Scientific Research Corporation

Scientific Research Corporation Employer Reviews

Excellent place to work
Field Service Engineer II (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: brown bag training lunches, many community drives and events, versatille positions
Cons: down sizing and no job placement when
There were many moral events where multiple codes could connect. Many reliable and knowledgeable persons onboard. Friendly atmosphere. OSHA standards strictly followed.
Very unique and interesting experience
Electronics Technician III (Current Employee), North Charleston, SC and AntarcticaSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: travel to new zealand, experiencing antarctica
Cons: being gone the holiday season every year, weather
This job has been a great experience by being to live and work in one of the most remote places on earth. Deploying to Antarctica is something that the average person cannot say. The work can be tiring but it is worth it because not many people can keep up with the work pace and the ever changing environment. The scenery is beautiful and being in 24 hour daylight is mind blowing.
A typical day can go from one end of the spectrum to another because of the weather conditions. But usually you would do all of the equipment checks and document everything to keep accurate records. You would also travel to remote locations to perform preventive maintenance on weather equipment. Travel is also necessary to the South Pole to do equipment checks there also another unique experience.
The management is laid back and let you perform the tasks on your own once you have proven yourself to be competent and reliable.
They also are very knowledgeable on all of the equipment. I've filled in for the Runway Supervisor and that was a good experience but very busy because I would always be on call if anything came up after hours.
There is usually a constant rotation of new hires, but mainly prior service individuals that are used to long deployments, Everyone gets along for the most part but like any deployment you sometimes tire of seeing the same people everyday. Some people get cabin fever but it is normal with being such a remote place.
Standard Contracting company
Systems Engineer III (Former Employee), Charleston, SCSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: pays well compared to other contracting companies
Cons: benefits are not the best for what you pay.
Some really great people to work with which made the job much more enjoyable.
Good Engineering Experience
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJune 12, 2014
Pros: good people, flexible hours
Very diverse tasking allows for increasing skill set and gaining a wide range of engineering experience
Open atomosphere
Assistant Program Manager (PM) (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJune 5, 2014
Pros: free coffee and relaxed enviroment
Cons: horrible healthcare, "good ole boy" system in full effect.
This company has been great to work for with the exception of some small bumps in the road. The atmosphere is great, the people are friendly and job is rewarding. However, the compensation packages leave a lot to be desired. The health coverage offered is the worst I've ever had hands down.
Mismanaged
Engineer (Former Employee), San DiegoApril 1, 2014
The worst managed company that I ever worked for. They wanted us to come in often on our off days to work and put in our own hours for certifications and office ra ra meetings and did not want to pay for the hours for taking the test for the required certifications. The project I worked on was mismanaged and it was apparent that there was a disconnect between the customers desires and what management was doing to manage the project. It was basically a CHEAP company to work for.
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee), Ausgusta, GAMarch 28, 2014
Work hard Play hard.

Most enjoyable part of my job is helping people.
Like-minded co-workers with shared interests and mission.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: travel and meeting new people; especially military personnel.
Cons: uncertainty of work availability and project longevity.
I like starting the day early and touching bases with associates and support colleagues so that I have an up-to-date status of my project that affects any tasks in the pipe line. What impressed me most is the engineers and technicians that I work with. I've learned from their expertise in application software and architecture and it inspires me to seek certifications in such. I've also made a decision to enroll in college. The difficulties on the job are varied, especially when schedules are moved to the left; the pace upon necessity becomes much faster which includes ensuring requisitioned materials and services are available at the appropriate times. What becomes difficult also is the restrictions on one's ability to perform tasks and achieve mission objectives by seemingly conflicting DoD contractual regulations. What balances the difficulties is the knowledge that I'll have a part in producing a product that gives our customers (American warfighter) the edge in combat theatre.
Great working enviroment
Project Manager (Current Employee), North Charleston, South CarolinaMarch 20, 2014
Pros: relaxed and low-key environment, flexible lunch and work hours
Cons: tuition assistance
-A typical day is not really common for me at my job; however, there are things a few things that do tend to exist from day to day such as answering e-mails, attending meetings, drafting reports and reconciling the project's finances.
-SRC was able to promote from within by allowing me to climb the ladder from an electronics technician to a Project Manager. I had good mentors from senior management as well as peers to make this possible and learned quite a bit from a vast array of company expertise.
-I've had the usual range of co-workers but for the most part, I've enjoyed working with the majority of them.
-I can't really put my finger on a "hardest part of my day." There are challenges to my job but I wouldn't consider them to be hard.
-The most enjoyable parts of my day can be found in the successes we've had and the challenges ahead as well as the great teams I've had the pleasure of sharing them with.
Leader in Joint Test and Evaluation
Senior Analyst / Test Manager (Current Employee), Peterson AFB, COMarch 4, 2014
SRC leads the Department of Defense market for joint test and evaluation engineering services.
Very nice company to work for.
Tech II (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 29, 2014
Very nice company to work for. People are friendly, and supportive. Positive work environment.
Large to mid-sized company with small company feel.
Sr. Systems Analyst, Integrated Systems (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2014
SRC is a very lean and efficient company, as far as internal operations and contract proposals. SRC hires very experienced, qualified personnel, they win lucrative contracts, and pay their employees well.
SRC - Great Family Orinetated Company
Senior Systems Engineer (DCGS), SPAWAR-Atlantic (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCDecember 9, 2013
Great organization to work for, but to bad the customer in SPAWAR-Atlantic is so misled by its senior civil service leadership.

The government lab should be making money, but does not due to a lack of practical experience by those at the top and the canning of experienced contractors, most who were senior military types with professional degrees and experience to match or exceed their civil service counterparts.

Go to SRC for anything but DoD related jobs !!!!
Body Shop
Principal Engineer (Former Employee), Charleston, SCDecember 5, 2013
Pros: people are great
Cons: pyramid scheme company
There is no Research in Scientific Research Corporation.
It was a bait and switch company for me; top management let me down.
Productive workplace; positive corporate mindset, based on perormace and superior customer service.
Systems Analyst III (Former Employee), San Diego, CaNovember 16, 2013
Pros: excellent work environment; job satisfaction.
Cons: long hours.
Provided customer support to large world wide user group, addressing issues regarding Technical Manuals supporting long range aircraft.
Gathered, analyzed, and screened engineering drawings, schematics, and technical source data for incorporation into Technical Manuals.
Interviewed wide variety of personnel to provide improved customer service.
Performed analysis of contractual requirements and military specifications for technical publication updates.
Educating - Political
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 11, 2013
Pros: innovating
At SRC you will gain a knowledge for government and politics. While working for a group of Scientists and Engineers you will learn the importance of the technology created for the United States military and government.
good place to work
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2013
Pros: training for my position was very good
Cons: difficult to get promoted or change to other positions once locked into a specific role
I enjoyed working with SRC, but felt that opportunities for further training or advancement were lacking for me. Left there after about 1.5 year.
Ok place to work, just repetitious
Senior Drafting Engineer (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCSeptember 10, 2013
Sat at the computer, not a lot of hands on. Was not giving a lot of room for growth in the company. Also, being a govy contract, it has pros and cons.
N/A
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Shewsbury, NJAugust 8, 2013
Great exposure to latest radio technologies.
Contracting - need more solid long term contracts.
Work was great before sequester
Field Service Engineer III/Technical Supervisor (Current Employee), North Charleston SCJuly 30, 2013
Trickle down effect is taking its toll, but this company appears to be trying to overcome

About Scientific Research Corporation

Scientific Research Corporation (SRC) doesn't limit its services to the laboratory. The government contractor provides a wide – Read more