Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Scotiabank is a great place to work and do business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Linstead, St Catherine, JamaicaSeptember 1, 2017
Scotiabank is extremely customer centric, high on technology, and staff satisfaction. I am proud to have worked for Scotiabank and I have achieved a great deal of knowledge there. The most difficult part of the job is to manage the customer traffic which is usually high.
Pros
Lunch is part of the compensation package
Cons
compensation package is the best in Jamaica in the financial sector
Excellent place to work
Manager Risk A (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoAugust 28, 2017
Great place to work. Learned a lot during my years working for Scotiabank. The workplace culture was very professional. The management department always so friendly and professional. The hardest part was to say goodbye. The most enjoyable experience was getting the job done reaching excellent results.
Pros
Activities to forment excellent and healthy work environment
Learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  KingstonAugust 27, 2017
Working here has taught me a lot . I learned how to communicate with different countries. The training I received was thorough I spent 6 weeks learning the bank culture and customs.
Pros
Lunch provided, flexible hours
Cons
Too many old people, no room for growth
Energetic environment
Intern (6 weeks training and development) (Former Employee) –  Junction, St. Elizabeth, JamaicaAugust 21, 2017
Amazing company. Work is not just work but also working with family away from home.

Goals are set and achieved daily. Employees are also rewarded from their daily achievements which motivates the entire team.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Little or no compensation for long overtime hours
A great place to work at.
Teller, Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Ann, JamaicaAugust 11, 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job was customer satisfaction. I got the opportunity to interact with customers and provide quality service. This was a great team.
Pros
Free Lunch, Bonuses
Cons
Healthcare
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  KingstonAugust 10, 2017
A typical day at work is very busy with a lot of clients coming into the Branch to do transactions. You have to learn to multi-task as a Branch Manager.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and interacting with the clients.

The most difficult part of the job is delivering excellent customer service with limited staff.
Pros
Health care, subsidized lunch, special loan rates for staff
Cons
Heavy customer traffic in the branch
Ok place to work
Customer Service Representative / Sales (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85206August 6, 2017
I enjoyed my colleagues and working with them. I did not however agree to some procedures asked of me. I found at times there was a lack of ethics and I did not want any part of that.
Job as a teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  jamaicaAugust 4, 2017
Typical day at work

Processing customers transaction

Respond to Inquiries

Balance cash at the end of the day

Hardest part of the job

Being out a balance and searching for a difference

What have I learnt

To be courteous

Be Flexible

Be accurate

Some support from management

Cross training is encouraged
Business casual and proessional emviroment
Corporate Actions Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2017
Scotia had a good culture, while busy and the workload can be demanding this is a company that cares about employees. In New York staffed with experienced people. I would recommend to anyone.
We have a Gym membership
OutSide Sales Officer (Former Employee) –  Hato Rey, PRAugust 2, 2017
I have good experience with Scotiabank in Morgage department, working with all the different loans , customer, mortgage appraisals, lawyers, Investors, Servicing , Realtor, sales man , and all the process in each transactions
Pros
Gym, gifs, travels
Good place to make a career
Sr. MIS Manager for the Caribbean and LATAM (Former Employee) –  Dominican RepublicJuly 24, 2017
Wonderful place to work internationally and to learn about new process through out different culture.
Traditional Workplace
Data Analytics (Current Employee) –  OntarioJuly 22, 2017
Workplace using very traditional technologies and moves slowly because of organization size and executive pushback. Difficult place for someone seeking to be in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
Good place
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2017
It was a fantastic place to work and experience the real magic of learning. I learnt a lot during my tenure and at the same time contributed a lot to make sure the project is delivered on time
Fast pace Environment
Teller Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Croix, VIJuly 16, 2017
A typical Day at ScotiaBank is Providing the Best Customer Service to each customer. I have learned in working there is multitasking. That is the big thing I must say. T he hardest part of the job is working understaff, where it seems like more pressure is on top of me, which I know I can handle it though. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing on the customer face that I have provided that best service to them, that is the highlight of my day.
Pros
Christmas Bonuses, Paid Vacations, Sick Days, and Holidays
Cons
Shortage of Staff
Its Getting Better
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  LimaJuly 13, 2017
Scotiabank has updated a lot of its processes. Its becoming a better bank. The salary is not very competitive however the environment and culture are getting better.
Training Officer
Training Officer (Former Employee) –  San Juan Zona Urbana, PRJuly 10, 2017
As a training officer in Human Resource Development, the exposure to interact with employees at all levels was a privilege. Traveling to the Caribbean enriched our knowledge as to the similarities and differences of the working culture within different countries.
Excelente
Representante servicio al cliente (CSO) (Former Employee) –  Agente de servicio al clienteJuly 7, 2017
Muy buen servicio al cliente prestamos desde el BPO Bogotá para Canadá.
Terrible experience
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Downtown Manhattan, NYJuly 5, 2017
Dreadful operations manager. Staff is cold at times and unwilling to assist. Unfriendly work environment because of poor management skills and desire to assist staff
Pros
don't work there
Cons
If your not working there your lucky
Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2017
It is an excellent place to work. I have no objection except they don't increase the salaries very often. i will be very happy if they really consider about to make their employee happy.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Low Salaries
Friendly staff
Teller (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIJuly 2, 2017
This is a good job. It pays well and has a great culture. The staff are very helpful but can be quite petty at times. Tthe stability isn't too great due to the fact that they have been laying off people lately.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.