Scott & White

Scott & White Employer Reviews

fun but chaotic place/different for a nurse let's say......
Medical Nurse Auditor, RN (Current Employee), Temple, TXJuly 29, 2014
typical day is sitting at a cubicle, trying to focus with a lot of noise due to different departments all around. As a nurse auditor, the only nurse in a setting of non-clinicians I find it a very difficult setting to work. I have learned to just go with the flow and work with the environment and smile as well as just do my job to the best of my ability – more... with the environment I have been given. My direct manager is great, as for other management, I can't say. Co-workers are all different, you have to learn to adapt to them all and just get along with different personalities. This as well as the environment is probably the hardest part of my job. Actually even harder is the fact that I walked in to a job role with no job description or standard work and I was expected to create. The best part about it is that I will be able to walk out of there with great satisfaction knowing I created that position. The most enjoyable part is the relationship I have with my boss, the mutual respect and open communication. – less
RCO Clinic
Follow-Up Technician (Current Employee), Temple, TXJuly 29, 2014
Management is horrible. They do not work with employees to balance work and life very well. Do not get the insurance! I pay more that $500/mth and still have a 1500 deductible. That is half my pay.
Busy office
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXJuly 28, 2014
Excellent company to work for. I learned a lot of skills that I can use in jobs to come.
ok place
Patient Service Spe (Current Employee), templeJuly 21, 2014
its okay good for advancement and typical day come in and work work work work.....
Friendly atmosphere and co-workers
Patient Services Specialist (Former Employee), Temple, TXJuly 5, 2014
Pros: patients
Cons: long hours
Greeted patients, attended the phones, took patients back to the rooms, made new appointments, scheduled labs.... worked with some of the nicest people. I learned that I really enjoy working with and being around people day in and day out.
volunteer
Emergency Room Volunteer (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXJuly 1, 2014
Pros: really good place to work or volunteer
I really enjoyed volunteering for this great hospital. All of the volunteers were great . i had a great boss . she has passed away My typical day was to great and help others that need quesyions . etc. where their loved ones rooms were ,appointment's.
All over good staff and department
Document Imaging Specialist (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXJuly 1, 2014
Pros: hours of my job 2nd shift
Cons: short on work
A typical day at work is working with people who are funny and love to be with. I learned different health system. Management was the BOOM. I got a long with my manager. The hardest part of my job was not to completed so fast work was limited. I enjoy everything at Scott and White.
SWHP
HP General Assistant-Dispute Resolution (Current Employee), Temple, TXJune 30, 2014
Good place to work. Learned a lot about healthcare system. Large company so a lot of different career paths to take
Gained solid experience in acute/critical care with an exceptional Pulmonay Group...Wealth of Knowledge
RCP I, II (Former Employee), Temple, TXJune 29, 2014
Pros: experience gained, benefits
Cons: staffing
This is the job that built me strong as a therapist. Fast paced, short staffed, and emergencies everywhere but not in bad way. Well staffing was an issues but we all just GOT IT DONE.
Very fastpaced work environment that is very stressful
Patient Access Associate II (Former Employee), Temple, TXJune 20, 2014
On a day to day basis the typical work day was fast paced and stressful. The hardest part of the job was keeping everything in line and not stepping on anybody's toes.
West Texas explosion 2013
Triage and Level 1 Trauma assistant (Former Employee), Temple, TXJune 19, 2014
The most memorable day at Scott and White hospital working in the ER was indeed the West Texas explosion,n how all the staff were able to come together and create this safe zone where the patients that were affected by this terrible accident can come and see that they were in good hands. To be apart of that has made my job there enjoyable also redefine – more... my role working in the ER. – less
Productive and caring work environment
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee), Temple, TXJune 18, 2014
Pros: great learning environment, team oriented
A typical day for a customer service lead consists of managing any non medical issues that might arise during the night. If equipment gets broken, security is needed to respond, or patients are needed to be transported from and to procedures the customer service lead is responsible for resolving the conflict.
productive place to work
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXJune 12, 2014
working in chemistry and dealing with QC is the most enjoyable part of the job
Excellent Level One Trauma Hospital
LPN-Float Nurse (Former Employee), Temple, TXJune 12, 2014
Pros: learning experiences for first nursing job & the patients!
Cons: too unpersonal- hospital too big.
First Nursing job
Floated to many different areas-learned many new things
Enjoyed working best with sister-hospital Sante Fe Rehabilitation Hospital-less employees. Smaller Hospital
Good learning experience

