Scott & White Employee Reviews

Typical workday
Manager (Former Employee) –  wacoOctober 21, 2016
Coworkers were great! Management not so great. Management set goals with high expectations they know you can't reach all so you can never a get a raise.
Hardest part of the job was meetings.....all day meetings to plan to meet again the next time and does nothing but take away from you actually doing something productive.
People, especially management, will stab you in the back very quickly. It's best to just say hi and Bye on the job...no more.
You have to be in the "Circle Click" to get acknowledged or promoted.
Pros
decent benefits package
Cons
too many meeting and too much expectations
Central Acess Services (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 31, 2016
On a typical day at work, things can be a little stressful because of the workload. The organization allows for an opportunity to advance. The management is ok for the most part. Coworkers can be hard to get along with sometimes. You may have to stay to yourself to avoid getting caught in drama. The hard part of the work is adjusting to constant medical policy changes and parking. The most enjoyable part is working with people that care about the patients and their families.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Parking is horrible
you are more of a number than a person
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 23, 2016
work in very crowded conditions, sometimes hard to concentrate.
often feel like a number, more than a person.
Personal favoritism is showed among many of the supervisors and their employees. Quality of work performed is not as important as socializing unfortunately.

not much opportunity for personal growth in my area.

Good benefits, but not as good as they used to be
Pros
insurance
Cons
no breaks, hard to be known
Great Place to work
LVN-Utilization Review-duties (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 7, 2016
This is a great place to work, benefits are really good, good insurance,great people to work with.I enjoyed almost everything about the job except sometimes having to do heavy lifting of patients.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks
Assist patients (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXApril 25, 2016
Enjoyed all the patients and staff members. Great benefits. Very understanding nurses i worked under. overall great experience.
A great place to learn working with immigration office
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAFebruary 16, 2016
It was a great experience to work in the mailroom of such a huge sub-contractor. The files worked with & procedures followed were added skills for anybody. It was a great place to start working towards other jobs related to the immigration.
Pros
Getting experience working with government & immigration related cases
Cons
No benefits as employees of sub-contractor
Did not enjoy working there
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Llano, TexasNovember 13, 2016
Poor management. The hospital was privately owned until bought out by a large, corporate entity in 2011. I felt like we were no longer taking care of people but taking care of numbers.
Pros
Food was good
Cons
Backstabbing, lack of productive teamwork, poor management.
Alright place to work
CNA/HUC (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 11, 2016
It was a good experience but management chooses who they would like to help out and be helpful to. good benefits and pay was lower then everyone around.
I loved working at Scott and White Hospital
liaison between patients and physicians (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 8, 2016
My job duties was working Med Surge,12 hour shifts,I learned the work in the Hospital is a lot different than Home Health,Or in a Long term care faclility.Management was very good,My Co-Workers was wonderful, I never worked with so many caring RN's who did not mind helping CNA's on the unit.The hardest part of my job was when a Patient was in pain or being told by the doctors they would not have long to live.The most enjoyable was when my Patients was happy and and smiling because I did something to make a difference .
Independent LMT, Corporate Chair Massage
Independent Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 7, 2016
Working with Scott & White Memorial Hospital employees to reduce stress through chair massage. I would travel to various Scott & White clinics locations throughout Central Texas to provide chair massages to employees in need of stress reduction.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Traffic while traveling
A great place to work a challenging environment and opportunity to advance
Director of Development (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 26, 2015
Always provided the oppportunity to excel and make a difference as well as good benefits. Good working environment and supervision.
Pros
Good benefits, freedom to perform job
Cons
Lots of multi-tasking and long hours
working with the different doctors
Clinic Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 5, 2016
Busy day while learning from different doctors while using time wisely to being a good team player while the hardest part when a doctor had to leave on an emergency to go to the hospital to deliver a baby while the enjoyable part was that the patients was understanding.
Pros
off on weekends
Cons
no overtime
Learned a lot never a dull moment
SP Tech II (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 3, 2015
Fellow employees were always willing to help me out if a problem ever came about. Learned a lot and my skills grew from my experiences there because you do so many different things at Scott & White because it is a teaching hospital.
Pros
Wonderful Benefits
Cons
Not family oriented
Productive and fun company with exercise room.
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 9, 2016
Typical day...busy
Learned...how to manage work
Management....very friendly and open
Co-workers...great bunch of people
Hardest part of job...when it's so busy to keep your cool
Most enjoyable part of the job...when you make a difference
Pros
The fun we can have at functions.
Cons
Not enough staff.
A company so worried about growth that they forget the employees
Radiologic Technologist/Trainer (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 14, 2013
A typical day at work is starting the day off short two people because of budget cuts. The management is sitting in their office while what we have for staff runs around like crazy people trying to keep up with the volume. The hardest part of my job is swallowing my pride every day, trying to make it through the day. I love to do x-rays and the interaction with patients. If only I had enough time to give them quality personal assistance and not be rushed to move on. Love my co-workers, we were like a family, but a family that mom and dad forgot about. It is sad but I had to leave, I felt like a hundred pounds was lifted off my shoulders when I left.
Pros
patient care
Cons
cuts in insurance, cuts in retirement plan, no raise for four years.
Scott &White Hospital has been a Blessing
Operational Training Analyst (Current Employee) –  TempleMarch 26, 2014
I am honored to be an employee at Scott &White Hospital. The work environment is conducive to employees that are self-starters and hard working. Management is here to help guide and mentor the employees, not make life harder for good workers. The people you find making careers at Scott & White are the most dedicated and selfless people you will find. They do not take the job because of the pay and benefits; they take the job to make a difference in someone’s life. I am so proud to be a part of such a rich and diverse group of people working for one goal. Complete patient satisfaction and care. I am truly blessed to be a part of it!
Pros
Working Environment
Cons
Compensation
Productive Workplace
Call Center Representative/Follow (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 28, 2016
BSWH is a large hospital that has gone through a major change since I have been employed. I believe the changes have made the workplace more productive.
It's has its benefits
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 17, 2016
They are about their numbers, not you. You are easily replaceable so they lack care and understanding. Then you have times where you are not allowed to take break only lunch due to low staffing and high call volume.
Great Co-workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 22, 2015
Family friendly, team oriented hospital. Pay is below average for area and benefits continue to be decreased.

Staff ratios are good and management continually tries to improve. Physicians are are overall very good and support nursing staff.
Pros
Great team work.
Cons
Low pay scale. Often called off.
Politics killed the enjoyment
Clinical Data Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Two employees were able to get under management's nose and that was the rest for the department. The other three of us were doomed! The hardest part of the job was going to work and knowing that management would talk to the other two employees and never come in the other three employees to say hello. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing the work for the physicians and seeing their delight in the work I had produced for them.
Pros
Cons
Management never talked to all employees, no raises for the three of us he never looked at or talked to!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scott & White. Our community is ready to answer.