Scott & White Employee Reviews in United States

Lead Pharmacy Services Advisors (Current Employee) –  Temple,TXFebruary 2, 2015
Recruitment and applicant processing
Benefits administration/FMLA
Workers Compensation and Unemployment
Organizing and employee file maintenance
Orientation of all new employees to facility policy and procedure, complete annual training with employees
Plan, direct and coordinate all staff activities
Scheduling expertise, attendance management and providing on call support for facility staffing issues and concerns.
Lousy place to work
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 26, 2014
Work was busy and fast-paced (good). Coworkers were backbiters and trouble makers. Management had favorites...if you knew the job and did the work the slackers kept slacking, and you were never recognized for the doing the extra work. Expected to work overtime but management complained if you worked overtime. Hard to get time off. Pay was adequate, raises were not. Benefits were substandard and expensive. I would not want to work there again.
Pros
get to help people
Cons
everything else
Work Culture
Professional (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 16, 2016
Extremely fast past healthcare that strives to do the best for patients. Learned to multi task, be flexible, and time management.
Needs to improve
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 1, 2015
During the first few years in the company things were good, but as the company started growing management forgot about the employees and started focusing more on the financial side of the business, which in turned stressed out the employees due to the demands that were placed on them. Employees felt that their jobs were in jeopardy and any small issue would be escalated.
Pros
helping out patients
Cons
management, compensation, no respect
Scott and White
Patient Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 22, 2013
My day consists of verifying patien demograpic information, verify patient insurance, load and upload insureance, build insurance schemes, and take copayments. I have learn some of the basic clerical/administrative skills needed to work to work in the medical office. Management and my coworkers are excellent people to work with and they are very understand. The hardest part of my job is not always having the the tools to perfor my job, wivh can become fustrating. The best part of my job is knowing that no one does my job better than me and i love working in the clerical/ administration field.
Pros
great benifits, nice caring people.
Cons
not having all the tools to perform my job.
Learning experience in the non-profit health area
Marrow Donor Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Temple, TX and College Station, TxJune 5, 2013
This was a continuation of my involvement with Be The Match. I was an intern for a certain period of time. I worked closely with the Community Outreach coordinator in order to reach out to the Bryan/College Station community. We spoke with large groups of people through out the community about the Be The Match goal, as well as distributed marketing material. We were successful in putting on a very successful Zumbathon for the community and raised over $1000. The most enjoyable part of this internship was experiencing the various ways to reach out to the community and learning about the non-profit area.
Case Manger Assistant
Case Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 18, 2016
Typical day was pulling list of all patients on the floors I had through threw the hospital and visit after Case Manager went in and I set up home health, DME, or Skilled Rehab placement, and set up transportation if patients need it.
Assist patients (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXApril 25, 2016
Enjoyed all the patients and staff members. Great benefits. Very understanding nurses i worked under. overall great experience.
Great workplace. Awesome management.
Phlebotomist/ Spam Tech (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXApril 24, 2015
8 hour shifts, excellent co workers. Very good management staff. Learn something new everyday. Nice employee benefits. Perform venipuncture on around 40 patients a night.
N/a
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXApril 4, 2015
Great Compensation and benefits; also good Job Security. Hardest part was working for a good department with bad management. I enjoyed working with everyone
Love what I do, but need more
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TexasJuly 11, 2013
My daily task vary, which I love, from managing the trainers for our applications, responding to end user questions and end user managers, working with other IDs to help make sure we are fully integrated in our training, building and maintaining the training environments, scheduling go live support and working with the application team to make sure our training matches all the build changes.
I have learned so much about curriculum design and educating the adult learners! I learned and implemented the ADDIE model.
I love the people I work for and have a great boss that supports his team and their efforts.
The hardest part of the job is trying to make sure all levels of involvement are satisfied with the training I provide. My leadership often doesn't know the end user and it is difficult to balance what the end user management wants for their people with what I am told from the project leadership, but at the end of the day we all know it is about a quality product for the end user and if we work together we will get there.
I love the interaction of all the application teams! I like seeing the final product come together.
Pros
work/life balance, flexible hours, fun people
Cons
compensation
At times communications with Desk Clerks odd. Enjoyed job purpose
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 5, 2015
Interacting to patient care a need that was enjoyed. Observed the importance of The Departments throughout the facility. Strong family unit. Most difficult area of job when patient passed away,and having too remove patient and transfer the body to the morgue. Was great to see a patient returning home after physical battle.
Pros
Employees valued
Cons
Unable to have requested time off under staffed
Co-Workers are wonderful! Management needs to get their act together. Too many people acting like a supervisor just cause aggravation.
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 29, 2013
Management makes sudden changes to daily routines, and department policies then fails to notify the actual worker.

Constant use of knowledgeable workers causes job burn-out, while the slackers get by under the radar yet receive the same pay.

Rely on seasoned employee's to train new employee's, without any incentive, while the supervisor gives little to no direction yet holds the employee completely accountable for new employee's short-comings.

There hasn't been any pay raises for us non-degree holding "support staff'" in at least two years.

Managements lack of knowledge of the 'promotion system' is disgusting. I have witnessed proficient, knowledgeable, dedicated employees go six to eight years (long before my employment) without a promotion because of managements stupidity.

Lunches are thirty minutes long, no other break unless you are a brown noser then you can take longer and whatever breaks you see fit. Depends on who is supervising I guess, or longer if you are a supervisor.

The health care plan is not affordable on these meager wages.
Pros
steady pay check
Cons
pay is below average. you can make the same at a retail pharmacy.
Good place to work with family
Clinical Research Coordinator- Orthopedics and ED (Former Employee) –  Temple TXJanuary 20, 2016
My experience was to always have supportive managers on family life. Supportive of change in status or needing to be off for children or family.
Pros
Supportive family
Cons
Terrible parking
Nothing good to say, I worked there for over 19 years and only made 14.38 per hour
Surgery Scheduler/Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 8, 2012
Annual reviews are a joke, salary increases are laughable, frequently looked over for promotions, management is a joke, years of service means nothing there anymore.
Pros
transfer opportunities within the institution
Cons
years of service and work ethic are often looked over
were not afraid to try new ideas
Board Certified Pedorthist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 4, 2012
Scott andWHote had good benefits.They would encourage continuing eduction throughtheir in house university or through an accredited college or university close by. Hardest part of job was when a patient outcome did not hold and needed to be redone to prevent other problems through no fault of your own. Colleagues knew their job well.Enjoyed solviing a difficult case with a psoitive outcome and patient satisfaction
Enjoyed working with the Doctors
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 28, 2015
Managed Doctors Calendar
Schedule Meeting
Schedule doctors lunch
Follow up on patients prescription for medication or DME supplies for Pulmonary issues
Pros
Doctors were great to work for
Cons
to many cliques
ok
Insurance Verification Repsenitive (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 7, 2016
not much for overtime, depends on department on how you get treated. You never know when they will have a layoff, sometime can be a goos place to work
Friendly Environment
Spam Technician II (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 11, 2015
Scott and White Hospital offers a safe working environment and promotes professional relation between employees. The leadership was well prepare and provided excellent training.
Steady work and good pay.
Order Filler/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Temple, TexasSeptember 28, 2011
Scott& White is a well-known hospital and healthcare provider in Central Texas. It is a large, diverse non-profit company with several local clinics and dialysis centers throughout the area. It provides excellent benefits for its employees, and also provides EXTREMELY competitive wages for the region.