SCOTIABANK

SCOTIABANK Employer Reviews

fun place
International Department Agent (Former Employee), canadaMay 31, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short break
its good and fun to work for
managers are very friendly
I recommend this job.
Nice and caring people (Canadians in general)
Loan Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2014
Pros: discount lunch
Everybody is very nice and felt very close. Learned a lot from co-workers and had an over all great experience.
Solid international bank.
Vice President/Director - Business Banking (Former Employee), San Juan, PRFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: well capitalized bank.
Cons: excesive manual operations. mis below average.
A Canadian-based bank with a strong credit risk culture. It provides opportunities to develop leadership and career goals.
Professional Workplace
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 23, 2014
Management was excellent
Most enjoyable workplace
Did my 1st finance job
costomer service
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJanuary 19, 2014
In this job we take calls of the customers about the bank account they have. The hardest part is the non stop call and in my personal opinion that's the best part to .
I had worked in tree differents departments and the company is focus to develop employees and respectful managers
Retail Lending Product Manager (Current Employee), San Juan, PRJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: offer training, internal job posting for profesional advancement
Cons: salaries can be more competitive
A typical day at work consists working together with the marketing and operational department to support their projects. We also work in the pricing offering, marketing intelligence, analyzing competitors pricing and operational procedures. We investigate them and develop new offers and implemented our strategies. This department is small (4 employees) – more... and we are flexible to work different tasks with constant changing priorities.
In this department we have competitive manager with superior experience that we can learn from their knowledge.

The hardest part of the job is that we work in a separate office or building from our collages, it is slower or difficult to communicate to finish projects. – less
Very Team oriented and customer focused
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), North Bay, ONSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: it brought out my profectionist quality and excellent customer service
Cons: working alone
I dealt with clients on a daily basis whether it was over the phone or assisting them with their banking needs inside the branch. We were a team to help each and that is what I enjoyed the most. Knowing there was always someone to help you if you weren't sure of something or to pitch in and help if it got busy.
I was in charge of the files and accounts – more... behind the scenes. I set up client's accounts, loans and investments and I was the only one in charge of this so I had to manage my time and priorities. – less
International bank with opportunities for professional growth
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Juan, PRAugust 21, 2013
Pros: international bank, good employee benefits
Learned new banking products, co-workers work as a team. Hardest part of the job was their computer systems.
Productive and compensation are good.
Operational Manager (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJuly 22, 2013
Pros: good compensation / great place to work.
Cons: excessive extended hours under pression
Work conditions are variable, but interesting.
I learned manage 28 employees with different characters and moods.
I am very proud on what I did with the information given to the management team and all of the problem that was successfully resolved.
Productive and very stressful work place
Senior Program Analyst (Former Employee), Bayamon, Puerto RicoJuly 10, 2013
Pros: all as usual in private companies.
Cons: health care plan and 401k benefits
Working from 8 to 5:30, doing analysis of bank customers accounts. Extracting data from the transactions to report to the FDIC, and doing some specific request from the management. I learned to share information with other co-workers inside the institution.
Excellent place to work.
Senior Manager Special Accounts Management (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 31, 2013
Part of the Integration Team after the acquisition of RG Premier Bank, a competing financial institution.
Develop client relationships by providing adequate services without affecting bank and regulatory policies, procedures, and impact risk structure.
productive and good envaromental place
Inside Sales Officer (Current Employee), san juan, prJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: flexibility
great plece to work I like to help people to make their dreams came true
Interesting place
IT Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Hato ReyDecember 12, 2012
Pros: paycheck
Cons: no place for advancement | pay is very low
Its a great place to work if you don't have goals for advancement in life. The promote people with not technical background to technical jobs just because they have friends in the managers area.
Excellent company
SPONSORSHIPS / MARKETING COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Hato Rey, PRNovember 27, 2012
It give you opportunities to grow as a profesional.Through a recognition program called "Scotia Applause" can recognize the dedication and commitment of your co-workers.
Senior Manager Risk (Current Employee), San Juan, PRJuly 7, 2012
Work / Life Balance is excellent. Co-workers are excellent, great chemistry.
Scotiabank strives to provide an environment that attracts talented employees and creates opportunities for each person.
Sr. Compliance Officer - Quality Control Unit (Current Employee), San Juan, PR.June 27, 2012
Pros: strong relationships and rewarding experience.
Cons: long hours
Everyday, the community of Scotiabankers are thriving. A global community in fact, motivated by values like insight, integrity, respect, spirit and commitment, where distinct perspectives and unique talents ignite personal career growth.
GOOD EMPLOYER
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee), Hato Rey, PRJune 24, 2012
I had a good experience when I worked in Scotiabank as part time employee (4 hours daily for two month).

Thank you for the opportunity.
Great place to work.
Human Resources Officer (Current Employee), British Virgin IslandsJune 20, 2012
Pros: competitive compensation/benefits
Cons: culture
Great place to work.
Exceptional benefits.
Great working conditions.
Productive place to work
Receptionist / Teller - From (Former Employee), Carolina, PRMay 14, 2012
Pros: activities such as valentine's day, christmas, thanks giving, and birthdays
Cons: part-time job.
A great place to work, nice enviroments, coworkers, and management team. I loved it because there was always something new for me to do and I learned a lot. I had to work out situations in which clients were not happy and others that were.
Working here was an adventure
Manager (Former Employee), Dorado, PRApril 14, 2012
This job was an amazing experience to my. I had to lead with different kind of bidders as we were the reppossed vehicle unit of the Bank.

We were a small group, but the team work were evident.

1 2 3 4 5

About SCOTIABANK

Scotiabank is a leading financial services provider in over 55 countries and Canada's most international bank. Since welcoming – Read more