Cons;
Too big of a Hospital
Too many patients to enable total care of each and every one
Radiology scheduling
Patient Service Specialist- Radiologist Scheduler (Current Employee), Llano, TXJune 10, 2014
Pros: good insurance
Cons: write up for calling out sick, ( which i don't use but in case something happens) and not good pay
Schedule all radiology appointments(MRI, CT SCANS, ETC) I have found several things that needed to be change to better the hospital.
Examples, no one called patients to remind them of appointments and they had a a lot of no shows and cancels. I now called every day to remind them and this has helped a 5-15 a month. I have also changed that we ask patients – more... to pay there bad debt from 2011-2013 and our goal is always met since I have been there, even putting this goal up 3 times by 5000.00 a month. My co-workers are great and fun to be around. Stay busy and time goes by fast.
The hardest thing about me job has been trying to fix things that will help us do our job easier form clinic and Dr's. Some things have to fixed but not all that could help us.
Love to help others that need help in there jobs when they are behind when I am able to help and this also has been done there with billing department and return mail. – less
Work around alot of different people
facilites maintanence (Current Employee), Temple, TXJune 8, 2014
Pros: meeting new people everyday
Cons: management
This job is really intersenting,Learn something everyday.Although i am not certifired in hvac,electronics,elctricity,plumbing.I am first responder at this job,and it has taught me all the basics in those departments.We usually can trouble shoot the problem with out having to ask for assistance from a trade.there is really not a hard part about this – more... job,it has its days and being that it is only two of us every weekend working covering the whole campus plus out buildings,it gets busy sometimes. – less
I worked in the Pediatrics Dept and it was a great and rewarding experience to work closley with the children.
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee), Temple, TXJune 5, 2014
Pros: the energized program
Cons: i love childrens ...so i got to see them, hold them and talk to them 5-6 days out of the week
This was my first major experience working in a health care facility. To be able to help the patients (children and parents) is rewarding. The departments I worked in consisted of Neurology, Child Development, Psychology, Podiatrists, Cardiology, Pulmonology and General Pediatrics. Everyday was the same but different. The patients become your family. – more... They appreciate when you take up time with them to tailored their needs with their busy schedule. Children / patients are so special. I doesn't matter what their problem is, background or their ethnicity...Everybody deserves respect and special care. I love working for Scott and White. They believe in working with the spirit of excellence. The hardest part of my job was saying goodbye to a awesome Supervisor, hard working and caring doctors and the friends I met in just a short time. – less
Morale depleting
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Temple, TXJune 1, 2014
Pros: another supervisor in another department was the opposite.
Cons: try to make 1 person do the job of 3.
Micro-managing and morale busting supervisors make doing your job exhausting and squashes all motivation.
Laundering hospital linens
Laundry Technician (Former Employee), Temple, TXMay 18, 2014
Different types of laundering processes and the hospital needs for linens.
Good heath plan
DESK CLERK (Former Employee), Temple, TXMay 13, 2014
Pros: the patients
•a typical day at work, Busy
•what you learned, about insurance plans
•management, Helpful
•your co-workers, nice
•the hardest part of the job, learning about the different health plans
•the most enjoyable part of the job, the patients

1 2 3 4 5

About Scott & White

Scott & White Healthcare is a non-profit collaborative health care system which encompasses one of the nation's largest multi-specialty – Read more

Scott & White Photos