Scioto Services Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHAugust 4, 2017
Great place to work , full and part-time, management is great and compassion. Easy work, nothing hard about the jobs, great hours especially if you looking for part-time work.
great place to work
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Madison, OH, Perry, Ohio, Mentor on the LakeJuly 10, 2017
the Hardest part of the job is waiting for supplies to be delivered
been waiting a full month for a box of bath room tissue and 2 boxes of large trash bags to be delivered and misc spray cleaning supplies
Pros
can work by myself
it was a good job
Day Porter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 3, 2017
I liked my job but its time to move on to bigger and better things I'm looking to better myself and looking forward to seeing better day I clean bathrooms the workers their were nice to me I loved my job and the hours were from 7am to 3.30pm over all I liked the job I did my job well
Pros
I was a good worker
Cons
there are no words it was a good job just looking forward to a better day and job
Other Work Experience (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 31, 2017
Working for this company has been great. Love management and the balance of work and life. Turnover is a little high, but you meet wonderful people and it makes the work environment better.
Cons
The pay is below minimum standard
easy flexible work
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 11, 2017
The offer flexible hours with little advancement. Its a good part time job to earn extra money. The buildings were easy to learn, must pay attention to detail. There is minimal supervision with this position. The bring all supplies to make the job functional.
Horrible
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 10, 2017
I worked there...and we could never keep people the manger was unprofessional and childish. In two months we had 25 employees. Worst place ever to work if i could rate a 0 I would.
Library
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHMay 8, 2017
Cleaning restrooms, staff area, dusting book shelves and other areas needed, mopping, sweeping taking out trash filling toilet paper dispense and soap dispense . Its a quiet workplace and I enjoy it.
Pros
peacefull
Cons
at night
Productive place to work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 8, 2017
enjoyed working with a group of team members that was a great help when ever it was needed. We all took turns helping each other as a team without any conflict.
Nepotism at its finest. Do place much faith in this job not company...job
Night Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, INApril 27, 2017
I liked it at first as I was promised a supervisor position. Yet as things progressed I grew to be jaded by the way employees were treated and lied to by management. I saw my best employees fired and left due to the underhanded practices of this these "managers".
Pros
Easy work, laid back, great coworkers
Cons
Horrible management, illusions of advancement, racism
Didn't enjoy it.
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILApril 25, 2017
It came down to me just having to work too much for what I was being paid. I was salaried. That was the problem. Only made about $70.00 more a paycheck than the hourly workers under me. They worked 40 and were out. I was there 7 days a week. I was working from home. I was constantly on the road without any compensation. My first month there I worked 23 days without a day off. If I would have been getting overtime the job would have been great. The managers above me were helpful and knowledgeable. If you want a non-management full-time job this is a great place. Would have loved this job when I was 20. 4 days on 3 off. Decent pay. But don't go for management. When I calculated it out I was only making about $6.00 an hour because I was salaried. That and some of the childish drama from the workers made me walk away from this company.
Pros
Great full-time for non-management. 3 day weekends. Decent pay.
Cons
Stay out of management. Or negotiate better than I did.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 4, 2017
In school setting ,managed 4-5 employees, was hands on type manager, accountable for attendance , breaks, checking over work performed at end of shift.
Exhausting and worth every moment.
Floor Technician/Floating Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 20, 2017
Every day would be a different experience. Loading and unloading the work vans. Travelling all over Columbus to prepare, extract, wax, and clean all types of flooring. Working with multiple clients and employees. I learned that two people who trust their knowledge can do just about anything. Also, that quality can be perfect if you plan every moment with calculated precision. I learned more about floors and chemistry than any previous employment. Primarily, it was a two person crew. sometimes we would spit up and do twice the work with separate locations and teams. I really enjoyed all of the work. the hardest part of the job was the amount of constant physical labor and long hours. Walking into a location that was nearly destroyed and walking out with it completely clean and sparkling is a very satisfying feeling. that was how I felt nearly every morning.
Pros
every night was a grand challenge.
Cons
I never knew when the shift would start or end.
Easy job, pays enough for work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 15, 2017
Very independent work. My supervisor wouldn't visit my site very often and because of it I would never get the tools I needed. Other than that the work was easy enough for the type of work they wanted. I always got 40hrs a week.
Pros
Easy enough work
Cons
not much room for advancement
Productive and great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 10, 2017
handled air cooled units, wired motors and installed into units, sheetmetal producing parts for product, welded framework, crated units for shipping, part of safety team.
Pros
Anual lunches
Cons
Non
Former employer
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHFebruary 13, 2017
Horrible managment. Never saw my supervisors. Supervisors wouldn't bring me supplies. I worked hours 5pm to 9pm after a year I started leaving early because I would get my job done early. I got fired for that. Supervisors constantly changed and didn't even know it.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
The whole company sucks
liked the hours
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHJanuary 25, 2017
Management did not listen to the complaints of the customer, concerning another employee, therefore resulting in the loss of the contract,hard to work wit someone who is lazy
Pros
great hours
Cons
didn't monitor employees, or check on them
It was an easy job, but poorly ran.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Piqua, OHJanuary 4, 2017
I liked the job and the people I worked with, but the management team was constantly changing. I would have liked for the company to have been more constant.
Professional Armed or Unarmed Security Services
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 22, 2016
Excellent work environment. Would work for them again. Must have a professional attitude and a willingness to serve the company and the client on a daily basis.
fine place to work for school student
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHNovember 30, 2016
management was good and training was great too. free meal each shift you worked and worked well with hours i needed off for school. hiring process was fast and easy
Helpful coworker
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Fairview hospital Cleveland OhioNovember 19, 2016
Nice place to work and because if we can keep the hospital there is a lot help for sick patients .keeping hygienic is really helpful for all of us
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scioto Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9