SCI Employee Reviews

Productive and I loved my co workers and manager
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Harahan, LAAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
A successful day at work for me each day, was when I was able to comfort my customers with all the answers to their doubts or concerns
very fun i love the people
Porter (Former Employee), Waymart, PAJuly 27, 2015
I would work for the elderly again for sure.My job required me to assist the elderly with there every day living.i would help them clean themselves,and help with feeding.
Good job for someone just starting out in sales. Not recommended if you have sales experience.
Family Service Advisor (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 17, 2015
Poor upper management. Important job details were withheld during the interview. Making sales calls, advise families during their time in need, got along great with co workers and my supervisor was very helpful on training and guiding me.
Great company to work for
Lead Technician/Supervisor (Current Employee), Burlington, NCJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Wonderful learning experience
the staff here is excellent, and they are always being innovative and trying to find new technologies to help keep the clients as safe as possible.
Fast paced and Fun
Direct TV installer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 17, 2015
10 hours a day , 6 days a week.
A lot of customer interaction which gave me a great knowledge of customers demands and how to provide the best customer service..
Great co-workers and trainers .
the – more... hardest part was working outside with bad weather , but i got used to it .
and the most enjoyable part was interacting with new customers every day , and being able to provide them with the best service that draw a smile on their faces. – less
ok
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 29, 2015
SCI takes a lot of taxes out of pay-check. Most of the medical delivery are third shift . The enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people at hospitals.
Very strong company that dealt with families in difficult time of need.
Administrative Assistant Sales Department (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 12, 2015
Pros: comfortable work environment
Cons: impatience with new management
I worked with management, counselors and families at both locations. Dealing with various tasks such as contract processing, assisting management, problem resolution and assisting with the everyday tasks – more... around the locations. I assisted in relieving various departments, which allowed me to learn multiple tasks. I assisted in hiring counselors, from interviewing, processing hiring documentation, maintaining insurance spreadsheets and all sales employee personnel files. I facilitated many park events both for public events as well as private company events. I worked with most departments to assure counselors and families were properly cared for. I assisted all counselors, both at- need and pre- need, with correspondence, contracts and various tasks as needed to assure all quotas were met in a timely manner.

The most enjoyable part of my position was the ability to work with families at their time of need. Also was working in an environment where the staff worked together as one unit supporting each other, yet allowing each person to feel successful in tasks and goals were obtainable independently.

The most difficult part of my employment with the company was when it was taken over by a different market. Changing the direction and attitudes of the locations and employees. – less
SCI
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 22, 2015
SCI is a great company to work for. They work hard and play harder. They provide a strong work life balance for every employee.
Management needs to have more compassion for grieving families
Family Service Counselor/Sales (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: Too much pressure on selling and not enough emphasis on customers
Not a great place to work. Management was too concerned about dollars, dollars, dollars and did not spend enough time with customer care- customer service.
Great for Young Engineers
AAA Tech (Current Employee), Huntsville AlMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great place to start your career as a young engineer, you learn a lot: from how a product goes from conception, to the vision, to the design and then manufactured.
Cons: Benefits
Consist of going to the lab working on prototypes, production hardware, running test and doing research. Trying to make overall designs meet costumers satisfaction.
decent place to work
head batcher (Former Employee), Columbiana, OHMarch 23, 2015
good attitudes, relaxed as long as you do your job, people easy to get along with, office personal were geat, too much dust in the production areas,
Average company
Imp. Consultant (Former Employee), Campbell, CAMarch 14, 2015
SaaS based solutions group going through transition to agile env. Some good people but leadership isn't focused on operations or staff.
great company
Lead ETL Designer/Developer (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXMarch 2, 2015
It is a great company with a very employee friendly work culture.It has been great working with my team.

It is an It consulting company wit 1000+ employees and projects over multiple locations
Good entry level company
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 1, 2015
Pros: Good work enviroment, benefits are better than most.
Cons: Few advancement opportunities
Majority of company is geared towards entry level employees, good place to help build a resume.
Few long term, career employees.
A little bit about myself.
Reciptionist (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: when everything was going right.
Cons: when something is challenged my thinking when i tempted to blame on difficult people, lack of sleep, school loaded, the alarm went off along with awful whether ( the heat & the rain got to me).
My duty and responsibility:

I shared responsibilities with my team in helping families at needs. I have enjoyed my time there. I have learned some more working experiences in the filed from everyone I – more... was with.To me, a typical day at work was when I met a few difficult people which challenged me to think and see things through other point of views, and I did. I have gained people skills. Since I have more than one interest, I found it is hard to say which part of the job would be the most enjoyable, so I'd like to put it this way.There are certain rules, policies at the workplace where all workers should be considered talking them seriously (or changing careers) regardless which career we landed on or who we worked for and where - NO EXCEPTION! At the last job which I was hired as a receptionist (as well as my previous careers), I considered myself as a sincere and hard working person (sometime a quit learner too).I took pride in everything I did and happy working from the first day to the last. Read to this line, if you do think I am the right person for the job, please contact me for the good news. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Susan

P.S. In seeking this position, I am looking for working at anywhere (schools, center, boys & girl clubs, etc.) now hiring new teachers. If the job is so hard to land, I am willingly to volunteer my time there to see how things go...Again thank you for reading this. I am looking forward to hear from you. Good day! – less
typical at day at work
Delivery and cleaning /independent contractor (Current Employee), Lilburn, GAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: some tips
Cons: some customers talk, wants to know if your company keep you busy
delivering a cars parts to the different customers on time and good shape.i learn to be polite and respectful.Because the customer is always right. i am a team player and like to get the job done.hard to be on the road on the bad weather , i enjoy to talk to different peoples.
This was a scam job
Telephone Solicitor (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Cons: no pay, con game to fleece unsuspecting receivers of our telephonic calls for donations.
I only took this job because my previous Kirby Distributor/Owner retired. Soon afterward I entered Temple College.
Introduction to the Construction Field
Intern (Former Employee), Des Moines, WAJanuary 14, 2015
I was given the opportunity to intern with SCI and had a great introductory experience to the construction world. All the way from the flaggers up to the upper management of this company had promising individuals with a passion for what they do. One of the, if not the best, construction firms in the northwest.
had a very good supervisor.
SMT operator (Former Employee), Huntsville, AlJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: able to leave for lunch.
Cons: better wages.
Enjoyed my job very much. Co-workers we're a joy to work with. Nice work environment. Excellent benefits. Had opportunities to work plenty of overtime if needed. Enjoyed working my hours.
I really enjoyed this job. It was my first job in the electronics industry, and I loved it.
Elcetronics Assembly (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: working in the electronics industry, is my passion.
Cons: the only thing that could have been better, was the pay.
I attended an orientation, for this job. Once I was there, I knew that this is what I really wanted to do. I already had my diploma from CIE, and that is what I was trained to do\, but had never had the opportunity, until then. I loved going to work everyday. I thoroughly enjoyed working in, and with electronics.