Scott Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great Experience Prior to Graduation
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILAugust 6, 2017
I enjoyed the opportunity to see what it would be like to work in a particular field prior to my graduation. The experience was appreciated. I was able to work hours that still allowed me to complete summer classes. The job required a lot of travel from one branch to another. However, it was a good way to get my name out within the employees at the credit union.
Continuing Problems
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILAugust 2, 2017
The average turnover is above 20% which speaks volumes. The previous COO was manipulative and less than honest but was allowed to continue unsatisfactorily by the current executive management.
Pros
The employees who remain are like family.
Cons
High turnover which is bad for morale.
Scu
Facilities Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJune 20, 2017
I loved working for SCU! The culture of the company was wonderful! They like to hire from within offering a lot of job advancement opportunities. My direct manager was the best boss I have ever had!
Looking for structure
Network Architect (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILMay 23, 2017
Good be a great place to work with better mentoring and structure to their processes ,otherwise excellent benefits with a great staff. Again, good company trying to get out of growing pains
Great team members and member interaction
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILJanuary 19, 2017
Enjoyed working with the Member's with their banking needs. Typical day might be to either open or close accounts, file fraud disputes. Car loans are fun as people are excited to have new vehicles. I learned a lot about titling vehicles in all states as our military membership claim residency in all states. The most difficult part of the job was to pass along that a loan couldn't not be given.
Great work environment
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILFebruary 12, 2016
I have learned to open accounts, close loans, service existing loans and accounts. Service IRA accounts, assist members in their banking needs. I have met and learned form many great co-workers. The hardest part of my job is to sometimes not be able to assist members that I feel really need help. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to assist members in their personal banking needs and meeting a lot of great people.
fss
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 7, 2016
great place to work but the hours of operation and high turnover are major downfalls...they do almost always promote from within which is great for moral
Scott Credit Union-Poor Rating
teller (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILDecember 16, 2015
I was at first excited with my employment opportunity with Scott Credit Union. I was hired as a full time teller at the O'Fallon Illinois branch. The 'classroom' training was mediocre, then I was thrown into the 'wolves' at busy holiday time. Most of my training was not at the teller window, but inside the vault where dual control was needed.
Moral in my department was very poor. Supervisors were stressed, overworked, the branch was VERY understaffed.
Mind you I had had previous, extensive experience, but this location you could cut the employee tension with a knife. The credit union piles on too much at a teller window where the members just want to get in and out with out all the selling and taking care of other problems.
Management was horrible. Probably a big reason employees were leaving due to other employment at another office or getting out altogether.
Pros
You get your breaks and lunch.
Cons
Poor infrastructure, poor moral.
Extremely busy work environment
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ILAugust 27, 2015
Very busy from start to finish. Learned time management but still sometimes not enough hours in a day. Supervisors are very supportive but the hours go late in the evening.
Pros
Keeps us busy all day
Cons
Late and long days
Productive and fast pace
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 29, 2014
Good benefits, great management team, fast and fun environment, average pay, off on some weekends and national holidays
Pros
Great hours and work alternate weekends
Productive and fun place to work
M S R Member Service Call center (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, ILFebruary 5, 2014
Twice voted best place to work by St Louis Post Dispatch
2012 and 2013.
Processing
Mortgage Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILNovember 12, 2013
Absolutely loved working at this place - was hired as a contract employee to assist with a $50,000,000 mortgage loan program
Pros
phenomenal people and great work environment
Cons
was only a contract employee
Mulit tasking was a must.
Mortgage Loan Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILOctober 29, 2013
A typical day consisted of balancing the branch accounts, teller mortgage payments and assorted reports. The hardest part of the job was dealing with members that could not make their required mortgage payments. You had to be understanding, courteous and empathetic but also collect the money that is owed. The most enjoyable part was helping someone purchase their home or helping them get caught up on the past due payments.
Pros
Great location in Fairview Heights
Cons
Not enough staff
Very busy fun place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILSeptember 4, 2013
I enjoyed working for Scott Credit Union. I got to work with some amazing people. I was able to learn more of the lending side along with the paperwork to accompany it.
Scott Credit Union Review
Teller (Former Employee) –  Troy, ILSeptember 4, 2013
learned good lessons on balancing accounts and some extra money management skills. I love the people I worked with and the customers/members who came to bank with us.
Pros
loved the bankers hours
Cons
had to leave to pursue school full time
I am thankful for this opportunity
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILAugust 26, 2013
Just moving here from Florida, I needed an job, they gave me a great opportunity, I was able to learn a lot and meet some really great people. I decided to move on to the chance e to work at a bank much closer to home and where I thought I would have more room for personal growth.
Pros
Lots of great people.
Cons
very good people and customer service
Teller (Former Employee) –  Troy, ILFebruary 2, 2013
learned to enjoy working with people and helping people this was the job that influenced my decision to go to school in the healthcare field

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scott Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2