Scott and White Healthcare Employee Reviews

Large hospital with descent benefits
CLINICAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR II (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 17, 2017
I enjoyed working in the medical field and learning all the time. One of the hardest parts of the job was feeling like we were being micro-managed. I enjoyed my co-workers but management always wanted more output with less help. At the time, health benefits were good.
Productive and learning atmosphere.
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 21, 2017
Challenging and productive atmosphere. I had the pleasure of working with people from different departments and also assisting and associating with patients .
good benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 23, 2017
The company was a good company to work for but it was going through lots of changes that caused restructuring and loss of some jobs. Benefits were good but pay was locked in with no overtime and no increases due to the restructuring.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no raises no OT
Active
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 20, 2017
Opportunity for growth, they will pay for your schooling. They have ok benefits. Overall you have to make the best of where you work. They have a lot of bickering between employees instead of just going to work and that is it. We are there to do our jobs.
Pros
Great Cafeteria, good benifits
Cons
There could be less bickering and gossip
Great Hospital and healthplan
SWHP Healthplan Rep (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 23, 2017
BSWH is a very nice hospital to work for, there are so many other areas you can work and the benefits are great. a very diverse company to work for, caring and good wages.
Pros
top 100 hospital
Cons
to much construction going on
Was a great experience
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 17, 2016
Scott and White took the time to train then place each of its Patient Specialist. They offer good compensation and benifits.
Pros
training
Cons
a big company with many patients not enough staff
Very Competitive
Certified Medical Assistant/ Chart Abstractor (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 13, 2015
A competitive place to work however. Your position is easily under appreciated. The benefits are expensive $400 a month
Lack of communication on behalf of management
pss (Current Employee) –  llanoJanuary 7, 2015
Working for Scott&White Is not the best .Starting with management is horrible u do not have any place of opportunity,You never get recognized unless of course its something bad then they go all out on you . Management is never available to talk to for any type og problems and of course unless you belong to one of there :CHURCHES" or anything of that nature then you will definately be promoted or get a better position then anyone else.Theres a bunch of kiss assers and Lots of drama that the own manager creates .I DO NOT RECOMEND this job at all they take advantage of you .
Cons
management is bad!!!
Would not recommend this company
Cagewash Technician (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 8, 2014
This company does not put employees first in my opinion in many aspects. Benefits and compensation are two of the reasons.
My work schedule is M-F 7:30 to 4:30 with a one hour lunch.
Leadership is lacking in my department which I don't blame my
boss. She had no management/personnel experience previous to current position.
My co-workers are great people but there is too much drama.
We have a high turnover rate and it seems to stem from this problem.
My work is very repetitive as is other positions in this department
so there really is nothing hard about it.
Be prepared to do everything with nothing
Rad tech (Former Employee) –  Llano hospitalAugust 13, 2014
Dont expect to see your manager or for she/he to do anything for you. They promote the butt kissers, and yessers. Expect to work overtime every week. Be on call every week and expect the manager to be suprised that you have a life outside of work when you tell them you cant work. Will learn somewhat but if your are the smartest person in your department then don't expect to learn anything other than new ways to get frustrated with management. Some co-workers will throw you under the bus when ever they can you will find out real quick who those people are. Hardest part of comming to work is knowing that its is not going to get any better any time soon or in the future. Most of the staff is enjoyable. They all feel the same way and you can at least vent to each other during down time.
Pros
Most of the staff
Cons
Loved it until last position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temple, TexasAugust 13, 2014
I really enjoyed working at this hospital. I worked in multiple roles. Most of management was nice and approachable. Some of the positions I worked in lacked team work but once we weeded through the thick and thin everything ran smoothly. Pay was pretty competitive as well. In m last position though I was branded the 'assistant manager' without the compensation. It was a difficult task and also beyond my credentials. Overall though I love the experience I was able to gain from working at the institution.
Pros
Discounts at cafeteria
Cons
responsibility roll off
occurance!
