Scott Enterprises Employee Reviews

Crew Member @ One of Scott's Resturant
Member (Former Employee) –  N/ASeptember 11, 2016
I worked for Scott enterprise's restaurant for a little over year. They really need to do better than what I seen and experience other wise people will quit. It is not even a surprise anymore when people I worked with say they will leave as soon as they find a better job or the only reason why the stay is because they are still currently a high school or college students. Scott need to hire better manager who doesn't always complain about wanting to leave early, have 2-3 days off a week. They are getting paid but they aren't doing what they should. Also manager need to learn how to schedule people, she/he often change it in middle of the week which is a bother to people.
Pros
easy going at time
Cons
some of my co-workers especially shift leaders can be lazy, expect others to do extra work when they are just standing there talking to others, have 3-4 different general managers within half a year, manager change your schedule time w/out asking you if you are ok with the time, don't tell you about changes until the day of or 1-2 days before you work, ask you to take a break within 2 hours you start working
Really grateful for the opportunity
Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 13, 2016
The corporate office at Scott Enterprises is a great place to work. My time with the marketing team was very fulfilling, as I was able to be a part of a great team and really stretch my experience in both digital and traditional media. It is a small but very nimble team! Working in the many Scott Enterprises properties and resorts made the work interesting and very diverse. I had many opportunities to be creative. The manager benefits can't be beat - great discounts and perks. I will always appreciate everything the Scott family has done for me.
Pros
Great perks - water park tickets, ski discounts, food discounts and more.
Cons
Healthcare was difficult because I lived in another state.
Horrible Company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 24, 2016
Worse people to work for. They don't care about anyone but their ourselves. You work long hours, holidays, no time for a life only to make nothing an hour. Everyone in how office is a joke too. They could do so much more for the community as to GIVING! Stop building stuff and only paying 7.25 an hour.
Horrible people!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 16, 2015
I wish there was a rating less than a 1 star. The company has no idea what they are doing, hire incompetent people to save a buck. They don't pay their bills but the owners drive around on Mercedes and BMW's. The operations manager is a micro manager that is a major blow steam up your butt then never follows through. In short never work for this company unless you want to learn to be a major kiss butt and still be used.
Pros
No supervision
Cons
Health Insurance you can't use outside Erie, PA
Scotts are terrible people!
Room Attendanr (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 7, 2015
Worked for one of their hotels in Buffalo, NY. The management sucks I was there for 7 months and experienced dealing with 3 different general managers. You are not able to move up in the company honestly they dont care about their employees. Only thing I enjoyed were the free splash lagoon passes even visiting there twice the housekeepers and lifegaurds complained about the scotts. They dont care about if you have children or an emergency comes about. They do not offer holiday pay, vacation time, bereavement days, personal days or sick days. You are better off working at Mcdonalds
Pros
Only liked my team members
Cons
No holiday pay, no vacay time, no sick days etc
worst place to work
na (Current Employee) –  erie,paJuly 22, 2015
I work for the Scott's and they are completely uptight about paying their employees. Working with customers is great but as far as being appreciated, well that's out he window. Honestly your better off working for McDonald's than this place.
Cons
everything
great job dealing with the public.I love the interaction with being in the field with customers.
owner (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach Fl.July 18, 2015
The finest work and on time guaranteed.
to accomplish your goals was It's own reward
my co-workers were highly paid and shared in the
company profits equally to myself.
Pros
well paid and motivated.many company get togethers.
Cons
tight timetables and responsible for their own healthcare as independent contractors
I enjoy the support of our management.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Huntington, INApril 26, 2015
The most enjoyable parts of my job would be traveling, making my own decisions, meeting people. The challenges often seem overwhelming but I find self esteem in facing each one.
Pros
I work my own schedual.
Cons
I'm away from my family too much.
Great place to work, Owners offer lot of incentives.
Operations Manager - Econo Lodge (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 9, 2015
Working for Scott Enterpises is enjoyable. The owners offer incentives such as; yearly company parties, bonuses, discounts, affordable health care and a strong support system for managers. This company is unique as most companies do not or can not afford these incentive for their employees.
Pros
great owners.
Cons
not enough training provided for associated to advance
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJDecember 12, 2014
Easy place to work. Fast paced environment and the management was easy to get along with. You knew what was expected of you at all times.
Business stable
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 6, 2014
3rd generation locally owned business of Hospitality and entertainment.
Pros
401k, health, and dental insurance, pto
Cons
weekends and holiday work.
great company to start
jack of all trades (Former Employee) –  erie paNovember 4, 2014
its a OK company to start with but don't plan on making it a career move cause scotts only keep people for about 5 yrs and let you go they did a major clean of house and let go alot of good general managers and hired a bunch of nobody's to replace them go figure i know i work for them from 2003 as a reservation agent before splash lagoon opened and went on to the hotels and worked with a great team of managers at that time till 2007 and i was done! gone wiped off the map so when they tell you the whole family stuff forget it u will not be there long enough rember there are more hotels in Erie now you have a better opportunity to grow somewhere were your not lied to your face. that is the truth of this company so good luck to you but i encourage you to work there and grow your hotel managment skills to be better use somewhere in the future
Productive work environment
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 27, 2014
• Provided input of daily transactions including credit card sales, deposits, fees, and interest payments from loans.
• Conducted two cash audits of Peak ‘n Peek resort.
• Received applications for lines of credit and tax exemptions for company-owned hotels.
• Trained in Great Plains accounting software.
Great Experience
Corporate Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 10, 2013
There is room for advancement if you are driven. An employee will learn all areas of the hotel, restaurant and conference environment working for this company.
Fun job
Account Manager / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 18, 2013
I was responsible for answering the phone and was an assistant to several managers. I got along very well with my co workers and management.
Challenging and Fun
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 25, 2012
My typical day at work includes hotel revenue reporting, interacting with general managers of properties, travel planning, time management. It's a challenging and fun career. Being in banking for most of my career, it is nice to learn more about the hospitality industry. My co-workers are dedicated, loyal, and kind. The hardest part of my job would be interacting with co-workers that may not be as motivated as I am to excel at what I do. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fast-paced environment and feeling accomplished at helping such a diversified environment thrive.
Family owned rental property business
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 25, 2012
I helped my family with any and all aspects of the residential rental property process ranging from showing the rental home to collecting rent, to eviction and repair(s). The hardest part of this job was trying not to evict the single parent for non-payment of rent and the most enjoyable part of this job was not evicting the single parent for non-payment of rent and of course working day and night, 365 days a year with my family, for my family.
Pros
i was my own boss most of the time
Cons
my mother always made the final decision(s)

2.9