Scope Services Inc

Scope Services Inc Employer Reviews

Okay for those who like voluntary OT but can also deal with EXTREME stress!
Installer/Auditor (Former Employee), 3333 Pennsy DriveAugust 3, 2014
Pros: work on your own
Cons: only interested in numbers not legitamate excuses. if your caught in traffic, handheld malfunction, discussion with irate homeowners - you better call your supervisor!!
Typical workday was being lectured about turnaround and minute mishaps for newer employees. We did have a decent manager named Walter London. He did not yell nor belittle any of us too bad. I did get steady raises and time off when needed (family death).

I learned how NOT to get fried using proper safety procedures and made some understandable mistakes. – more... One supervisor was a joke but most were even tempered and understanding.

The only problem was there was no team effort. Techs would sit in a truck on rainy days and skip jobs on their handhelds that required more time to install or in crawlspaces, gates that were allegedly locked or dogs in yard..etc all from the comfort of a air conditioned vehicle. I know this because management got smart and started rotating routes and 80 percent of the jobs I did were doable.

If they would pay more for performers, then others are less likely to slack off. I saw how to achieve this but never really bothered. THEY WILL check up on you every blue moon and if guilty (no gloves infraction or blowing up a box) they will sit you down explain importance of safety, send you home for the day and have you come back the next. The manager and supervisors I came in contact with were okay. They DID get rid of the contracted bigots ones from NC an I think PA since the 98 percent of workforce were black and a few women.

The best part is working on your own and the day flies by if your REALLY doing your job. – less
Ok
Field Technician (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJanuary 26, 2014
This company is an ok company to work for. If you like working outdoors and getting yelled at by customers then this is the job for you. Long hours, little pay and a lot of stress.
Very productive work, enjoyed working outdoors and sweating versus sitting in a cubical anyday.
Utility worker contracted by AEP (Former Employee), Weslaco TxSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: overtime 20+ hours, able to make commision off of extra meters installed
Cons: contracted employment
Everything from co-workers to management were very knowledgable and helpful. Enjoyed working for this company and staff. Pay wasn't very satisfying but a good job to help learn new things about electricity and safety guidelines.
Average Company
Field Rep (Former Employee), Cincinnati OhioSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: descent wages
Cons: long hours and on call.
Management is always changing. Racist and divided company. Raises do not exist. After one year I asked for a raise that I was promised about after one year, I was told it wasn't in the budget. Contracts with local utility company, once contract is up the office will obtain another on or shut down.
good experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAApril 1, 2013
Administration work. very friendly co workers worked as a team, not enough work.
Worst Company To Ever Work For
FSR (Former Employee), NCJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: there is nothing good about scope services
Cons: everything
A typical day starts off with no management whatsoever, the management you do go is by people who could care less about your safety.

In the 1 year of working with the company I learned that the company does not care one bit about their employees.

The hardest part of the job was waking up every morning knowing I had to go to the place. This is the – more... only company I've ever known that does not give you what you need. You work in the freezing cold and the company will not even provide you a jacket. If you're out working in the dark, they don't even provide you with a light.

The most enjoyable part of the job is quitting!!!

