities
Cons
Made many great friends with employees and students
Sci
Level 3 Technician- Duties (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 30, 2016
Started at SCI on the line in 1988. Worked on the wiring line for the Government division as wire man and mechanical assembler . went to school ,became a technician for the air born test division
Pros
work, payed for school
Cons
low pay
Overboard!!
Family Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 27, 2016
Learn it yourself. Sell the biggest most expensive packages possible when the basic package is very expensive. Do not give in too much to the client as they will get over it.

The hardest part of job is actually making a living.

I really couldn't identify any good things.
Pros
No micro management
Cons
Learning to be Two Sided
Ok
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 26, 2016
As a Sales Supervisor I manage the family Councilors. I host monthly training calendar, this includes sales skills, contract completion and overall performance. Hire and train new Councilors, Manage activity calendar (call nights, Events, Seminars), ensure activity is entered into CRM (Sales Force). Conduct IPC action plan reviews. Coach and review personal performance for each councilor. Manage follow-up meetings with families for each councilor .
Funeral Director Provisional
Funeral Director Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2016
A typical day at work would be me assisting the funeral directors by7 helping them gather all pertinent information for the incoming families. Assisting by taking first calls, talking to families as the first person of contact when a loved ones has passed. Sending emails to the family on information that they need to bring to an arrangement conference.

Management at my location is awesome.

The hardest part of my job is to look into a grieving family member face and tell them its going to be ok, and tell you cant tell them when.

The most enjoyable part of my job is gathering pictures for the slide show and the family members get to remember there loved one before being sick and ill.
Pros
seeing grief everyday
Cons
joy when aloved one is not in pain anymore
Disappointed
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 5, 2016
SCI as a whole I found to be caring towards their employees and to the families they serve.

Unfortunately I believe you have a sales organization being ran by operational people.

I believe there are "pockets of the boys club" mindset. If you're not part of the club, you will not receive the attention needed to be successful.

My analogy, handing the keys to a twelve year old and having them drive from the East coast to the West, no map, no fuel, and no support.
Pros
Great 401k
A very dismal work environment, no room for advancement, poor benefits and pay
Carpenter/Cabinetmaker/Painter/General Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAApril 19, 2016
Very few people working here is happy with the company. Incompetence reigned supreme. Advice was never tken and workers feelings were never considered at any time.
Pros
There were none
Cons
low pay no benefits, poor medical/dental, no room for advancement.
Productive Day
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 11, 2016
proactively work with mgmt and/ or pm, reviewing information to be correctly processed and delivered to customer. unique working environment.
Family Enviroment, not your typical corporate structure
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 4, 2016
Overall, great place to work. Almost everyone there is willing to help, are very friendly, and truly care. The location is great, nice area.
Pros
Relaxed enviroment
Cons
Pay scale is low.
Great Company
Carpenter/Joiner (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMarch 13, 2016
I learned a lot working for SCI woodwork installation , I had the opportunity to work on large high-end projects was in this company that I acquired much experience in the area of ​​carpentry of high standard.
Came in yo workd and went straight to the Test Engineering Fabrication Lab, where I continued working on whatever test set , or fixture was priority.
Test Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 3, 2016
A typical day was reading an engineers description of what he wants , sometimes with a hand-drawn schematic.

Once this was done, I would use the instructions to finalize a design and present it to the engineer for approval.

Then I would assemble the cable, test fixture, test set, or an other electrical or electronic projects.

Generally worked unsupervised, though I always presented any possible design issues or changes tha I saw fit before meking any changed to the design.
Pros
Some great engineers.
Dishonest
Sales Associate/Family Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, MDFebruary 18, 2016
Dishonest. Management is absolutely horrible and the pay scale is set up for the salesperson to be paid less money for larger sales.
Large Company with Integrity
Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2016
I learned a lot about the industry. SCI is a good company that relies heavily on it's integrity and size in the industry. The drawback is that, for a company in the service industry, the MAJOR priority put upon sales above EVERY other aspect of the work they do is somewhat of putting.
Pros
Size
Cons
Few off days
Run while you can!
Family Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 14, 2016
They entice you with large compensation packages by having a top producer share pay info. I was a major producer for years so I can say this to be true. Management and staff will turn on you in a minute.
Pros
If you work your but off and make sales calls seven days a week, you will make some money
Cons
Commission only pay, long hours, not family friendly
Lack of Team Building
Pre-Planning Advisor - Funerals and Cemetery (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 13, 2016
The company management does not support the agents. Training was a complete joke as there was none. No supervisor to guide agents.

Lack of team players culture.
Pros
Cons
Difficult to work for this company as there was no clear direction.