SCIENTIFIC GAMES Employee Reviews

Declining culture, but great place to work
Principal Manager Interactive (Current Employee), ChicagoAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Work balance ratio
Cons: Top heavy, no room for upward movement
SG is a very large and growing organization. The growing pains have taken a toll on its people, but it is a good company. Management is heavy at the top. Middle and senior managers rarely are promoted. Little to no insight of where the company is headed.
Director Software (Former Employee), las vegas, nvAugust 19, 2015
decent work culture, Employees are nice to work with. Integrating multiple companies has recently put in quite a bit of stress on the employees.
Dynamic fast-paced company
Senior Director - Systems and Product Engineering (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, many nice perks
Cons: uncertain future, loads of debt, multiple acquistion turmoil
I had a great team of Systems Engineers, we worked on requirements for a variety of new product platforms, and managed the dozens and dozens of jurisdictional regulations and requirements from markets all over the world.
some days are better than other
Digital Image Operator (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: the hours
Cons: under new management.
we under new management and the breakdown in communication on the new direction of the company is nonexistent... things weren't always like this though...
Poor Team Work & Stressful
COMPUTER OPERATOR (Former Employee), San Juan Puerto RicoAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Flexible Shift, Good Manager
Cons: Poor Companionship, Poor Work environment, Poor Human Resources Issues
poor work environment and companionship, no partneship, no team work, bad intentions from you co workers, a lot of gossip, stressful work environment.
No opportunities for advancement, poor wages and management
Production Lead (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: The time off from the work schedule. 3 days on 4 days off and 4 days on 3 days off.
Cons: Mandatory overtime and management doesn't really support employee engagement opportunities.
Shift starts with Lead meetings with the Senior Lead as leads create schedules/line-ups for the line employees. Shift starts and leads have a meeting with employees to let them know what games are being ran and how to run the games. The lead then supervises the production lines and processes to make sure the lines are running efficiently.

I learned a lot as a production lead. Mostly of what not to do as a manager. There were no developmental programs or managerial classes that would help leads be better managers/supervisors of employees. In most cases all management cared about was the production numbers, not so much about the employees.

My co-workers were okay to work with, but not a lot of managerial experience. So there was a lot of "favoritism" issues and accountability issues amongst leads. It made it extremely difficult for leads who did try to hold employees accountable.

The hardest part of the job was knowing that management didn't really care about the employees and didn't have any plan for developing leads for other managerial opportunities.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people from different walks of life. The challenge of motivating each individual employee to do their very best that night was also enjoyable.
Interesting workplace but losing its luster fast!
Printing Press Operator (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 29, 2015
The job is decent and I love the printing industry. It's the first job I've held for so long. When I first started I knew nothing about printing or the printing industries. now I can look at a lot of different printed products and I see them in a new scrutiny. I get along well and work well with my fellow co-workers. A typical day usually deals with finishing a job coming down and changing to a new job: switching plates(plate cylinders), aniloxes, inks, perf blades(perf cylinder), paper(width and type). Then starting the press back up when ready, inking each unit up, striking in the printing register evenly and making sure everything looks good. stop to check everything is good and the quality is where it needs to be before finally starting back up and running the job. Sometimes there may be 2 job changes in 12 hour shift, sometimes more and then sometimes not at all.
Marketing
Marketing Supervisor (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 29, 2015
I served as the analyst for the CEO.
I permed market studies to determine effectiveness of the Account management department and capacity studies.
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee), Ballys Technologies Las VegasJune 27, 2015
Pros: Great people the pay hours
Cons: Inadequate training, long hours and weeks, no warehouse workers at night
I got the job as a Material handler for Ballys Technologies Las vegas thru a temp agency the things I didn't like was the inadequate training I received on the warehouse scanners ( I HAVE NO PREVIOUS EXPERIANCE ) and also the long hours and days had to work because the warehouse has NO warehouse workers at night so what ever was not done was pretty much left over to be added on top of new work on the next day so after 4 days on the job I quit was hoping to stay on to make it a career but I felt it was way too much
A typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Manati, Puerto RicoJune 13, 2015
In a typical day at work, I answer approximately 40 inbound calls, and develop at least 2 reports. The job is relatively comfortable, the team is very helpful one another and hardworking.
Overall summary
Dir Strategic Acct/Regional Sales Dir/Acct Exec (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2015
Pros: Good products for their industry.
Cons: two mergers four companies coming together - large debt
Customers are great to be around and the industry is always changing. But long term growth is minimal.

There are several people that I enjoyed working with during this time.
It was Great place to work.
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee), McCook, ILJune 3, 2015
Pros: Free lunch for over-time.
Cons: Short breaks.
Worked with Diverse People from all over Chicago. It was a Job that required a lot of my time and which I did. I made friends and i lost friends.
Assembly (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 1, 2015
Easy job, but long 12 hour shifts over night. Nothing wrong with the job, its just was not for me. I didn't like the dirt and long hours.
Challenging and Fast-Paced
GLOBAL NETWORK OPERATIONS CENTER ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAMay 30, 2015
Many opportunities to excel in this job place but must be the right fit to appreciate the overall job culture.

A lot of the jobs here require a highly organized and motivated individual to be successful. Multi tasking, prioritization, and attention to details are highly sought skill sets.
I was just a temp helping the perm people
CONTRACTOR BY HIRE DYNAMICS (Former Employee), AlpharettaMay 25, 2015
We were hired to help the permanent people with their overload, but wespoke spanish so we did the spanish talking, we use to call the winners for a questionnaire, we did the filling, the preparation for the folders to be completed and sent to the winners
work to better yourself awareness
Field Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 22, 2015
this company believe in team work know one person does a job alone
you are always able to reach out to a fellow coworker to get the job done also the supervisor always available to answer any questions
Fun environment
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 13, 2015
I would answer phones and enter ticket into system, I would also reset passwords and assist with login problems. If the issue could not be resolved then it would be escalated to Tier 2. I learned how to open and close tickets, The most enjoyable part of this jobs was communicating with customers on the phone.
Excellent staff and payscale
maintenance (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Work Schedule
Cons: No room for advancement
At typical day at Sci Games is imaging computer system, and taking support calls from co-workers. I have learned about networking and casino management software.
Scientific Games Assembly
Soldering Technician (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed the work and the people
Cons: Temp Job
Soldering upgraded resistors and repair bursters, trouble shooting using a meter and test station. I enjoy the job, however its only a temporary job through temp services.
Great place
Conversion Specialist (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: layoffs
Some departments are allowed to work from home that makes a great family life. There is usually yearly layoffs in most departments. Most departments are micromanaged