SCIENTIFIC GAMES Employee Reviews

I was able to grow as a profesional and maximize my leadership abitily.
Material Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILNovember 25, 2015
I was given the tools to succeed, and to learn how to overcome obstacles. We had a very small team and were expected to do a lot of work in a short period of time.
Pros
We had a flexible schedule.
Cons
Healt care was based in Nevada it wasnt great if you were out of state.
Busy
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTNovember 2, 2015
busy
many meetings
constant interaction with employees
hardest part of the job is keeping p with all the constantly changing state's requirements.
most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help the technicians complete their most complicated issues.
Pros
good repore with the employees
Cons
too many meetings
Get ready to give up your weekends
Certified Field Service Technician II (Current Employee) –  MissouriOctober 28, 2015
Pretty good job during the week but buckle up for constant weekend service calls. On call 14 days a month 24/7. on call holidays which are not rotated. Was on call for every summer holiday.Apply elsewhere is my advise
Pros
Company car
Cons
on call ALOT!
used to be good untill merger
CSR (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 1, 2015
was a great place to work until merger and current employs were laid off. It had the best benefits and starting pay was good.
a productive company with always work to do
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 30, 2015
A great place to work especially how the scheduling works 12 hour days three days one week four day the opposing week. Always work to be done in the shipping department
Pros
short weeks open schedule
Cons
point system
great company
Assembly Lead (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 31, 2015
the Shift managers was extremely helpful, the company is a great company to work for, they make the needs of their employees a priority, to ensure a great and productive shift daily.
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
short lunch breaks for a long shift
Declining culture, but great place to work
Principal Manager Interactive (Current Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 21, 2015
SG is a very large and growing organization. The growing pains have taken a toll on its people, but it is a good company. Management is heavy at the top. Middle and senior managers rarely are promoted. Little to no insight of where the company is headed.
Pros
Work balance ratio
Cons
Top heavy, no room for upward movement
Director Software (Former Employee) –  las vegas, nvAugust 19, 2015
decent work culture, Employees are nice to work with. Integrating multiple companies has recently put in quite a bit of stress on the employees.
Dynamic fast-paced company
Senior Director - Systems and Product Engineering (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2015
I had a great team of Systems Engineers, we worked on requirements for a variety of new product platforms, and managed the dozens and dozens of jurisdictional regulations and requirements from markets all over the world.
Pros
Good benefits, many nice perks
Cons
uncertain future, loads of debt, multiple acquistion turmoil
some days are better than other
Digital Image Operator (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 14, 2015
we under new management and the breakdown in communication on the new direction of the company is nonexistent... things weren't always like this though...
Pros
the hours
Cons
under new management.

Want to know more about SCIENTIFIC GAMES?

Ask a question
Poor Team Work & Stressful
COMPUTER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  San Juan Puerto RicoAugust 12, 2015
poor work environment and companionship, no partneship, no team work, bad intentions from you co workers, a lot of gossip, stressful work environment.
Pros
Flexible Shift, Good Manager
Cons
Poor Companionship, Poor Work environment, Poor Human Resources Issues
No opportunities for advancement, poor wages and management
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 20, 2015
Shift starts with Lead meetings with the Senior Lead as leads create schedules/line-ups for the line employees. Shift starts and leads have a meeting with employees to let them know what games are being ran and how to run the games. The lead then supervises the production lines and processes to make sure the lines are running efficiently.

I learned a lot as a production lead. Mostly of what not to do as a manager. There were no developmental programs or managerial classes that would help leads be better managers/supervisors of employees. In most cases all management cared about was the production numbers, not so much about the employees.

My co-workers were okay to work with, but not a lot of managerial experience. So there was a lot of "favoritism" issues and accountability issues amongst leads. It made it extremely difficult for leads who did try to hold employees accountable.

The hardest part of the job was knowing that management didn't really care about the employees and didn't have any plan for developing leads for other managerial opportunities.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people from different walks of life. The challenge of motivating each individual employee to do their very best that night was also enjoyable.
Pros
The time off from the work schedule. 3 days on 4 days off and 4 days on 3 days off.
Cons
Mandatory overtime and management doesn't really support employee engagement opportunities.
Interesting workplace but losing its luster fast!
Printing Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 29, 2015
The job is decent and I love the printing industry. It's the first job I've held for so long. When I first started I knew nothing about printing or the printing industries. now I can look at a lot of different printed products and I see them in a new scrutiny. I get along well and work well with my fellow co-workers. A typical day usually deals with finishing a job coming down and changing to a new job: switching plates(plate cylinders), aniloxes, inks, perf blades(perf cylinder), paper(width and type). Then starting the press back up when ready, inking each unit up, striking in the printing register evenly and making sure everything looks good. stop to check everything is good and the quality is where it needs to be before finally starting back up and running the job. Sometimes there may be 2 job changes in 12 hour shift, sometimes more and then sometimes not at all.
Marketing
Marketing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 29, 2015
I served as the analyst for the CEO.
I permed market studies to determine effectiveness of the Account management department and capacity studies.
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ballys Technologies Las VegasJune 27, 2015
I got the job as a Material handler for Ballys Technologies Las vegas thru a temp agency the things I didn't like was the inadequate training I received on the warehouse scanners ( I HAVE NO PREVIOUS EXPERIANCE ) and also the long hours and days had to work because the warehouse has NO warehouse workers at night so what ever was not done was pretty much left over to be added on top of new work on the next day so after 4 days on the job I quit was hoping to stay on to make it a career but I felt it was way too much
Pros
Great people the pay hours
Cons
Inadequate training, long hours and weeks, no warehouse workers at night
A typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Manati, Puerto RicoJune 13, 2015
In a typical day at work, I answer approximately 40 inbound calls, and develop at least 2 reports. The job is relatively comfortable, the team is very helpful one another and hardworking.
Overall summary
Dir Strategic Acct/Regional Sales Dir/Acct Exec (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2015
Customers are great to be around and the industry is always changing. But long term growth is minimal.

There are several people that I enjoyed working with during this time.
Pros
Good products for their industry.
Cons
two mergers four companies coming together - large debt
It was Great place to work.
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  McCook, ILJune 3, 2015
Worked with Diverse People from all over Chicago. It was a Job that required a lot of my time and which I did. I made friends and i lost friends.
Pros
Free lunch for over-time.
Cons
Short breaks.
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 1, 2015
Easy job, but long 12 hour shifts over night. Nothing wrong with the job, its just was not for me. I didn't like the dirt and long hours.
Challenging and Fast-Paced
GLOBAL NETWORK OPERATIONS CENTER ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 30, 2015
Many opportunities to excel in this job place but must be the right fit to appreciate the overall job culture.

A lot of the jobs here require a highly organized and motivated individual to be successful. Multi tasking, prioritization, and attention to details are highly sought skill sets.