SCIENTIFIC GAMES

SCIENTIFIC GAMES Employer Reviews

Interesting Company
Corporate (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: on site cafe
Cons: commute unless you live in the area
the people are nice and the management is doing well. Typical day. not much interaction between departments.
no comment
Help Desk/Computer Operator (Former Employee), ILDecember 22, 2014
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
not a good place to work at all the staff was not friendly at all
Productive and Fun Place to be
Senior Safety Engineer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2014
Enjoy what i do everyday. I deal with various clients/vendors on daily basis. I test games/peripherals , write reports and acquired UL/CSA Safety Certifications.
I love everyone and get along with everybody. Everyone is fairly pleasant.
Excellent Resources (employees)
Sales and Marketing Supervisor (Former Employee), San Juan, Puerto RicoDecember 8, 2014
Pros: anual raise depending on performance.
Cons: no confidentiallity starting from the human resources department
A typical day would be more than a 12 hour period, I did learn a lot from this business since this company is leading by far. The co-workers are very talented in there own way. The hardest part of the job was to face there is still discrimination. The most enjoyable would be the field trip with the employees, meeting the agents. Making that rapport with the decision makers.
traveling fun to work for company
VSAT Field Service Technician II (Former Employee), Middletown, PANovember 25, 2014
Pros: good pay with overtime
Cons: some people are not fun to work with
I had a blast at sgi You always travel from job to job, keeps things going makes the day go by fast.

People are fun to work with bosses are nice willing to here your thoughts,
Great fun
Date Entry Administrator (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GANovember 7, 2014
I enjoyed working here. Worked with all kinds of people from all over. Cafeteria was awesome!
12 hr shift of packaging lottery tickets
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 23, 2014
12 hr work days, 3 days on and 4 days off.
Doesnt really get out of hand til overtime is mandatory.. then you could work 5 to 7 days str8 with only 1 off day.
management is horrible... hard to keep good people there.
not hard at all
Fun environment and good people but jumbled and stale advancement
Field Service Technician II (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 8, 2014
Pros: independance, trust, flexibility
Cons: no visible advancement opportunity, %1-4 raise per year, zero cost of living adjustments
I have worked here for quite awhile and from the effort and time that I have put into this company professionally and personally, I have received virtually zero recognition or compensation for my efforts. Personal projects I have done to benefit the team have been swept under the rug or even acknowledged and credited to others in as much as authorships of documents being changed to someone else's name and then refusal to acknowledge my efforts in evaluations. My compensation has increased by less than $3/hr in the five years I have been there. We have received zero cost of living adjustments and the largest raise I have received was when the company increased their starting salary. New employees started at the exact same wage as those who have been with the company for 5-7 years and zero adjustments were made to compensate for the difference so, basically, after 5 years, I jumped right up to starting salary. Aside from those parts, the work is fun, the people are nice, and the pace is exciting.
This Job!?!?
Computer Operator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 3, 2014
Pros: long lunches
Cons: sitting at a computer for 12 hours
It has its up and downs. I have learned a lot about how the lottery industry works and what happens when the games go down or have issues. I also learned about different procedures for handling issues with the system.

It could be a little better, but that with any job right!? I just wish the communication was better here.
Wood Dale Office WARNING FST
FST out of wood Dale (Former Employee), Wood Dale, ILSeptember 30, 2014
Cons: bad company to work for
This job is not permanent and has no up side you have no chance of advancement. Management is lousy and has no idea what they are doing. Coworkers are the only reason to take this job they are knowledgeable and good people. The overall job is simple and easy to do but you will get no satisfaction out of the job. No benefits are offered and you will be hired by a temp agency with no care in the world for you they only want their money from billing SCI Games.

STAY AWAY IF YOU ARE ANY TYPE OF GOOD TECH.
Instruct customers how to resolve technical issues with terminals.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: having the ability to work flexible hours.
Cons: re-routing the ticket to dispatch because i was unable to resolve the issue.
The position has a relaxing atmosphere. Receive inbound calls to instruct and guide retailers how to resolve technical issue with their terminal. Unresolved issues are routed to dispatch, so a techician can service the terminal at the store's location.
This position has improved my listening and communication skills.
The management have reasonable expectations of phone utilization and professional conduct when relating to customers as well as co-workers.
The co-workers are respectful, courteous, pleasant and helpful on a daily basis.
The most challenging task is conveying the information to the retailer in a manner that brings resolution to the issue. Follow the troubleshooting procedures, to effective obtain results, to close the call without routing a service ticket to dispatch.
The most enjoyable part of the job is achieving a high percentage of closed calls without re-routing the ticket to another department. Resolution of the call is important.
Typical corporate office
Sr. Game Engineer (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 30, 2014
While innovation and creativity are a ripe opportunity, that quality is tarnished by the rampant shady office politics.
Long hours due to manditory overtime complicated by hostile management and frequent staff turnover.
Lead Computer Operator (Former Employee), Middletown, PAJune 25, 2014
Pros: good technical people
Cons: narcissism rampant in management.
Hostile work environment. Narcissism rampant in management.
dealing with the customers was very rewarding
Warehouse/ Field Technician/ Customer Consultant (Former Employee), Havertown, PAJune 17, 2014
Pros: being outdoors mainly
Cons: very detailed
i learned alot on that job and how to deal with customers. it was a very good place to work
enjoyed working there
NRO Operator/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Middletown, PAMay 31, 2014
enjoyed working with company learned a lot was and great experience
Good Job
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee), PhiladephiaMay 9, 2014
I got one more review so I will be putting the same thing again and I will not participate in this after
Laid back, great company to work for.
FIELD TECH (Former Employee), IndianaApril 22, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: sometime did not get a lunch break.
Loved my job. Did not have anyone over my shoulder, was able to do my job, and if I had questions there was always someone available to answer.
Scientific Games
Computer Operator (Former Employee), ILApril 10, 2014
Pros: early 12 hr shifts were a plus for temp.
Cons: more of a break time
"Oh my goodness"! What can I say. Working with these guys was so rewarding. Working on an assembly line and entering data, plus packaging orders was so team work with my co-workers. The environment was so kind and warming it made you not want to leave. This position was a temporary one and the hardest part for me was leaving on the last day and saying good bye to everyone. The most enjoyable part of this job was I kept in touch with 3 of the workers I met and it's been Awesome!.
Large, established company with good benefits, but individual operations are poorly managed and coordinated.
Field Technician (Former Employee), Maryland Eastern ShoreApril 2, 2014
Pros: the company pays for all employee expenses.
Cons: worst management team i've ever worked for.
The company seems to regularly implement cost-cutting measures that are translated and implemented by lower level managers in draconian fashion, often with confusing policies because different managers will offer conflicting guidelines requiring employees to acknowledge and be accountable to more than one manager differently. There's no management training, so they're all "winging it" just to cover their butts, to the point of usurping responsibility and passing blame. Too many conflicting policies, so standards are always changing. Often, this poor management translates to limited oversight, which allows many to be more productive, but then, when managers suddenly realize they've been ignoring their people for a while, oversight becomes harsh.
Great Company! I've been here for about 9 years.
Logistics Technician (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: not stressful, great benefits, very loyal company.
Cons: i may have reached my potential in growth.
I am currently still employed with this company. I am seeking a part time occupation that works around my personal schedule now. As a Logistics Technician at SGI, I work to ensure that the bench techs are provided with the proper materials needed to repair an on-going process of products from multiple sites around the US. In-going and outgoing shipments go through me and I maintain our database keeping the inventory in order. I work well with my manager as well as all of our technicians. I enjoy the comfort of my job and connection that we have working together.

1 2 3