I highly recommend anybody considering working here to forget about it. You get paid nothing and too much is expected out of you. You get cussed out non stop and will never get anything in return expect a pitiful check at the end of the week. – less
This company is horrible to work for
Meter tech. (Former Employee), Reno NVJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: working with people from my community
Cons: the way my community has been treated by scope services.
This company clearly apposes an equal opportunity work environment. Racial comments and slurs are widespread and accepted at Scope Services. This company is a very hostile environment for all lower level employees especially minorities. Would not suggest working for this companies dead end positions.
Apply at your own risk
Installer (Current Employee), Elkton MDJanuary 7, 2013
Cons: see review
Every morning you are required to stand in formation and be verbally abused and threatened by management. You are literally threatened with termination every day. The job is easy and enjoyable, but, dealing with management ruins the experience.
Scope is a joke
installer (Current Employee), elkton mdJanuary 5, 2013
The day starts out at 7 a.m. with a toothless idiot ranting and raving about how stupid and lazy everyone is.
Constant threats and verbal abuse
Installer (Current Employee), Elkton MDJanuary 4, 2013
Cons: see above
Each day starts with standing in formation and being yelled and cursed at by the Project Manager. The Project Manager has an advanced degree in profanity and insults and revels in abusing people in front of everyone. You are constantly threatened with being fired by the Project Manager and his minions. This is not a good place to work. Apply at your – more... own risk. – less
Dark ages employment
Installer (Former Employee), Elkton Md.November 12, 2012
Pros: i don't have to work there any more.
Cons: astounding lack of leadership's competence, ability, and especially trustworthiness.
A typical day starts with a group formation to berate and belittle the current crop of installers whether deserved or not. Upper mgmt. and supervisors seem to be chosen on lack of ability with the least qualified advancing the furthest. To be fair the project manager's ability to accomplish nothing is only exceeded by his exceptional ability to lie. – more... The only competence I saw exhibited in 6 months of employment was by the installers themselves despite a 250% turnover and up turnover rate among this very group.Delmarva Power should investigate this company and the relationship with the DP&L reps on site and the Scope mgmt. on site. – less
Delmarva Power should investigate this company
Installer (Former Employee), Elkton Md.November 8, 2012
Pros: i don't have to work there any more.
Cons: no one of any competence at any level from corp. thru supervisory. not kidding, did not interact with any competent person above the installer level.
Horrible place to work. Start day with lectures about your poor performance whether it was or not. The Project Mgr. can not be trusted as lying seems to be his one and only skill. Because of his incompetence all the supervisors are equally incompetent and dishonest. The philosophy seems to be that if there is a problem yell loud enough and often enough – more... to make sure there are no problems (of course the problem doesn't go away) and if there is an opportunity to treat an employee bad, you should and must, and if there is not an opportunity create one. The turnover rate when I was there was well north of 200%. It is a minority owned business that must get government money because it is impossible for this company to make a profit the way it is run. They should be investigated. – less
PRODUCTION BASED COMPANY
Meter Installer (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MDOctober 15, 2012
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORKS CONSISTED OF ATTENDING MORNING MEETING, UPLOADING NEW METERS INTO WORK VAN. MAP OUT ROUTE FOR THE DAY USING GPS, LOCATION OF METERS (FOR EXAMPLE) INSIDE METERS AND OUTSIDE METERS. IDENTIFY PROGRAM CODES ON METERS. I LEARNED HOW TO INSTALL LIVE METERS UP TO 480 VOLTS. I ALSO LEARNED DIFFERENT MECHANISMS TO INSTALL DIFFICULT TO – more... REACH, REMOVE, AND LOCATE METERS. I ENJOYED WORKING WITH MY CO WORKERS ON THE 480V/CONVERSION TEAM ON BIG METER PROJECTS IN GOVERNMENT AND HIGHLY POPULATED APARTMENTS AND CONDOMINIUMS. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS INSTALLING METERS THAT WERE LOCATED INSIDE HOMES/BUSINESSES WHERE CUSTOMERS WERE UNAVAILABLE. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS BEING APART OF HISTORY BY INSTALLING ELECTRICAL METERS THAT HAD NOT BEEN CHANGED SINCE THE FIRST INSTALLATION 50 PLUS YEARS AGO. ALSO DEALING WITH THE DIFFERENT RACES, AGES, STATUSES, ECONOMIC BACKGROUNDS OF CUSTOMERS. – less
WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR!!
INSTALLER (Former Employee), DELAWARESeptember 5, 2012
SCOPE TREATS ITS EMPLOYEES HORRIBLE. THEY SPEAK DOWN TO THEIR EMPLOYEES LIKE TRASH,ITS UNREAL.THEY HAVE NO MANAGMENT SKILLS WHATSOEVER,NO KNOWLEDGE OF HOW TO RUN A COMPANY PROFESSIONALLY AND THEY DONT HAVE ENOUGH EQUIPTMENT TO DO THE JOB. THEY ALSO LIED ABOUT OUR PAY,IT NEVER WENT ABOVE $10 AN HR,EVEN THOUGH WE WERE PROMISED $12 AN HR!!!
Worst Company I Have Ever Worked For
Meter Installer (Former Employee), NevadaAugust 7, 2012
I have never been treated so poorly as I have while working at Scope Services. The work environment created by management is incredibly hostile. The project managers and supervisers are not only incompetent, but give little care into the safety and well-being of their employees. They cut corners and costs anywhere they can. This is incredibly unfortunate – more... because the people they employ to install meters are some of the hardest working, humble people I have ever met. – less
great job
Area Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2012
Pros: was ablew to learn and work as a manager without micro management
Cons: on call up to 18 hours six days a week
Worked there seven years. Led over 75 employees daily with the help of five subordinate supervisors.
bogust
Meter Technician (Current Employee), Landover, MDJuly 8, 2012
Pros: non
Cons: lots
Management pretends to care about the staff, but on a daily basis your job is threatened. They tell you that weekends are off, but when next wed or thurs comes, sat is mandatory. These people are unprofessional. When 10 people can get fired in a months time, you tell me how this ship is running. People are working with high voltage 120 - 480, and the – more... pay tops out at $12 hr. Not worth it. – less
6 month position
utility meter inspector (Former Employee), Spokane WAApril 12, 2012
Their job listing says nothing about having to travel and work out of town.
Dead End Job
Lead (Former Employee)October 22, 2011
Pros: you get a paycheck thats it
Cons: no raises, no advancement oppertunites, no appreciation for hard work
I worked for Scope for several years, neither me nor my co-workers ever received raises and never felt appreciated. The work is ok the only thing about it is your not going to get paid what your worth nor get any kind of thank yous or raises. There was never any kind of employee appreciation such as taking the productive employees out to lunch on occasion – more... and you'll get the most cheapest uniforms available and when they start to tear, even though you washed them properly, management will still pin it on you that you weren't taking care of your uniform properly. Hopefully your not embarrassed to by the raggedy truck you'll be driving as well. – less
Scope Services treats its employees terrible
An Employee (Former Employee), East CoastJune 25, 2012
Pros: there are no pro comments for this company
Cons: be prepared to be told one thing and then watch that one thing change.
Scope Services Corporate management does not have the knowledge of the type of business they are operating. They have no game plan or processes. They are totally flying by the seat of their pants.