Scope Services Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Company only cares about making money
FSR (Former Employee) –  Anderson,SCFebruary 12, 2015
Worked there 4 years, was the top employee in my area and received no praise. Company policies changed every wee and the would do anything the could to make you pay them. We would bust out butt doing 45- 50 orders or more and still management wanted you to do more. My opinion stay away!!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
It was a great place to work.
Meter Installer/ Reader (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, NCFebruary 3, 2015
This was a contract job situation and this was only going to be for a short period time. The managers were very cool and great to with for and the co-workers were very helpful and pleasant.
Was an ok job , alot of good men and women to work with.
Assistant Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Landover / Gaithersburg MDOctober 29, 2014
A good job, with great people, provided a good starting point for employment.
Okay for those who like voluntary OT but can also deal with EXTREME stress!
Installer/Auditor (Former Employee) –  3333 Pennsy DriveAugust 3, 2014
Typical workday was being lectured about turnaround and minute mishaps for newer employees. We did have a decent manager named Walter London. He did not yell nor belittle any of us too bad. I did get steady raises and time off when needed (family death).

I learned how NOT to get fried using proper safety procedures and made some understandable mistakes. One supervisor was a joke but most were even tempered and understanding.

The only problem was there was no team effort. Techs would sit in a truck on rainy days and skip jobs on their handhelds that required more time to install or in crawlspaces, gates that were allegedly locked or dogs in yard..etc all from the comfort of a air conditioned vehicle. I know this because management got smart and started rotating routes and 80 percent of the jobs I did were doable.

If they would pay more for performers, then others are less likely to slack off. I saw how to achieve this but never really bothered. THEY WILL check up on you every blue moon and if guilty (no gloves infraction or blowing up a box) they will sit you down explain importance of safety, send you home for the day and have you come back the next. The manager and supervisors I came in contact with were okay. They DID get rid of the contracted bigots ones from NC an I think PA since the 98 percent of workforce were black and a few women.

The best part is working on your own and the day flies by if your REALLY doing your job.
Pros
work on your own
Cons
only interested in numbers not legitamate excuses. if your caught in traffic, handheld malfunction, discussion with irate homeowners - you better call your supervisor!!
Ok
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 26, 2014
This company is an ok company to work for. If you like working outdoors and getting yelled at by customers then this is the job for you. Long hours, little pay and a lot of stress.
Very productive work, enjoyed working outdoors and sweating versus sitting in a cubical anyday.
Utility worker contracted by AEP (Former Employee) –  Weslaco TxSeptember 11, 2013
Everything from co-workers to management were very knowledgable and helpful. Enjoyed working for this company and staff. Pay wasn't very satisfying but a good job to help learn new things about electricity and safety guidelines.
Pros
overtime 20+ hours, able to make commision off of extra meters installed
Cons
contracted employment
Average Company
Field Rep (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati OhioSeptember 2, 2013
Management is always changing. Racist and divided company. Raises do not exist. After one year I asked for a raise that I was promised about after one year, I was told it wasn't in the budget. Contracts with local utility company, once contract is up the office will obtain another on or shut down.
Pros
descent wages
Cons
long hours and on call.
good experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAApril 1, 2013
Administration work. very friendly co workers worked as a team, not enough work.
Worst Company To Ever Work For
FSR (Former Employee) –  NCJanuary 25, 2013
A typical day starts off with no management whatsoever, the management you do go is by people who could care less about your safety.

In the 1 year of working with the company I learned that the company does not care one bit about their employees.

The hardest part of the job was waking up every morning knowing I had to go to the place. This is the only company I've ever known that does not give you what you need. You work in the freezing cold and the company will not even provide you a jacket. If you're out working in the dark, they don't even provide you with a light.

The most enjoyable part of the job is quitting!!!

