SCM

SCM Employer Reviews

Fast paced guest service
Service Center Manager VIOC (Current Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNFebruary 27, 2013
Service vehicle needs for our guests on a first come first serve basis. Interact with the guests to educate them on their vehicles recommendations and provide excellent customer service.
unity of christian youth
Programme Secretary (Western India Region) (Former Employee), Indore, MPJuly 4, 2014
Pros: free tea
Cons: no time limit
I was programmer secretary of western india region, travelling job I loved this job very much. where I used to learnt many things about the planning organizing programmers and funding also .
Very busy workplace with frequent last minute decisions. Reactive rather than proactive
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Cornwall, ONJune 17, 2014
Pros: consistently busy, continuous strategy changes/adaptation
Cons: long hours, frequent chaos management, unclear vision, not a people business, reactive not pro-active
A typical day at work as a manager at SCM involves a plan for the day, reviewed by the GM's, several long meetings that are not always as productive as desired, some time on the warehouse floor interacting with associates and supervisors, update planning meeting in the afternoon, constant review of the plan reacting to priorities and other misc. needs – more... throughout the day. A review and report over the previous day's results, trends, etc. Strategy for manpower planning and performance results for the foreseeable future.
I have learned how to manage a sizable team of people, react quickly to frequent last minute changes to the plan, strategize to meet expectations, and recognize and keep track of important and critical information. I learned how to make short term and long term plans, manage people, complete yearly assessments and reviews and design Goals and development plans for my supervisors.
I have great co-workers who are very supportive and dedicated to the business.
The hardest part of the job is that the direction changes frequently with no set philosophy as to the direction and vision that the company needs to pursue. For example a yearly budget is designed around cost cutting, sacrifices are made to sustain that vision (manpower cuts, expenditure cuts, downgrading of equipment), then it gets busy or it turns out the cost cutting was excessive and the business reacts to that by complete disregard to the vision and philosophy that had been put in place for that year. The cost incurred to complete the recovery is often far greater than the cost of heeding to advice from experienced managers called out at the time the budget was being designed. There is no tolerance to recover from a situation over a period of time, it needs to be done immediately, with little regard to people issues.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of accomplishment when completing an insurmountable task or project and the motivation from the sense of relief when a situation has been dealt with and successfully resolved. – less
I had a excellent working environment but lack of opportunities led me to take the decision
Analyst (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 28, 2014
fun place to work
Receiver (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONMarch 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch once in a while price for feedback
Cons: long hour stable job
empty traillers
rescan product
put them on the right chain
for all walmart
good coworker
nice boss
security awesome
SCM
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee), Pune, MHJanuary 6, 2014
The Company is globally leader in the Pigment Industry.
Work Culture & Profile was very exciting & very challenging.
Learned lot of the new system for smooth running of work.
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 10, 2013
* worked the night shift, picked over 1200 cases on a regular bases
* learned that keeping a tidy working environment is very important to eliminate or minimize hazards at work
* the supervisors were very friendly, a bit kind of strict, but it was all for the right purpose, which is to push us harder to do our job more professionally
*hardest part of – more... the job is working in the freezer, -45degrees
* most enjoyable part of my job was meeting my goals at the end of the night. that's when my supervisor admires me and i feel good about myself
*i left SCM in may and returned back to school since my break was over – less
Executive Associate (Former Employee), Lucknow, UPSeptember 13, 2013
Good experience to work in the largest Tower company which is the merger of Airtel, idea and Vodafone
Very safe workplace.
Maintenance Team Member/Building operator (Former Employee), Balzac, ABSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: extremely safe, friendly
Cons: salary, location
Work in this company was very easy. There is a friendly management.
Hard work
Factory (Former Employee), 4120 Dixie Rd #9a Mississauga, ONJuly 23, 2013
A typical work day is you do what management tells you
I have learned how to work as a bigger group
Management work was fair
Co-workers where focused on the task at hand
Hardest part of the job was the lifting
The most enjoyable part was the people i worked with
Great but unrelated
Shipper (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 2, 2013
Working experience is great. Everyone is very supporting and nice. This is the job that pays the bills until I'm able to launch my IT career off the ground.
Productive,with social club have fun activities to chane mind
D.A. Goods receiving person (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: free launches on ocacions
Cons: some times get bit tired
It is good place to work.Every day you learn new things.Management and team members respects each other.People works from almost all parts of the world.You have to keep up with the task. It is very smooth to keep up.
Fast Paced Environment
SAFETY & COMPLIANCE (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours
Learned new skills in health & safety field. Diverse culture in the company.
A work load
Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: good wages
Cons: back problems in the future.
working for SCM was hard and competitive, needed too make sure all labels were correct or you would be shipping too the wrong stores, management was fine, my co-workers were awsome, hardest part of the job was consecutive lifting of 80 + pounds, Was when you got the job done.
very fun environment
General Labourer (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONNovember 6, 2012
Cons: 9 hrs
Over all at the end I met some amazing people, I got to learn alot, and to work with others, to learn to have patience, It was very interesting for me. The hardest part of the day was leaving work, always enjoyed going in seeing all my co workers.
Relaxed office enviroment
Bodily Injury Desktop Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2012
Pros: *****
Cons: no room for advancement, and long hours
-You have to bill a minimum of 8.5 hours
-How to become more organized
-Management here are very interesting,very different and do not follow a typical corporate environment
fast paced physically demanding and must have superior organizational skill
Lead hand (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJuly 25, 2012
Pros: finish work by 1 pm
Cons: heavy work
Working with a partner and starting very early morning were great aspects of this positon. As the lead hand of this team I had to be very organized and be able to delegate tasks. Cleaning up to 13 buildings in a 6 or 7 hr. shift was very demanding. Many people could not keep up the pace but I was finally blessed with a great co-worker. The only problem – more... with this position was that the monetary part was really under par for the demands of this job. – less
Top end logistics company with very safe working environment
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee), CalgaryApril 30, 2012
Pros: education opportunities, very wonderful friendships
Cons: very long hours, along with expectation to work any shift.
SCM is a top-of-the-line logistics company that set the standard for safety and efficiency in shipping and receiving large volumes of product.

Health & Safety was the most important focus in the organization and every effort was made to create a clean and safe work environment. This contributed very much to the overall pride and efficiency of the company.

When – more... I worked for SCM they emphasized promoting from within which provided great opportunity for advancement at the company from the entry level to management positions. For people looking to advance their career in logistics, there were management positions to apply for. That said, there was limited opportunity to move beyond low-level management as turn-over was very low and seniority was a strong factor.

Internal education opportunities existed including corporate values and leadership training, as well as health and safety training. SCM also has an educational reimbursement program that can contribute towards certificates and training related to logistics. – less
Excelente ambiente de trabajo
Agente de Servicios (Former Employee), Durango, DURFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: uno administra el trabajo
Cons: poca paga y de ahí uno tiene que tomar $ para trasladare con los clientes
excelente ambiente de trabajo ya que conoces muchos clientes es decir el trabajo es en campo
environnement de travail agreable
Infirmiere liberale (Current Employee), St Martin, DTMSeptember 22, 2013
tournee divisee en 2 le matin et une l'apres-midi.
repos reguliers et pose vacances facile
bonne entente entre collegues