Scivantage Employee Reviews in United States

New management intent on destroying this company
Product Manager - Product Operations (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 22, 2016
Scivantage has never been profitable. It has very good products but has always been ineffective at figuring out how to make money off of them. For this reason an ever-expanding management team was hired on in 2015 and most of the people that knew and built the company and the products were let go to make room. Unfortunately the company was now left with no know-how or experience, but in addition now had many more Vice Presidents than before drawing a salary while trying to learn software development on the fly and not really getting "it". Anchor clients are leaving. Management is hoping they sell the company to an unsuspecting conglomerate before the balance sheet implodes.
Pros
work from home :)
Cons
work from home is mandatory because they defaulted on the office lease :(
Productive and exciting workplace
Account Executive, Relationship Management (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 27, 2014
Day consisted of reacting to client issues affecting their web site, which we hosted. Making sure platform operations is aware of the problem and scheduling development team's fix , testing and release. This was the hardest part of the job.

Also, conducted contact with all clients to see if service levels were being kept, satisfaction , and if there were any additional products or services they needed. This was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
free lunches, client events
Cons
no downtime, consistantly reachable by email or phone after work hours
Lack of comradery and training
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 19, 2013
There was no unity between the Jersey City office and the Boston office as each employee shared the same job title so it was more competitive than unified. When I first commenced the position, I had to essentially train myself as there was no assistance from management or peers. Please note that I am speaking from my own experience and the department I worked in. The position as I assumed during the interview process would have been much similar to the prior position I quit just to work there. Which was inaccurate, the position was highly technical and as mentioned prior lacked support from co-workers and management. In the short time that I was employed there, I can honestly say it wasn't an enjoyable experience.
Pros
unlimited beverages and the compensation package was okay
Cons
no unity, unfriendly environment, lack of training, and job security
Great Work Experience but lacks Management.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 22, 2013
Work environment is great. People are fun to work with. Flexible hours but have to pull long work hours to get work done. As far as management level goes, the department itself lacks structure and methodologies to follow. Everything happens at the last minute and things gets thrown at you at anytime without proper instructions from the managers and team members. Managers them self does not have proper way of managing priorities for the day and that throws you off because your entitled for last minutes issues/showstoppers that come across. Their is a huge communication gap within departments. An employee has to be able to fit into their environment according to peoples personalities. Can't be a leader, have to be a follower and that's not good.
Pros
varieties of free snacks, soda and lunches.
Cons
no work structure/methodologies. people work according to their mood.
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 9, 2014
This company sponsors employees for the series 7. Management is very supportive and helps you understand complex issues that arise.
Nice firm and a specialized product offering
Lead Implementation/ Project Manager - (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 2, 2013
Firm has a great group of dedicated employees and a cool product offering.

2.9