SCIENTIFIC GAMES

SCIENTIFIC GAMES United States Employee Reviews

Fun environment
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 13, 2015
I would answer phones and enter ticket into system, I would also reset passwords and assist with login problems. If the issue could not be resolved then it would be escalated to Tier 2. I learned how to open and close tickets, The most enjoyable part of this jobs was communicating with customers on the phone.
Excellent staff and payscale
maintenance (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Work Schedule
Cons: No room for advancement
At typical day at Sci Games is imaging computer system, and taking support calls from co-workers. I have learned about networking and casino management software.
Scientific Games Assembly
Soldering Technician (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed the work and the people
Cons: Temp Job
Soldering upgraded resistors and repair bursters, trouble shooting using a meter and test station. I enjoy the job, however its only a temporary job through temp services.
Great place
Conversion Specialist (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: layoffs
Some departments are allowed to work from home that makes a great family life. There is usually yearly layoffs in most departments. Most departments are micromanaged
was a great place
Senior Tim Tech (Former Employee), Longwood, FLMarch 18, 2015
Pros: people, tecnology
Cons: not too many
I was able to learn alot from this job and i loved it, near the end though it became tense but all in all it was fun and i enjoyed it
Good Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Scientific Games is a good company. However, the company only consisted of 50 employees so the opportunity for advancement is very low. My job as a Customer Service Representative was a little repetitious.
Great Place to Learn and Grow
Assistant Manager - Working Papers (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GeorgiaFebruary 23, 2015
In the 10+ years I have worked at Scientific Games, I have learned a great deal about this exciting and unique business. I have had the pleasure of working with some fantastic people and gained valuable experience.
No bad
Field Engineer Technician (Former Employee), Dover, DEJanuary 16, 2015
Good people, not bad company. Be careful who you interact with. Cut throat management.
Interesting Company
Corporate (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: on site cafe
Cons: commute unless you live in the area
the people are nice and the management is doing well. Typical day. not much interaction between departments.
no comment
Help Desk/Computer Operator (Former Employee), ILDecember 22, 2014
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
not a good place to work at all the staff was not friendly at all
Productive and Fun Place to be
Senior Safety Engineer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2014
Enjoy what i do everyday. I deal with various clients/vendors on daily basis. I test games/peripherals , write reports and acquired UL/CSA Safety Certifications.
I love everyone and get along with everybody. Everyone is fairly pleasant.
Excellent Resources (employees)
Sales and Marketing Supervisor (Former Employee), San Juan, Puerto RicoDecember 8, 2014
Pros: anual raise depending on performance.
Cons: no confidentiallity starting from the human resources department
A typical day would be more than a 12 hour period, I did learn a lot from this business since this company is leading by far. The co-workers are very talented in there own way. The hardest part of the job was to face there is still discrimination. The most enjoyable would be the field trip with the employees, meeting the agents. Making that rapport with the decision makers.
traveling fun to work for company
VSAT Field Service Technician II (Former Employee), Middletown, PANovember 25, 2014
Pros: good pay with overtime
Cons: some people are not fun to work with
I had a blast at sgi You always travel from job to job, keeps things going makes the day go by fast.

People are fun to work with bosses are nice willing to here your thoughts,
Great fun
Date Entry Administrator (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GANovember 7, 2014
I enjoyed working here. Worked with all kinds of people from all over. Cafeteria was awesome!
12 hr shift of packaging lottery tickets
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 23, 2014
12 hr work days, 3 days on and 4 days off.
Doesnt really get out of hand til overtime is mandatory.. then you could work 5 to 7 days str8 with only 1 off day.
management is horrible... hard to keep good people there.
not hard at all
Fun environment and good people but jumbled and stale advancement
Field Service Technician II (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 8, 2014
Pros: independance, trust, flexibility
Cons: no visible advancement opportunity, %1-4 raise per year, zero cost of living adjustments
I have worked here for quite awhile and from the effort and time that I have put into this company professionally and personally, I have received virtually zero recognition or compensation for my efforts. Personal projects I have done to benefit the team have been swept under the rug or even acknowledged and credited to others in as much as authorships of documents being changed to someone else's name and then refusal to acknowledge my efforts in evaluations. My compensation has increased by less than $3/hr in the five years I have been there. We have received zero cost of living adjustments and the largest raise I have received was when the company increased their starting salary. New employees started at the exact same wage as those who have been with the company for 5-7 years and zero adjustments were made to compensate for the difference so, basically, after 5 years, I jumped right up to starting salary. Aside from those parts, the work is fun, the people are nice, and the pace is exciting.
This Job!?!?
Computer Operator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 3, 2014
Pros: long lunches
Cons: sitting at a computer for 12 hours
It has its up and downs. I have learned a lot about how the lottery industry works and what happens when the games go down or have issues. I also learned about different procedures for handling issues with the system.

It could be a little better, but that with any job right!? I just wish the communication was better here.
Wood Dale Office WARNING FST
FST out of wood Dale (Former Employee), Wood Dale, ILSeptember 30, 2014
Cons: bad company to work for
This job is not permanent and has no up side you have no chance of advancement. Management is lousy and has no idea what they are doing. Coworkers are the only reason to take this job they are knowledgeable and good people. The overall job is simple and easy to do but you will get no satisfaction out of the job. No benefits are offered and you will be hired by a temp agency with no care in the world for you they only want their money from billing SCI Games.

STAY AWAY IF YOU ARE ANY TYPE OF GOOD TECH.
Instruct customers how to resolve technical issues with terminals.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: having the ability to work flexible hours.
Cons: re-routing the ticket to dispatch because i was unable to resolve the issue.
The position has a relaxing atmosphere. Receive inbound calls to instruct and guide retailers how to resolve technical issue with their terminal. Unresolved issues are routed to dispatch, so a techician can service the terminal at the store's location.
This position has improved my listening and communication skills.
The management have reasonable expectations of phone utilization and professional conduct when relating to customers as well as co-workers.
The co-workers are respectful, courteous, pleasant and helpful on a daily basis.
The most challenging task is conveying the information to the retailer in a manner that brings resolution to the issue. Follow the troubleshooting procedures, to effective obtain results, to close the call without routing a service ticket to dispatch.
The most enjoyable part of the job is achieving a high percentage of closed calls without re-routing the ticket to another department. Resolution of the call is important.
Typical corporate office
Sr. Game Engineer (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 30, 2014
While innovation and creativity are a ripe opportunity, that quality is tarnished by the rampant shady office politics.

1 2 3 4