Scientific Research Corporation Employee Reviews

Typical work enviroment
BN Lead Engineer/ Analyst III (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 2, 2017
Overall great company to work for. Great employees, and great atmosphere. 40 hour work weeks with paid holidays and paid time off. Have phase where heavy work load requires Over time and weekend work, including travel.
Great Government Projects
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 23, 2017
SPAWAR seems to be the issue with many of the projects in N. Charleston. Lack of direction from the government employees assigned to the project. Many of the employees on the project seem to be just riding the wave and the SRC management just lets them. There does not seem to be any accountability for time worked or level of effort worked. Some of the services produced are crazy awesome and will do the Navy a lot of good. Only if Management can get people off their rear ends and stop the unnecessary hours of hanging around talking. as with most of the contracts, I have worked in N.Charleston (4) 20% are actually doing the work while the 80% ride the coattails.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
poor management
Great to work for
Senior Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 14, 2017
The working management was great at SRC. The HR department was understaffed and not able to process issues quickly. This was just a contract job, so it was know upfront what term of the contract was.
I felt valued for my skills at SRC.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Limited Job Security
Electrical Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2017
Business was slowing down by the time I left. I learn a lot about schematic entry and PCB board layout. Workplace is pretty relaxed, but they expect you get your work done on time.
Pros
Got along with most of the engineers
Cons
Some of the managers can be difficult
I Loved Working for This Company
Field Service Expert/Customer Trainer (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAAugust 17, 2017
Everything was great about this company! Our supervisor was very amicable and had something about him that "made" you want to work for this fellow!! The company's culture was very similar to that of a beloved family. Training and learning opportunities were great and so were opportunities to travel. What I enjoyed most about working for Scientific Research Corporation was that I was given the opportunities to continue working with Marines, learn and new skillet, and to work for the best civilian company I have yet to work for! The hardest part of the job was them loosing the contract to Kratos. (By the way, SRC loosing the contract plays no part in my attitude towards Kratos. I felt that clarity is a necessity to eliminate any misunderstandings).
Pros
Cons
Not being able to continue to work with SRC
Interesting work
Senior Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALJuly 20, 2017
Check email for updates to work schedule,
Go to work on current project
Make any meetings
Get clarification about changes to project
Make changes
Beg for drawings
Pros
Great technican challenges
Cons
Management doesn't communicate well
Productive Workplace
Technical Writer II (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAJuly 19, 2017
Productive and encouraging work atmosphere. Dependable leadership and co-workers makes the daily events easy to manage. Workloads are manageable and if you require assistance, it is available.
Good Place to Work
Intelligence Analyst/Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 16, 2017
Company takes care of you. Annual raises and recognition of hard work. One of the better government contracting companies I have worked for in my career. Like any other government contract, there's always a worry of lack of job security.
Solid Company to work for
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 15, 2017
Good pay. Privately owned company. My managers were fair and the support from my direct supervisors was good. Efforts to keep staff was good. I let SRC only because my wife transferred with her job causing me to follow.
Going downhill fast
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 1, 2017
SRC used to be a great company to work for. Declining quality of management and HR Department. Does not take care of their employees. Usually terminates using the "work at will" policy.
OK, benefits.
Pros
no micromanagement
Cons
poor management decisions
Solid Place to work
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 24, 2017
Managers care about developing their workforce. Not just for the good of the company, but for the employees own personal benefit. Job Security can be a little shaky, as are most mid/small sized defense contracting companies.
Pros
Profesional Development
Cons
No long term coverage guarantee
Fullfilling Place to work
HR/Recruiting Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMay 9, 2017
A great place to work with an awesome team. The management is easy to work with and set reasonable expectations. The only downside is the insurance is not wonderful.
Productive and fun environment
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Eielson AFB, AK 99702April 27, 2017
SRC has a productive yet relaxed but fun environment. There was a lot of support given to anyone that needed it. There was always something new to be learned which made the job a great experience.
A great company to work for.
Senior Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2017
During the eighteen years I was there, I was given opportunities to learn multiple software packages and move up in the organization. Working under pressure was sometimes hectic but the end result was rewarding. Excellent working conditions and the staff was awesome.
Pros
Educational opportunities and good working conditions.
laid off
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 15, 2017
went fast because always kept busy and learn how do my jobs and respect was great learning them work and watch don,t fall. and got bonus pay . raise
Pros
get bonus
Cons
did have enough work
Productive work place with good camaraderie
Technician II (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAFebruary 7, 2017
A typical contract job under the government. The contract goes for a year up to a year and a half. The pace varies on the amount of load needed to be completed.
Pros
You will get your hours
Cons
No pay raises or promotion potential.
Fast paced, technology company
HR Business Partner/Senior Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2017
Good place to work but come there with job knowledge. A typical day last 8 to 9 hours. Management styles vary by group and function.
Pros
DoD
Cons
DoD
Politics truth work ethic
Configuration Manager (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJanuary 11, 2016
This company speaks out of two side of their mouth. They say they are committed to their employees, but they don't really mean it.
Runway Technician in Antartica
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Ross Island, AnarticaDecember 18, 2015
Travel to Ross Island Antarctica to setup, maintain and repair three different runways per season. I would have to leave in August and return in March.
Pros
Antartica
Cons
Antartica
SRC Provides Interesting Work Environment With Great Benefits
Senior Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 5, 2015
I have had the opportunity to work with exceptional coworkers for multiple different and exciting projects. My benefits are real hard to beat. A Very Technical Environment that will test your knowledge and skills.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
None that I can think of