Scientific Games Employee Reviews

good
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJanuary 10, 2017
Each day started with doing a report. Different Reports were due several times a week. Then I worked on the shcedule and the newsletter. I was responsible for the gps system and the employees. The hardest part of the day was employee write-ups for any wrong doing. Employee training and guiding was the most rewarding part of the job. There were too many meetings that interupted the work day. Customer service wth the customers was usually an easy task for me. I always found a way to satisfy their issues.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
too many meetings
A Supportive and Positive Staff
Senior Associate Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 9, 2017
My work day consisted of programs training with managers, inputting parts and orders for customers and technicians, and keeping track of inventory on our service vans.
Through the course of my career, with encouragement from my managers, I improved my organizational, customer service, and inventory management skills.
We had a laid back office consisting of outgoing kind people.
The hardest part of my job was when we were going through a four company merger. We were all trying to do the same job from different programs.
What I loved about my job was helping each and every customer, whether it was on the phone or through email. I found it to be very satisfying.
Pros
Working with the new company
Cons
Health Ins could have been better
lots of overtme!
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 15, 2016
In my opinion Scientific Games overworks their employees. We were working 12 hours a day 6 days a week of mandatory overtime. They make you stay late a lot without any notice. On the other hand their benefits at Scientific Games are phenomenal with lots of PTO and great insurance. My co-workers there were all very nice and easy to get a long with.
Pros
free lunch if you work Saturday
Cons
too much overtime
such a fun place to work with software coworkers with expense accounts
Contractor to West Virginia Lottery (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 19, 2016
I so enjoyed working with the online lottery games that just came into West Virginia. Unfortunately, it was a short-lived job due to the fact that after the games were up and running smoothly there was no need for me or my boss...he moved on to another state and I was given a nice severance package
Pros
software guys at card blanc expense accounts and took us out to eat just about every night
Cons
couldn't play the lottery
The best work environment ever. I loved the job and the atmosphere at work.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 30, 2016
Awesome company to work for. They took care of their employees very well. The pay wasn't the best but they made up for with all the different incentives they offered. There were different schedules to choose from, but Saturday or Sunday work was required.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
pay was not the best.
faith of company has fallen
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 25, 2016
since the combination of companies. faith of company has fallen.
the company only cares about the money.
the company doesn't even care about the product
the company doesn't care about the people.
there has been many CEOs
it was once a very good company.
to bad.
Pros
a job
Cons
health is very bad, cut down vacations, have no plan of where they are going
Good Starting point
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 3, 2016
Scientific Games is an excellent opportunity for anyone trying to get into the IT field. Its a lot of hard work and dedication with learning there way, like any other company, but its worth the experience. you will defiantly work away with knowledge. Just go with an open mind set, and learn!
Horrible company
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 14, 2016
Their was not much enjoyable about working at this company. You work your but off. But it's never enough. Many are left to coast through not doing their job, but heap it all onto others who always seem responsible for everything. Terrible work/life balance. Horrible Executive management and senior leadership. I wouldn't have my worst enemy work at this place
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else. Don't get lured by pay it's not worth it
Tech
Customer Service Representative/Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 5, 2016
National Response Center - Technical Service - Lottery Systems
International innovator in the lottery industries having market share for gaming products and casino
technology.
• National technology support call center regarding Account, Marketing and Technology Business Operation
Solutions interfacing both Field Services and Data Operations
• Team based contribution to the Knowledgebase
• Dispatch procedures
Satsfactory
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2016
The company is going through a transitional and organizational change, since they acquired both Bally and WMS Gaming. They are working on emerging as a new company once all the layoffs are complete, but while I was there, I was treated fairly.
Pros
Excellent Salary
Benefits
great pay and benefits...no succession plan
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  chicagoJanuary 23, 2017
the company is struggling to create a unified culture. lot's of cutting. no advancement plans. people are great. long hours...even on weekends and holidays...most don't take vacation.
Pros
great pay
Cons
Ok Place to work with financial issues.
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 17, 2016
Ok Place to work with financial issues.
Cafe with free daily Starbucks coffee and Pool table.
Scientific Games has had several CEO's with different inconsistent goals over the past few years.
working with people from all parts of the world
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 7, 2016
lot of standing, working with good workers , good benefits don't like the 12hours shifts do like days off. need to change point system and do more for workers such as rewards.
Pros
pay
Cons
point systems not fair
great coworkers
Dispatcher / Customer Service rep II (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2016
love working as a team makes job easy , learned lots in customer service and in gaming industry , management is great , very busy constant phone calls
Pros
pot lucks, games
Cons
short breaks
Fun Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 8, 2016
Scientific Games provides a great work/life balance. Fast paced environment and great co-workers. Great team environment and everyone is always willing to help out.
Sgi
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 6, 2016
Great company to work for they are good about taking care of their employees to an extent. I learned from this job that not everyone can learn as fast as i can and i also learned how to break things down to teach others to be successful.
Excellent company, poor Alphretta Corp. Leadership
Director/GM, Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 5, 2016
Excellent middle management with unsurpassed employment base throughout operations, very weak and immature Alpharetta Corporate management, Compliance and Human Resources violates the procedures they should be enforcing.
it's a good company
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2017
Its a good company to work for. The salary is nice and the management is usually very understanding that a work-life balance is needed to perform.
Overview of SG Business
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 17, 2016
Very interesting company with operations spread across all facets of the gaming industry. SG is the largest printer in the world of scratch off lottery tickets, manages various state lottery operations within the United States, as well as international locales, and one of the world's largest manufacturers of slot machines and related game content.

Working within Internal Audit afforded significant international travel which was a highlight.
Pros
Large International Public Company
Cons
Nothing Noted
Not bad
Services (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 12, 2016
- A typical day at work consists of the preventing scope creep with external customers and working to meet deadlines with the challenge of resource constraints
- I've learned more of what not to do, which is valuable, rather than good practices
- management/sales need to focus more on projects that are currently ongoing vs. getting the next contract
- co-workers are a mix of great, intelligent, competent people and silo'ed, resistant-to-change people
- the hardest part of the job would be the challenging customers and the external/internal political aspect
- I enjoy the positive connects I have with with the people that I work with that has the mutual goal of executing a project on time, on budget and high quality

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scientific Games. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9