A/R Billing and Follow-up Technician (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 11, 2014
I have nightmares about 1 minute over occurances and never leaving the building, just sitting at my computer waiting for my kronos to pop up in order to time stamp. wake up 3 times a night screaming "I'm going to get an occurance"
Pros
a lot to learn if you play dumb
Cons
not good if you have an education and OCCURANCES
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 5, 2014
Aweomse work environment. Always room to grow within the company.
Experience does not count towards pay
PSS & BILLING (Former Employee) –  Hill Country RegionJune 3, 2014
S&W does not value their employees. The pay is terrible. We are all on poverty level. It is really sad that the biggest healthcare facility in the state of Texas doesn't give raises. I have been here 6 yrs with 1 raise & 1 cut in pay. I can't wait to move out of this area & work for a company that values their employees.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
1 minute late & you are warned & written up.
A teaching facility
Manager, Hospital Access Integrated Services (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXApril 30, 2014
SW is truly a teaching facility for all positions. If you are eager to learn the opportunities will present themselves. A great place to advance in any field.
Backstabbing and two faced.
Doctor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TxJanuary 10, 2014
Now that this facility is S&W, it will only get worse. The Trauma team here is full of great people who bust the tails off everyday. The job is very demanding and rewarding at the same time but do not count on any pats on the back from the Director. The Director here will take credit for everything someone here does and goes running to lets everyone know "they did it" when they had nothing to do with it. Big ego +power trip= disaster waiting to happen. Overall enjoyed this place just could not take the front that the director showed and watching good people get walked all over.
Pros
Good people. Rewarding jobs.
Cons
Ego driven backstabbers.
Busy/fast paced efficent environment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 7, 2014
Good company, excellent health care and quality patient care
Pros
Flexible sheduling
Cons
Over assignments
The doctors & nurses are very sweet, patient & helpuf
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marble FallsSeptember 20, 2013
Very very unorganized place to work for! Not enough team work or professionalism at all! Was there for a little shy if a year & I had 3 different Boss's!!! You must watch you back at the times bc employees(just a few) will back stab you or hurt you if it has do with out if work activities or problems that occurred at of work! I was warned many times but gave them the benefit I the doubt! The Boss is very unprofessional, doesn't give encouragement or praise when needed, last but not least shes never around much to see what we could change to making the patients come first. But if you can continue to work for them, be just a number, no raises or anything, then go for it!!
Pros
Benefits/an hour lunch!
Cons
Pay is horrible, favoritism, don't put patients first, so quick to turn patients away who have enough money pay BUT need to be seen.
Terrible Experience
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 23, 2013
Worked reversing and reposting in their accounting area. Was expected to learn in 2 1/2 weeks. Unfortunately many of those in that particular dept are leaving; I can totally understand why. Their systems are antiquated and very far behind. I was not given the attention necessary and did not fit their mold. I truly expected more from this company. Extremely disappointed.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Training
great work flow
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Hewitt, TXMay 30, 2013
Phlebotomy
- Patient transportation; assisting patients to and from exam rooms;
- obtaining patients vitals accurately ex-height, weight, temperature, blood pressures, on both adult and pediatric;
- EKG’s
- maintaining a sterile work environment / autoclave
- ear washes;
- administering oral and injectable medications;
- maintain temperature logs for medication refrigerator;
- performing minor procedures such as toenail removal, mole and unknown cysts removal;
- suture / staple removal
- keeping exam rooms stocked for patient care;
- patient preparation for Exams
- assist with exams and minor procedures
- Patient Education
- preparing charts
- documenting patient information
- updating patients medical records / medication lists
- able to obtain patient blood sugar levels through glucometer
- perform lab procedures such as; running strep tests, pregnancy testing, wound cx, flu testing, RSV testing, urine testing for UTI's,
- AED logs

start off day by coming in reviewing the daily schedule to see what to expect for the day and if any extra equipment or procedures would need to be set up
worked very well with others and loved doing projects to help the flow of our work area to become smoother
Pros
wonderful learning environment
Cons
high cost healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scott and White Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9