Scientific Technologies Corporation is looking for a seasoned executive manager to lead STC’s software development efforts. The individual would report directly to the Chief Operations Officer, and therefore must be able to demonstrate proven leadership experience while having the ability to innovate, formulate creative strategies, and bring them to life. An ideal candidate will bring an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for his/her work.
As an executive team member of STC, you have access to an executive compensation plan, terrific benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, AD&D, life insurance, and 401K with profit sharing potential. For more information on STC, visit our web site www.stchome.com.
- Supports and improves critical business strategies by directing the development, implementation, and maintenance of business applications systems.
- Plans, estimates costs and ensures projects meet strategic needs.
- Manages a team of analysts and developers responsible for the organization's applications development and analysis function.
- Evaluates existing applications to determine technical changes, schedules projects and resources, and monitors project timelines.
- Sets and implements policies and procedures related to application quality standards and testing.
- Software programming and design.
- Database maintenance, support, and development.
- Client management from a technical perspective.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering.
- Ten or more years software development experience.
- Must have five or more years experience supervising developers and/or leading projects with multiple developers.
- Must have two or more years of experience with responsibilities for full product development lifecycle.
- Open software experience with HAPI, Linux or PostgreSQL. Plus a clear understanding of GPL, LPGL and other OSS licenses.
- Should have experience working with customer service representatives to be able to understand customer requirements and delivery expectations.
- Must have experience with Java.
- Should be familiar with some or all of the following: JSP, XML, SQL, J2EE frameworks, Struts, Ant, and one or more Java Application Servers (Tomcat, Oracle 10gAS, etc.)
- Should be familiar with Oracle and MS SQL database tools.
- Experience with software development life cycles and database development and design preferred.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to travel on occasion.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team and work under tight time constraints.
- Customer and account management experience desirable.
- Must be a United States citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986.
To apply please visit www.Scientific-Technologies-Jobs.com.