SCO Family of Services

SCO Family of Services Employee Reviews

great place to grow
Child Care Worker (Current Employee), Queens, NYNovember 25, 2014
Pros: flexible, alot of hours can be made
Cons: mandated overtime
the hardest part of the day is not being able to leave on time due to waiting on relief/staff. every manager is different, but most managers are flexible.
Bridges 2 Health
Wavier Service Provider (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 22, 2014
Provide Foster Care families with volunteer services like, skill building, crisis avoidance and management, and respite. Assist Foster parents with services.
CASE WORKER/SOCIAL WORKER
Therapeutic Case Worker/Social Worker (Current Employee), Brentwood, NYNovember 10, 2014
Pros: health care benefits, reimbursement for traveling
Cons: traveling over 50% of the time
I have been a case woker/social worker within SCO Family of Services for over 2 years now and everyday is different! Whether I am dealing with emergencies with different clients or spending most of my morning or afternoon documenting all of my monthly contacts, you never know what to expect on a day to day basis while working as a case worker in therapeutic foster care. I have learned to manage my time and prioritize my work as well as learning about different cultural backgrounds of clients and ethnicities. I have been given the opportunity to work with a very special population of children that need specific mental health needs/services and I do my absolute best to make sure that they are receiving the services they need to continue to live a healthy life in a safe environment. I enjoy making a difference in the lives of these children in foster care, however the hardest part of my job is spending the time making the connection with clients who eventually in the end, move on to live with their parents or become adopted into loving families.
Adminisrtation lets good people go to cover there own backs
Unit Supervisor (Former Employee), Sea Cliff, NYNovember 9, 2014
Pros: working with the kids
Cons: administration
Very hypocritical administrators. People in authority should not hold these positions they are not qualified. They break company policy and lie to protect themselves.
I'm interested in a Sales Position
Child Care Worker (Current Employee), Sea Cliff, NYNovember 5, 2014
I assist mentally challenge and disable children during the overnight shift from 11pm - 9am.When I arrive to work at 11pm I am usually assigned to a group of 2 boys who are usually sleeping in their bedroom around that time.During the hours the children are sleeping I make sure that they are secure and while they're are awake I assist them with taking a shower,being fed and putting on their clothes.The hardest part of the job is when the children are misbehaving .The most enjoyable part of my job is teaching the children on how to become more independent then seeing them learning from what you taught them.
Great productive job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Queens, NYOctober 30, 2014
Pros: work experience, giving me a chance when i really did not have experience.
Cons: salary
Learned administrative work, how to be more organized, an focused. Management was very family oriented. Great group of staff.
team work
CASE AIDE/ ESCORT (Former Employee), Queens, NYOctober 23, 2014
Pros: helping
Cons: short breaks
team work and reliable always help others in any situation,
Fun productive workplace
Paid intern (Former Employee), Bronx new yorkOctober 16, 2014
It was a family oriented workplace. I interacted with children helping them with homework and helped prepare healthy nutritious snacks.
Learning tool
Social Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: llimited growth
unorganized management, no compensations, poor leadership. good team members and residents
Overworked, overlooked, overloaded
Administrator (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: they will use you and get all they can out of you
Cons: they will toss you like last weeks left overs
SCO has no regard for staff on any level- they do not practice what they preach- extraordinary reach is what is expected of staff- no training or supervision provided- they combine multiple jobs to cut their overhead costs and blame the staff when last minute deadlines and demands aren't met- unconditional care is just a cover- upper management couldn't care less about your needs- and staff is constantly expected to sacrifice their own families to meet the unreasonable demands being made- life changing results? Well the major life change you can expect from SCO is stress and the health issues that follow- vacation is usually denied if you ask for time especially if you dare say no to unfairly added responsibilities that are in no way part of your job description- if you are looking for a job just to get your feet wet in the workforce- the the abuse of SCO will prepare you for anything
Friendly
Group Leader (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 14, 2014
A day of work at SCO varies some days are good and others are are not. I always ensure that the kids i'm responsible for are doing there homework and understanding what they are doing. I've learned to have patients because all these kids want is to be heard and understood. So with that come an open ear at all times. My co workers are supportive and they help out a lot in difficult situations. We get along very well with just keeping it professional at all times. The hardest part of the job has to be keeping it clean during lunch time. The younger kids tend to drop food on the floor no matter what. I say that because they eat 3 times a day. The most enjoyable part has to be seeing the kids play, laugh, and smile. It brightens up my day with just that. making sure that they are having fun and enjoying themselves.
Child Care Worker (Current Employee), Queens, NYOctober 5, 2014
Fast paced and very interactive with youth.
Monthly trainings and weekly meetings.
Constant follow ups on youths progression and goals
Seeing the children smile... makes this job such a reward
Health Care Integrator (Former Employee), BrooklynSeptember 25, 2014
Awesome experience, rewarding. Protecting the children was the most important part of the job
Good to work
workers (Former Employee), NYSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: pool
Cons: food
A day in this company is totally, People are kindly, every body is soft
not the best experience.
Foster Care Caseworker (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: comfortable work enviorment. decent compensation for entry level
Cons: lack of support.
I felt that the work was challenging. I enjoyed working with the foster care population. However, my supervisor was unreasonable and there was little support from management. Not enough training.
OK Place to work.
Former Employee (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 6, 2014
Great co-workers, no support from management when sought.
great co workers. horribly managed
residential supervisor (Current Employee), WestburyAugust 31, 2014
Pros: good residential staff
Cons: terrible administration. lots of infighting.
Benefits and salary okay....co workers great. Inexperienced clinical staff and administration with egos make for a drama filled and tense work environment that trickles to the kids. The place is falling apart.
In It For the Children
Visual Arts Specialist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 20, 2014
The most enjoyable and rewarding part of this job was the children. Sowing positive elements into their lives was very worthwhile, even though the overall experience wasn't the most ideal.
SCO Family of Services
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Sea Cliff, NYAugust 15, 2014
Working as an HR Administrative Assistant at SCO was a productive and growing experience. My supervisor, team and environment has taught me a variety of aspects that go into a growing successful organization.
Depends on why you are here
Caseworker (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 9, 2014
If you are looking for experience then it's great. The benefits package is not that great and there is a disconnect from the administration and the people who actually do the job. Co-workers make it worth going to work if you have the right team but you will get burned out very quickly if you are not careful

SCO Family of Services Salaries