SCL Health Employee Reviews

Great team and work environment.
Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 17, 2017
I have the ability to build, test, and implement effective measures to improve my workplace without being micromanaged. Management has been nothing but positive and strives to create a healthy and successful environment.
Contract Employee
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marillac ClinicAugust 23, 2017
I was a contract employee for St. Mary's and worked at Marillac Clinic. I worked at the front desk checking patients in and out. I loved my job and I loved getting to know the patients. However, management is horrendous, and if you had a bigger problem and decided to go to HR (which is through St. Mary's) they would suggest talking to the COE or the manager of the clinic. Even if the problem was related to those people they would still suggest trying to figure it out with them. Also you do not want to get me started on how unbelievably sexist the men are in that building. A man that started almost a year and a half after me was getting paid dollars more an hour for way less work.
Pros
Great co-workers, weekends off, easy tasks
Cons
Management, disruptive patients more often than not, very little advancement
what I learned
Prevention Specialist / Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 4, 2017
Working for SCL Health was an experience I have come to value. It taught me alot about myself, my beliefs and my work ethic. SCL Health may be a Catholic Organization but they are far from a Catholic faith driven system. This is a business and to believe that they will support you and encourage you is far from what they do. This place will make you question everything about what yourself and how far you are willing to compromise your beliefs to help hide their secrets. They will bring politics to the work place and if you do not agree with them they will simply make it very uncomfortable to be there.
Fun, loving fast past work enviroment with a lot of growth prodential
Medical Assistant/Back Office Lead (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 3, 2017
Great place to work. I have been there 12 years and I drive 40 miles one way. The drive is getting to me. Management is great, provider's are great. SCL offers classes free to the employee's
Great co workers, Pay doesn't match cost of living
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 1, 2017
Great co workers, management, training process.
However, the pay doesn't match cost of living or the amount of work you have to do.
They have a high turn over rate this is why.
Provides good employee benefits
Practice Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 25, 2017
Good place to work, catholic based . I have been emplo 5 years and everyone there is really nice. Management team is supportive as well as physicians.
Pros
Employee incentives/ Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Currently going through a reorganization
Productive and cooperative workplace
Dishwasher/Caterer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2017
I always felt like I was a valued part of the team so long as I put in the effort. It was always encouraged that every part of the kitchen needed to work together to get the job done, and I never felt stressed or pushed outside my comfort zone to make it happen. I always felt welcomed and appreciated once I put my mind to the task.
Pros
Free drinks, employee discount for food. Free leftovers.
Cons
No free lunches, equipment isn't always the most reliable.
Horrible Management and Horribly Run... Only Focus on Money
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 28, 2017
For a company of this size it is very unorganized and is constantly putting out fires that were created internally. Leadership micromanages and only focuses on numbers. Insurance here is basically catastrophic coverage and they force you to use all SCL health doctors and hospitals or its considered out of network. You do get PTO which is nice, but if you use because you are sick and it was not approved you get penalized. When the systems go down you get sent home early with either no pay or having to use your PTO.

This company has very high turn over since they don't treat employees well. As a result many of the employees are new and don't have the slightest clue what they are doing. Management can't train them because they don't have a clue either. We have a training department, but they can only teach so much since most of them have never actually been in the role they are training on. I wish the disorganization was just my department, but in my 3 years here it appears to be company wide.

Overall, this company makes the appearance that it cares about patients and employees, but really only focuses on the insane amount of money coming in.
Pros
Most of the employees you work with really care and are great people.
Cons
leadership is horrible!
Great experienced co-workers
Registered Nurse, PRN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 9, 2017
Loved my peers at SCL Health. Worked with some of the best nurses in Denver. Busy ED, busy system. A lot of new doctors and staff. Short training period with high acuity.
Pros
peers, learning opportunities
Great environment to work in.
MANAGED PRINT SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 8, 2017
Managed a team that focused on reducing costs for the company and improve work processes for our customers.

Managed a great group of people who were like family.
Great benefits that's it.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTJune 7, 2017
Working for SCL health was interesting to say the least. They broadcast themselves as this catholic based organization one of who's values and a system is to foster gods healing love. But the reality is they just want to put on that face. So few actually care about their employees and they don't care what circumstance led to what if you don't fit in their picture they will discriminate against you.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Everything else
good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COMay 25, 2017
this is a nice place to work, high turnover, poor management, decent pay. good people to work with. needs more accountability on managements part. would recommend working here
Poor Management
BILLING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 18, 2017
This was a great place to learn and advance one's skills. However, management is very poor quality. My direct supervisor cussed me out in front of my co-workers and was never held responsible. The HR was not supportive of their employees.
Pros
Nice cafeteria
Cons
Gossipy culture
Restructuring ongoing with weak management
Business Analyst Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 6, 2017
High pressure with very little infra structure. Teams do not work well together, are not organized and not in the same page. Management has little experience and cannot provide guidance. Team members are not treated the same way and there is discrimination at work.
Pros
If you do not mind chaos the salary is good
Cons
The company has a lot to learn and grow in terms of design and delivery
Sketchy technicalities
Male Nurse (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 6, 2017
By Colorado law, they need to have 25 beds or more to be classified as a hospital. I've seen 23 beds and less. AND NO...A stretcher is not a bed! State board should really look into this facility and other "urgent care" facilities. This capitalization on healthcare is really getting out of hand.
Great Health benifits
Government Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 21, 2017
This company is very employee related. They want to best for their associates and they offer classes to help associates better themselves. Most managers are easy to work for.
No Loyalty
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  ColoradoApril 13, 2017
Don't plan on them holding up their end of a verbal agreement. Had a verbal agreement for a position and they didn't even have the respect or decency to just communicate they couldn't honor it- which is FINE but just have enough respect and class to communicate that and don't hide and pretend you aren't available to be an adult and let me know. Would never work with SCL again. Administration was like most hospitals a bunch of "old wood" that needed to go- hopefully that happened. More importance on "looks and dress" than hard work and commitment.
Pros
? Location
Cons
As above
Excellent
Professional Fee Coder 1 (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 27, 2017
I like working for SCL Health. Everyone works as a team and is willing to help. I have learned a lot from working here. I am the coder I am today because of working with experienced coders. The hardest part of my job is working denials. Sometimes it is hard to understand what the insurance companies want. I love being a medical coder.
An organization committed to the mission of improving the health of the people and communities it serves
Internal Audit Director (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 21, 2017
SCL Health is a great organization to work. It cares about its associates and truly wants to improve the health of the people and communities it serves.
Work Force Reduction
Director of Emergency Services (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTFebruary 21, 2017
Faith base organization that claims your not a number, but they will lay you off without notice. Like all health care organizations they are faced with hard financial times. However, the work force is the soul of the organization and needs to be treated with respect. Transparency in leadership is not SCL Health behavior. The concept of SCL Health is great, the practical application fails it mission.
Pros
The workforce is fill with great people
Cons
Finanically unstable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCL Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6