SCO Family of Services Employee Reviews

government agency
Preventive Services Secretary (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, NYJuly 26, 2017
- a typical day consisted of sending and receiving emails, answering phone calls and taking messages, filing, sending mail, and organizing the office.
-the hardest part of the job was that I could not work any more or any less than 15 hours each week which didn't always allow enough time to finish my work each week.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad clientele, poorly organized, not enough time to work
Great opportunity to work with youth and adolescents.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 24, 2017
No two days are ever the same in this profession and I enjoyed the challenge. I learned that although people may share the same experiences, their interpretations will differ. Management was not good for acknowledging growth within staff's performance. The work culture was a great one in the fact that staff appeared to enjoy working with the residents. The hardest part of the job was witnessing the young ladies go out into the community and and not do well. I enjoy working with the young ladies and their children and witnessing their growth.
Pros
Great chance for advancement as I held three different positions with this organization.
Cons
Management doesn't motivate the staff to want to do better at their jobs.
Needs better management
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 22, 2017
Working with disadvantaged youth was the highlight of my day. Trying to make an impact on thier lives is what was my goal. SCO is one of the worst places to work. Management sucks!!! They do not know what they are doing. Staff is underpaid and treated horrible by managers. Managers only come around when something is wrong. Managers need to speak to staff to resolve issues and not point fingers. They don't train you properly so when you make a mistake they can be condescending and nasty. God help you if the state says you did something wrong instead of sticking with you they will throw you under the bus to take the heat. Managers talk down to anyone not in administration.
Pros
great holiday and sick time
Cons
bad management
Good starter job
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 19, 2017
I worked per diam. It was a good learning experience working with the developmentally disabled adults. it was a good place for new workers.I wished they made me FT
Flexiable Schedule
Youth Development Worker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 10, 2017
There is no growth within this agency. As far as the wages they are the lowest paying company. They need to give raises often with all the paper work.
Not Enough Support from Managment
Therapeutic Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, NYJuly 6, 2017
Not Happy with management and supervisor support. Over worked employees, and unfair working conditions. To much emphasis put into "paper work" then in helping the children.
unpredictable work days but great learning experience.
Teacher's Assistant/Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 3, 2017
The job is underestimated and very stressful. Great field to learn about the special needs community. some days are light but others are filled with a lot of task.
Enjoyable
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 1, 2017
I have worked for this company for almost 5 years and it was a learning experience. If I was ever in need of assistance I know my team was always there to support and assist.
Great Organization
Internship Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 28, 2017
SCO Family of Services is dedicated to serve the community. The only con to working here is no room for growth and no salary increases. Other than that, they provide tuition reimbursement, clinical hours for certification and training's for development in many areas.
maintenance
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2017
I work for sco for four year and it was a great work environment. the people I worked for are good people so it made going to work and performing my task abit easy.
Exciting
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Glen Cove, NYJune 15, 2017
a typical day at work consists of waiting for the kids to get home from school by doing their laundry during the day & getting their snacks prepared for when they come home. Then we have downtime to relax until 530 6 it varies until its time for dinner and then its showers we relax a little more & then bed. Its easy to get along with your coworkers as long as you are all on the same page then no strees will take place. The hardest part of the job i would say is when the kids have a breakdown & now you have to apply what you learned to bring back down to baseline. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to talk & laugh with them plus engage in different activities with them that they enjoy.
Pros
Great Paid Time Off
Cons
Not Enough Money
SCO is terrible
Youth Skills Coach-Therapeutic Foster Care (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11216June 11, 2017
if you enjoy being blamed for other peoples incompetence this is the job for you. work hard all day and give them your all, and still be expected to contribute more as well as pick up the slack of other. the turn over rate is sky high for this agency most people burn out in 4-6 months.
fun
Therapeutic casemaneger (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 9, 2017
I honestly love working for this agency. I love the a majority of the staff, and have fun working at this agency. A majority of the management staff a truly amazing and pleasant to work under i have learned a lot about my self while at this agency.
productive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2017
SCO is a very good place to work with a lot of opportunities to grow. The workplace culture is fun and inviting. What I enjoy the most is how much the company promotes your career growth.
My Experience
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 3, 2017
Professional atmosphere, knowledgeable management, low pay. Besides the low pay for the position i was employed for, staff moral was always high, which made the time seem to pass by quickly.
Pros
environment
Cons
low pay
family oriented
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 2, 2017
Productive and a fun place to workplace. Keep the children involved on daily activities. Enjoy helping the children that comes to the afterschool program on a daily basis.
Nice place to work
Treatment Family Foster Care Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, NYJune 1, 2017
Workplace was nice, co workers are great people. Management was good and listened when you needed them too. they were helpful and was a nice work enviroment.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NY 11758May 30, 2017
helping the individuals become independent in their everyday life. It felt very rewarding to help them be happy, and learn how to do things like cook or brush their teeth
Great job
Head Maintenance/Resident Counselor (Current Employee) –  Westbury, LIMay 22, 2017
IT WAS A GREAT STEPPING STONE. I GAINED ALOT OF EXPERIENCE AND THE WORK SPACE IS CLEAN AND POSITIVE
SCO FAMILY OF SERVICES Head Maintenance/Resident Counselor
General Utility Work including special cleaning, moving furniture, setting up for special conferences and meetings. Floor care- wood, tile, carpet, marble – mopping, washing, buffing, scrubbing. Ensures that residents are provided with quality care in matters of health, safety, hygiene and meals and provides immediate therapeutic crisis intervention. Demonstrates a commitment to the mission of the program by supporting a safe, orderly, caring and therapeutic environment.
Fun work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 19, 2017
Good facility and very welcoming. I was able to obtain skills that I would be able to use in my everyday work life after graduating and going to my career field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCO Family of Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7