The Scleroderma Foundation, Delaware Valley Chapter, a non-profit health care agency, is seeking a new Executive Director (ED) who will build and be responsible for implementation of the policies, and planned strategic goals and objectives of the organization. A successful candidate will have direct fundraising experience, including event planning, contributions, grants & special events, a knowledge of related software, social media and the ability to work off hours for special events. Exceptional organizational skills, communication and the ability to multitask are a must.
The position requires a minimum 4-5 yrs relevant experience in managing non-profit organizations and proven track record of successful fund raising/event planning. The ED will have a minimum of a bachelors degree; advanced degree preferred but not mandatory.
Compensation based on experience.
As the leader of a forward thinking organization, we require a dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial executive director (ED) who will lead our organization in achieving our strategic goals, and implement the policies and objectives of the organization. The ED is the chief fundraiser and oversees the financial, program, and administrative management of the organization. . As the public face of company, the ED must embody and champion our values and principles. The ED must have the ability to see the larger picture, while skillfully managing details and establishing a stable and productive working environment. The ED is expected to make well-informed decisions, and respect and be empowered by diverse perspectives.
The salary will be commensurate with experience.
Key Qualities and Preferred Experience
- Deeply committed to the mission, vision, and values
- Collaborative and cooperative, with demonstrated success in coalition building.
- Leadership experience in building a thriving membership organization is a strong advantage
- Optimistic, articulate and a skillful problem solver; a community leader who values diversity, authenticity and accountability
- Entrepreneurial with a proven track record of raising and increasing revenue annually through innovative processes of earned income and grant receipt
- Has at least 4 years experience working with, or in, the non- profit sector and understands the increasing challenges of the non-profit environment
- Has at least 4 years executive experience managing a non-profit budget of $500,000+, with proven financial management skills
- Has executive experience working effectively with a board of directors
- Has demonstrated skill in engaging with key stakeholders in strategic thinking, planning and implementation
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills; proficient in appropriate technologies and social media platforms
- Lead staff and members in developing and implementing high quality programs and strategic partnerships that engage and inspire members and partners, helping them become advocates for the vision and mission of the foundation.
- Lead the creation and implementation of an aggressive plan for diverse revenue generation. Work with the Board and staff to ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
- Oversee the smooth running of all the day-to-day operations and functions to ensure a lawful and efficient use of resources.
- Work with staff to develop and oversee effective and compelling communications to members, the media, and the community at large
- Establish and maintain a positive and effective working relationship between the board and staff, and provide strategic support to the board in all its activities and responsibilities
- Provide leadership and clear direction for the staff, communicating clearly and constructively on objectives and performance while fostering a collaborative and creative culture
- Work with staff to manage finances well and provide regular reports to the Finance Committee and Board of Directors. With support from staff, finance committee and the board, create and manage budgets, and implement initiatives, systems and success measures for financial resources
- Maintain and expand the local and national profile through public and professional contacts
- Lead the organization in fulfilling its strategic plan
Indeed - 8 months ago