I highly recommend anybody considering working here to forget about it. You get paid nothing and too much is expected out of you. You get cussed out non stop and will never get anything in return expect a pitiful check at the end of the week.
Pros
there is nothing good about scope services
Cons
everything
This company is horrible to work for
Meter tech. (Former Employee) –  Reno NVJanuary 12, 2013
This company clearly apposes an equal opportunity work environment. Racial comments and slurs are widespread and accepted at Scope Services. This company is a very hostile environment for all lower level employees especially minorities. Would not suggest working for this companies dead end positions.
Pros
working with people from my community
Cons
the way my community has been treated by scope services.
Apply at your own risk
Installer (Current Employee) –  Elkton MDJanuary 7, 2013
Every morning you are required to stand in formation and be verbally abused and threatened by management. You are literally threatened with termination every day. The job is easy and enjoyable, but, dealing with management ruins the experience.
Cons
see review
Scope is a joke
installer (Current Employee) –  elkton mdJanuary 5, 2013
The day starts out at 7 a.m. with a toothless idiot ranting and raving about how stupid and lazy everyone is.
Constant threats and verbal abuse
Installer (Current Employee) –  Elkton MDJanuary 4, 2013
Each day starts with standing in formation and being yelled and cursed at by the Project Manager. The Project Manager has an advanced degree in profanity and insults and revels in abusing people in front of everyone. You are constantly threatened with being fired by the Project Manager and his minions. This is not a good place to work. Apply at your own risk.
Cons
see above
Dark ages employment
Installer (Former Employee) –  Elkton Md.November 12, 2012
A typical day starts with a group formation to berate and belittle the current crop of installers whether deserved or not. Upper mgmt. and supervisors seem to be chosen on lack of ability with the least qualified advancing the furthest. To be fair the project manager's ability to accomplish nothing is only exceeded by his exceptional ability to lie. The only competence I saw exhibited in 6 months of employment was by the installers themselves despite a 250% turnover and up turnover rate among this very group.Delmarva Power should investigate this company and the relationship with the DP&L reps on site and the Scope mgmt. on site.
Pros
i don't have to work there any more.
Cons
astounding lack of leadership's competence, ability, and especially trustworthiness.
Delmarva Power should investigate this company
Installer (Former Employee) –  Elkton Md.November 8, 2012
Horrible place to work. Start day with lectures about your poor performance whether it was or not. The Project Mgr. can not be trusted as lying seems to be his one and only skill. Because of his incompetence all the supervisors are equally incompetent and dishonest. The philosophy seems to be that if there is a problem yell loud enough and often enough to make sure there are no problems (of course the problem doesn't go away) and if there is an opportunity to treat an employee bad, you should and must, and if there is not an opportunity create one. The turnover rate when I was there was well north of 200%. It is a minority owned business that must get government money because it is impossible for this company to make a profit the way it is run. They should be investigated.
Pros
i don't have to work there any more.
Cons
no one of any competence at any level from corp. thru supervisory. not kidding, did not interact with any competent person above the installer level.
Production based company
Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDOctober 15, 2012
A typical day at works consisted of attending morning meeting, uploading new meters into work van. Map out route for the day using gps, location of meters (for example) inside meters and outside meters. Identify program codes on meters. I learned how to install live meters up to 480 volts. I also learned different mechanisms to install difficult to reach, remove, and locate meters. I enjoyed working with my co workers on the 480v/conversion team on big meter projects in government and highly populated apartments and condominiums. The hardest part of the job was installing meters that were located inside homes/businesses where customers were unavailable. The most enjoyable part of the job was being apart of history by installing electrical meters that had not been changed since the first installation 50 plus years ago. Also dealing with the different races, ages, statuses, economic backgrounds of customers.
Worst company I have ever worked for!!
INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  DELAWARESeptember 5, 2012
Scope treats its employees horrible. They speak down to their employees like trash,its unreal.They have no managment skills whatsoever,no knowledge of how to run a company professionally and they dont have enough equiptment to do the job. They also lied about our pay,it never went above $10 an hr,even though we were promised $12 an hr!!!
Worst Company I Have Ever Worked For
Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  NevadaAugust 7, 2012
I have never been treated so poorly as I have while working at Scope Services. The work environment created by management is incredibly hostile. The project managers and supervisers are not only incompetent, but give little care into the safety and well-being of their employees. They cut corners and costs anywhere they can. This is incredibly unfortunate because the people they employ to install meters are some of the hardest working, humble people I have ever met.
great job
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2012
Worked there seven years. Led over 75 employees daily with the help of five subordinate supervisors.
Pros
was ablew to learn and work as a manager without micro management
Cons
on call up to 18 hours six days a week
bogust
Meter Technician (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDJuly 8, 2012
Management pretends to care about the staff, but on a daily basis your job is threatened. They tell you that weekends are off, but when next wed or thurs comes, sat is mandatory. These people are unprofessional. When 10 people can get fired in a months time, you tell me how this ship is running. People are working with high voltage 120 - 480, and the pay tops out at $12 hr. Not worth it.
Pros
non
Cons
lots

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scope Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

1.8